OK, worse case scenario, BB folds. What stops functioning on OS10 and other built in BB Apps?

BBLink, Maps, BBM, HUB, Amazon Apps, Texting App, BB Calendar? Would it be possible for cellular support to end?

Additional: I'm trying to decide to buy or not buy a new Passport, but want to make an educated decision, realistically it would be nice to get another one, I sold my last two, I know that technology will leave it behind in fives years, but it would be nice to use it at home, on wifi, and would be even nicer if maps was going to be working so that I could go across country. if I could get 3-4 more years of use, regardless of BB being in or out of the phone business. I know they aren't that expensive but I am on SS so money is fixed, but I love that old beast, the BB Passport and it's amazing PKB, I still keep my old BB Playbook, other than the as always slow browser, it still can do some stuff very well.
    Last edited by mawil1013; 11-01-16 at 07:24 AM.
    10-31-16 08:39 PM
    You end up with a dumb phone that's capable of calls and texts and maybe some internet. And likely a ton of error messages about being unable to connect to servers which would no longer exist lol.
    11-01-16 03:34 AM
    I agree with OP

I don't find any bugs with BBOS10

It is very stable and fluid

In fact I have only 2GB ram on Q10 but it was never hanged on any BlackBerry app unlike android

I'm very happy with productivity and performance but this should not happen

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 04:17 AM
    You end up with a dumb phone that's capable of calls and texts and maybe some internet. And likely a ton of error messages about being unable to connect to servers which would no longer exist lol.
    I'm trying to decide to buy or not buy a new Passport, but want to make an educated decision, realistically it would be nice to get another one, I sold my last two, I know that technology will leave it behind in fives years, but it would be nice to use it at home, on wifi, and would be even nicer if maps was going to be working so that I could go across country. if I could get 3-4 more years of use, regardless of BB being in or out of the phone business. I know they aren't that expensive but I am on SS so money is fixed, but I love that old beast, the BB Passport and it's amazing PKB, I still keep my old BB Playbook, other than the as always slow browser, it still can do some stuff very well.
    11-01-16 07:23 AM
    OK, worse case scenario, BB folds. What stops functioning on OS10 and other built in BB Apps?
    BBM won't connect.
    11-01-16 07:27 AM
    So, slight hijack: What's the Bla1zeman's daily driver these days?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2813
    11-01-16 03:52 PM
    So, slight hijack: What's the Bla1zeman's daily driver these days?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2813
    Nokia 8210

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    11-02-16 11:49 AM
    Wonder if the BB Protect security servers (locate/lock/wipe) would would be abandoned as well.......
    syclone1978 likes this.
    11-02-16 12:34 PM
    Wonder if the BB Protect security servers (locate/lock/wipe) would would be abandoned as well.......
    I'm guessing that if they nuked BlackBerry Protect, they would give us ample notice and also release an OS update get rid of all the BlackBerry Protect stuff.
    They're using the runs the Googles solutions for that stuff on their runs the Googles devices, so if BB10 is ever completely abandoned, BlackBerry Protect should be too at that point in time.

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    11-05-16 03:27 PM
    Dang, I didn't consider BlackBerry Protect not functioning if BB10 is EOL that's a huge possibility and very disappointing.

I loved my Z10 so much I used it for 4 years. Now I planned on keeping my Passport going for as long as I could before a BlackBerry Android.

But if BlackBerry Protect is obsolete, I think it would make me move to BlackBerry Android.

Thanks for bringing that up and now something to consider.

 BlackBerry Passport SQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 AT&T
    11-05-16 03:45 PM
    I'm not sure that even if they went belly up, they could just disappear.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-16 12:29 PM
    I can tell you that I use my OS7 9700 as my backup device to my Classic and that all the BlackBerry stuff works just fine including BIS.

OS7 hasn't been updated since when? (maybe 2012?).

I'm in Aus so never got bbmaps anyway, but I think they stopped working for Nth America. And BlackBerry protect still works.

On thing though, re BBM, it doesn't handle Bbm groups well when interacting with BB10 and blackdroid members. So Bbm to individuals works well, just not groups.

In fact everything BlackBerry works fine on my OS6 BlackBerry flip.

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    11-09-16 12:45 PM