I called BS because people with the Passport are also reporting the problem. If you don't want to read all the complaints people are having then don't read them. Leave. That's what I meant. I guess neither of you can comprehend what you read.
    How is his statement BS? Can you prove that his Passport is experiencing the low notification problem and he's just denying it?

Why come here and cry and moan that you are sick of people threatening to leave.
    Why don't they leave? If it's better elsewhere, why not be on your merry way and not punish yourself further? It's just a device.
    03-09-15 12:54 AM
    The problem is a fact. For all those off you saying this isn't a problem - I really wish it will happen to you and I really mean it.
    It's fact, fine. Does saying problems don't exist on other platforms help? Nope. Does saying you're going to leave the platform, but don't help? Nope. Report the bug, help others find solutions, and wait for an official fix.

Some people are just hyper ignorant and don't care or didn't pay attention to the volume levels. Sometimes I am jealous of those people and the simple life they live.
    Maybe other people just have better ears? Or maybe it only affects some people? Which is more plausible?

I remember when I first got my Q10 I created a poll to ask if the LED notification light goes on when the phone is charging and something like 40% answered yes. Since mine doesn't, I went to over 30 different stores and every single one of them was just like mine.

I am sure every single Q10 out there is affected by the double typing issue (in some form) but not everyone realizes it or want to admit it.
    What if the problem is a wear and tear problem and most people don't pound on their keyboards as aggressively? They'll never see the problem in the lifetime of the product.

There is people that don't care, there is ignorant people, there is people that don't like to admit to them self that what they bought/have isn't the best and thus keep trying to convince other people there is no problem.

Bottom line:
    We live in an extremely complicated world surrounded by unreliable "machines". I have to "fight" every day with something that isn't functioning the way it supposed to. I have also learned support from big companies is useless. No body can do/fix something better than the way I can.

With all that said - I completely understand people that say "I will leave if...". What other choice they have? Call tech support and work talk to Level 1 who ask you to restart your phone?
    That's rather simplistic. Go over to the BlackBerry support forums. They actively request device logs, something that can't be done over a phone call.

The irony is they have not much options to go to. 3 major others to be exact and none of them is business oriented and all of them has their own problems.
    Exactly, though some would dispute and say that the others are business oriented.
    03-09-15 01:05 AM
    It's fact, fine. Does saying problems don't exist on other platforms help? Nope. Does saying you're going to leave the platform, but don't help? Nope. Report the bug, help others find solutions, and wait for an official fix.
    It doesn't and I personally never said that because I know that every single electronic device from the past 15 years has bugs (every single one I've owned). The bug was reported over 6 months ago in the "Leak/Beta" section of this forum.

Maybe other people just have better ears? Or maybe it only affects some people? Which is more plausible?
    A friend of mine now hates me because I pointed to him the difference between mp3 and FLAC files and now he can hear at as well. Ever since he have been trying to re collect his collection in FLAC. He had a peaceful life prior to my "help".

What if the problem is a wear and tear problem and most people don't pound on their keyboards as aggressively? They'll never see the problem in the lifetime of the product.
    That's exactly what the problem is and that is why I said "at some form". Q10 is 2 years old by now. I don't hammer and pound on my keyboard (my first QWERTY smartphone) andd I've replaced 3 keyboards.

That's rather simplistic. Go over to the BlackBerry support forums. They actively request device logs, something that can't be done over a phone call.
    Mind you, there are complains about the keyboard, more than an year old, thousands of userss. The result?

So sometimes, fixes are done (usually slow). Generally though, support is rather vague ffrom big companies these dayss (even if you pay for it) and I can give you dozens of examples.
    Apple seems to be one company in the electronics world that has most recalls based on what I read and hear. However, the antenna gate jeopardized the hopes of many that they stand behind their products like no other.

There is one more thing to mention about the "buggy world" of 21st century - the often updates. There used to be times when device were simple, mechanical. Then there were times wwhen devices were electronic and simple. Now, it's a disaster. Phhones are rushed every 6 months (Sony) or a year. Released with known buggy software that will be fixed in the next update which brings new bugs and so on and on and on.

Companies can not keep up the pace of digital world evolution that they have set. And I have accepted that and dream of leaving on an lonely island without anything that understand 0110110011010001 (although my business is in that field)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by djsvetljo; 03-09-15 at 07:45 AM.
    03-09-15 07:30 AM
    I think I have a Notification problem, with the phone beside me, and double check that all volumes are max., I'll see the Notification red flash, but there wasn't any sound?! Isn't an audible sound every time u get email, text or face book message??

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 08:02 AM
    It doesn't and I personally never said that because I know that every single electronic device from the past 15 years has bugs (every single one I've owned). The bug was reported over 6 months ago in the "Leak/Beta" section of this forum.
    CrackBerry isn't an official bug report forum for BlackBerry. People here are running leaks, outdated versions, and hybrid versions.

A friend of mine now hates me because I pointed to him the difference between mp3 and FLAC files and now he can hear at as well. Ever since he have been trying to re collect his collection in FLAC. He had a peaceful life prior to my "help".
    So you pointed out lossless vs lossy... Have you told him that he needs a quality DAC? Quality speakers? etc.?

That's exactly what the problem is and that is why I said "at some form". Q10 is 2 years old by now. I don't hammer and pound on my keyboard (my first QWERTY smartphone) andd I've replaced 3 keyboards.
    I'm getting the impression that you abuse your electronics more than you realize... "every single electronic device from the past 15 years has bugs (every single one I've owned)" and three Q10 keyboards in two years?!

Mind you, there are complains about the keyboard, more than an year old, thousands of userss. The result?
    Hopefully better keyboards?

So sometimes, fixes are done (usually slow). Generally though, support is rather vague ffrom big companies these dayss (even if you pay for it) and I can give you dozens of examples.
    Apple seems to be one company in the electronics world that has most recalls based on what I read and hear. However, the antenna gate jeopardized the hopes of many that they stand behind their products like no other.

There is one more thing to mention about the "buggy world" of 21st century - the often updates. There used to be times when device were simple, mechanical. Then there were times wwhen devices were electronic and simple. Now, it's a disaster. Phhones are rushed every 6 months (Sony) or a year. Released with known buggy software that will be fixed in the next update which brings new bugs and so on and on and on.

Companies can not keep up the pace of digital world evolution that they have set. And I have accepted that and dream of leaving on an lonely island without anything that understand 0110110011010001 (although my business is in that field)
    The day when there were the simple mechanical devices and simple electronic devices without bugs doesn't exist either. There were problems in those days too.
    03-09-15 01:02 PM
    I think I have a Notification problem, with the phone beside me, and double check that all volumes are max., I'll see the Notification red flash, but there wasn't any sound?! Isn't an audible sound every time u get email, text or face book message??
    Are you sure your phone isn't in Silent mode? Settings->Notifications should say Normal, not Silent.
    03-09-15 01:03 PM
    OS 10.3.1.2558 Indeed fixes the notification volume issue. I would say it is a notch lower than 10.2.1 which is a good thing because my speaker was cracking (too loud) before.

Installed via Blitz.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 09:24 AM
    OS 10.3.1.2558 Indeed fixes the notification volume issue. I would say it is a notch lower than 10.2.1 which is a good thing because my speaker was cracking (too loud) before.

Installed via Blitz.

Posted via CB10
    What device have you tested? Q10?

Thanks in advance

Z30 / Q5 / Q10 / 10.3.1.1154
    03-14-15 10:06 AM
    What device have you tested? Q10?

Thanks in advance

Q10

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:12 AM
    I've just updated to 2558 from 1154 (which had low notification volume) on my Q10 and I can honestly say the notifications don't seem any louder.

I restored a backup after loading the OS with autoloader so all notification levels were where I had them previously and nothing seems any louder. Just seems to be the same (which is more quiet than 10.2).

03-15-15 08:38 AM
    Are you sure your phone isn't in Silent mode? Settings->Notifications should say Normal, not Silent.
    Thanks for asking, someone else told me to look at specific email notification setting buried in settings and that was it, I've had three other BlackBerry phones, two PlayBook and nexus 4, none defaulted off on any notification. Anyway it's all working and I'm running the update to fix the 10.3 update. All is well.
    03-15-15 09:23 AM
    I've just updated to 2558 from 1154 (which had low notification volume) on my Q10 and I can honestly say the notifications don't seem any louder.

I restored a backup after loading the OS with autoloader so all notification levels were where I had them previously and nothing seems any louder. Just seems to be the same (which is more quiet than 10.2).

I think the notification volume is a little louder in .2558 but still not at 10.2.1 levels. This is frustrating. Also just found some weird cellular connectivity bug on my Z10 in 10.3.1. What the hell. Blackberry is all the way to 10.3.1.2558 and we are still seeing so may issues on so many devices. I'm going back to 10.2.1 and hope I don't get bit by the FREAK vulnerability.
    03-15-15 02:00 PM
    I think the notification volume is a little louder in .2558 but still not at 10.2.1 levels. This is frustrating. Also just found some weird cellular connectivity bug on my Z10 in 10.3.1. What the hell. Blackberry is all the way to 10.3.1.2558 and we are still seeing so may issues on so many devices. I'm going back to 10.2.1 and hope I don't get bit by the FREAK vulnerability.
    What bug?
    I started experiencing data issuess when moving from one tower to another, some errror like "Fine no longer there". Cycling the airplane fixes that but I am not sure whether it is AT&T (prepaid) or BB10

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 06:26 PM

I found out some of the voluume slidders at about %60 after the update, double check everything.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 06:27 PM
    What bug?
    I started experiencing data issuess when moving from one tower to another, some errror like "Fine no longer there". Cycling the airplane fixes that but I am not sure whether it is AT&T (prepaid) or BB10

Posted via CB10
    I have AT&T prepaid also (GoPhone). Never had issues with 10.2.1.3442. Loaded 10.3.1.2558 on my Z10 and now the phone says 4GLTE instead of AT&T LTE. Data does not work and I checked the 'Signal' app and now there are no LTE bands listed in the radio section. Tried hard reset and battery pulls. No go. Went back to 10.2.1 and back to normal. Funny thing is "4GLTE" is what a T-Mobile phone or a Verizon phone displays. AT&T always displays "AT&T LTE". So why did my phone show the wrong info on 10.3.1.2558? Oh, by the way. I tried setting the network manually and still broken.
    03-15-15 06:32 PM
    I have AT&T prepaid also (GoPhone). Never had issues with 10.2.1.3442. Loaded 10.3.1.2558 on my Z10 and now the phone says 4GLTE instead of AT&T LTE. Data does not work and I checked the 'Signal' app and now there are no LTE bands listed in the radio section. Tried hard reset and battery pulls. No go. Went back to 10.2.1 and back to normal. Funny thing is "4GLTE" is what a T-Mobile phone or a Verizon phone displays. AT&T always displays "AT&T LTE". So why did my phone show the wrong info on 10.3.1.2558? Oh, by the way. I tried setting the network manually and still broken.
    Next time you have similar issues try this:
    Turn off, pull out sim start phone without sim (or with T-Mobile Sim if you have one, even better). Turn off again, put your AT&T sim and fire up. I can't guarantee it will work but there is a chance based on my findings from the past.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 06:59 PM
    Somebody have fixed low-sound bug by 10.3.2?
    06-06-15 01:16 PM
    still low here Q10 on 10.3.2
    06-15-15 02:48 PM
    Yeah, still low on 10.3.2.440
    Moreover, I have no call sound at all
    It's ridiculous: now I can't use my phone as a phone
    Last edited by aceltradegid; 06-27-15 at 11:12 AM.
    06-27-15 10:14 AM
    Yeah, still low on 10.3.2.440
    Moreover, I have no call sound at all
    It's ridiculous: now I can't use my phone as a phone
    Notification volume haas been fixed. Not as loud as 10.1 but loud enough.
    It sounds like you may have isolated issue. Try hard restart (Vl UP + Vl DOWN). If that doesn't work, factory reset or autoloader re-install.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 07:29 AM
    I did this back in the 2.1 days, and lowered all my notification mp3's so my ringer volume was higher.

Problem with increasing volume of an MP3 is distortion.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2204/SR .2134  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    06-28-15 09:45 AM
    ive experienced a 40% drop on my external speakers of the passport witht the latest beta release,
    08-20-15 02:26 AM
    sorry folks, but it seems that blackberry hates blackberry users. they don't want them to use or make use of their phones.

i'm thinking about making a kickstarter campaign to collect USD 20.000 as an offer to the guy who fixes the volume-problem.

it's still NOT WORKING.

Workaround for 10.3 low notifications volume problem-img_20151019_192639.png
    10-19-15 12:30 PM
    it's still NOT WORKING.
    • (Record yourself using your phone and testing ringtone and Notifications volume.)
    • Do a full backup if needed.
    • Then SIC multiwipe your phone (tool in the forum).
    • Last but not least, use the last autoloader for your model (link also in the forum).
    • (Compare your volume with the recording you made before...)

Of course, if you do a full restoration, there is a greater chance that the issue come back. So do a selective restore.
    Seems that the issue is in the update process, "not" the update itself...
    10-19-15 03:29 PM
    This is cute, but worthless, ok notifications are loud now, but the call volume is still to low, almost impossible to hear a person if you are outside or even in a office.

Still no fix for this issue?
    04-03-16 03:15 PM
152 ... 4567