z50 the thread is about workaround so take it for what it is.
    02-23-15 03:35 PM
    Workaround for 10.3 low notifications volume problem-img_20150223_144015.png

Passport guys Rock!!!
    02-23-15 03:41 PM
    As shown above just set your volume a wee bit just before the end,should work
    02-23-15 03:47 PM
    Disappointed in.bb not testing sound
    02-23-15 03:55 PM
    MODS: PLEASE DON'T SLAM ME FOR POSTING THIS ON MULTIPLE THREADS - IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT ALL SHOULD SEE

With all the leaked and official versions of 10.3.X - there has been the problem of low volume on notifications. There is a workaround:

Credit for this goes to jaydee5799 - she turned me on to it!

1) Download a FREE program called Audacity to your PC.
    2) Copy the sound file(s) you want to use on your device from your device onto your PC - then, import it (them) into Audacity.
    3) You can then manipulate the file to make the maximum volume higher.
    4) Save the modified file under a different file name (like, add MODIFIED into the file name, etc.) on your PC
    5) Copy the modified file from your PC into your device, in whatever location the original sound file was located (or in whatever location any third party ringtones you are using and modifying are located).

You can now select the modified file on your device for notifications, just as you selected the original sound file.

If the modified file is too loud (distorts when playing on your device) - simply delete it from your device, start over in Audacity with the original file, and modify it differently.

Once I had installed Audacity and figured out how to use it - took me about 10 minutes to modify 7 different notification files.
    Too bad this doesn't help fix the quieter feedback clicks from the virtual KB
    02-23-15 04:00 PM
    Sad

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 04:41 PM
    No problem with low volume.....you adjust volume within settings for each notification app...text, email, phone etc. You can have some loud some soft and some silent. It works great!
    bER1Nry and yellowhammer like this.
    02-23-15 06:45 PM
    No problem with low volume.....you adjust volume within settings for each notification app...text, email, phone etc. You can have some loud some soft and some silent. It works great!
    My gosh, why didn't anyone else think of that?
    djsvet and bb624 like this.
    02-23-15 08:23 PM
    Agreed. None of these so call "fixes" help for Q10 users. I guess people think they're helping with suggestions like "turn up the volume", "try a hard reset" but they're not.
    YUP!! the audio issue is definitely affecting mostly Q10's

and it gets really frustrating to have people telling me to go to normal profile and then up the volume what they don't realize is the actual problem is within the OS code UGH!!!!!!!

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-23-15 08:26 PM
    Is it mostly Q10's, Z10's and Z30's? I've seen reports of Classics and Passports too. And it's confusing as to whether it affects everyone or just some people, as some people have no issues. For the people it affected, can you report device, upgrade from official/leak to which official 10.3.1.x? Method of upgrade, OTA, Link, clean wipe?
    hey yeah it has been scattered I admit but I notice a lot of Q10's are affected. and I have tried a full wipe and that doesn't solve it. In all honestly I know what is going on its an error within the actual code of the OS. A lot of people don't understand mark up languages. I'm in school studying this now so I know what's going on I just hope blackberry notices and does something fast. it is a level 10 catastrophe

02-23-15 08:29 PM
    you are misunderstanding what the actual problem is. it has nothing to do with me adjusting the volume. I can explain it like this:

basically when I put my volume at 50% it is playing back out only 10% volume level. it has nothing to do with the user and everything with the core coding of the OS

jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    02-23-15 08:32 PM
    I have to agree: people seem to be missing out on the point of BlackBerry introducing more customisable profiles in 10.3.1 including notification volume.

A little patience and checking the Settings menu would have stopped a lot of needless griping.
    I'm sorry, but you are wrong on this.

I have tried everything with my Q10, including the steps mentioned here, but the volume remains ridiculously low.

I appreciate that there are times on CB when people complain before investigating - but that doesn't mean that every time someone has a problem, he or she is being impatient.
    pamela1000cc likes this.
    02-24-15 01:58 AM
    Found a reference to this thread plus more banter while reading "The Register".

Can't link unfortunately but here's the header for those that want to search for it:

"Lots to admire, but 10.3.1 overhaul made some sleep through alarms"

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 01:21 PM
    any workaround for weak /low wifi range ?
    02-24-15 01:28 PM
    any workaround for weak /low wifi range ?
    how far are you away from the antenna/station?
    02-24-15 02:11 PM
    the same distance which was working on 10.2 and now i am without signal
    02-24-15 02:13 PM
    Thanks! Did that, should work fine now.
    02-24-15 02:27 PM
    So to fix a BlackBerry issue I should get an ANDROID app and mickey mouse it? Again, it's not a fix but a workaround which I have no interest in. I expected the updated OS to have the same volume level as the old OS. Guess that was too much to ask.
    Then wait for BB to sort out the problem for you, for now avoid all workarounds.
    02-24-15 02:31 PM
    Thanks for the definitely needed help!!!The program worked great! As for RIM.....get it together over there!!! I wonder if their program geeks even use Blackberry's?!
    02-24-15 03:41 PM
    Unlikely
    02-24-15 08:49 PM
    Low notifications volume is only in Q10 (that my experience). It is really frustrating casue music plays great. Try SIC multiwipe, upload 10.3.1.1450, next update os via OTA. Don't restore backup file. Configure everything from the begining. It's not fix problem, but the notifications are a little bit louder.
    02-25-15 02:20 AM
    Excellent work around but it lets Blackberry off the hook. Why should I go through all thast trouble.
    Honestly, the time to switch to Android has never come closer. I am fed up with Blackberry's refusal to address the
    screw up they have made insofar as the Q10 is concerned. Low volume, wrongly sized screens and screen sensitivity issues all combine to ruin the phone.
    lift likes this.
    02-25-15 03:33 AM
    rthonpm is most certainly wrong. There is NO WAY the volume can be raised, I have tweaked and re tweaked all the profiles. Blackberry is playing the same old ostrich act which almost sunk the company 10 years ago.
    lift likes this.
    02-25-15 03:35 AM
    This does not work at all, as several posts on the subject will testify. I have experimented with various alerts in Blackberry and eventually found that the alert BBPro4 is loud enough to be heard as a ring tone. The standard old phone ring tone also works, I suppose its a matter of personal preference. When I say "works" I mean you can hear it within a 15 foot radius, in a normal work environment. It does not change the fact that Blackberry has messed up the sound on the Q10, BIG TIME, along with other issues like screen size and screen sensitivity. They are ignoring all the complaints. Blackberry is going to loose another big tranche of customers for sure.
    02-25-15 03:43 AM
    This does not work at all, as several posts on the subject will testify. I have experimented with various alerts in Blackberry and eventually found that the alert BBPro4 is loud enough to be heard as a ring tone. The standard old phone ring tone also works, I suppose its a matter of personal preference. When I say "works" I mean you can hear it within a 15 foot radius, in a normal work environment. It does not change the fact that Blackberry has messed up the sound on the Q10, BIG TIME, along with other issues like screen size and screen sensitivity. They are ignoring all the complaints. Blackberry is going to loose another big tranche of customers for sure.
    Screen sensitivity is a real problem on the Q10. I don't want to look like a mom, typing on my phone with one finger. If I bought the Q10, it's because of its form-factor and one-handed use.
    02-25-15 04:21 AM
152 ... 23456 ...