Download WinRAR and quit complaining lol.
    7-Zip is free, WinRAR is not. At least I don't think it is.
    02-23-15 06:47 AM
    This is the kind of hyperbole that makes it impossible to take bugs reported here seriously. Some people have said that they'd rather lose cell service, like with iOS 8.0.1 on iPhone 6/6+, than have low volume notification/alarms. Yeah, well, if your primary use of your phone is an alarm clock, then I'd agree, but then why don't you just get a clock instead of a phone?
    I have a hard time waking up, I use two BlackBerry phones and an alarm clock.

I need the loud alarm that was on 10.2.1
    02-23-15 06:50 AM
    I figured it was a punishment for people running leaks. I am very surprised it's still an issue with the release version.

One of the reasons I can't use a leak on my primary Z30 is that I need loud notifications and ringtones.
    Yeah I kinda snicker when someone says they'll only install an official OS.... like the leaks are some how so inferior. Granted BB10.3 eight months ago was pretty bad, but what most of us have been using for the last four months... isn't all that different from the official release.

Really have to wonder if Verizon or ATT will release updates with so many issues, and it being clear a maintenance release is needed.... don't think they can afford the tech support cost as here in the US the Carrier is still who users go to when they have issue with an update.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-23-15 08:44 AM
    Thanks for the workaround and I appreciate your efforts. With that being said, this is insane. To have to do this is ridiculous. Sorry, it had to be said.
    This IS ridiculous, I shouldn't have to do this. and I don't really want to to be honest. I just want them to fix it, I'm not about possibly blowing up my speakers. I just want it how it was in 10.2.1 it was perfect. :'(

I do appreciate the efforts of all. but I need BlackBerry's effort right now and I hope they understand the severity of this issue. it's a level 10 catastrophe

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    RDZONE99, trinichindian and lift like this.
    02-23-15 09:06 AM
    I think you guys are making this overly complicated. All I did was went to Notifications>profiles: Normal>Customize App Notifications>Phone and turned up the volume. Solved the issue.

I really don't think it's necessary to have to download an app or computer program for something so simple.

Posted via CB10
    KorChi_JapThai and rthonpm like this.
    02-23-15 09:07 AM
    No ringtone problem here. Works fine. Loving it.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:08 AM
    I think you guys are making this overly complicated. All I did was went to Notifications>profiles: Normal>Customize App Notifications>Phone and turned up the volume. Solved the issue.

I really don't think it's necessary to have to download an app or computer program for something so simple.

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree: people seem to be missing out on the point of BlackBerry introducing more customisable profiles in 10.3.1 including notification volume.

A little patience and checking the Settings menu would have stopped a lot of needless griping.
    02-23-15 10:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    The volume is STILL low on the Q10. I saw you write the same comment in another thread. It is NOT a fix. I wish people would understand that it affects the Q10 the most. So people with other phones that don't have the issue need to just sit this out and stop accusing people of being stupid.
    02-23-15 10:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    your not understanding what is happening because your phone is not experiencing the issue. it's mostly happening to Q10's and Z10\Z30's and even if you do as you said. it actually does not to fix the problem. like I said I'm not trying to blow my speaker. but when 50% volume level use to be 50% it is now only play at 10% volume when set to 50% so yeah this is a huge problem and no work around or fumbling with settings is going to fix it BlackBerry needs to fix it. it's plain and simple. the boys at crackberry just need to use their sources to push this problem so that it gets fixed immediately. how can my device be a work horse when I can't hear it half the time.

Magnetox and Q10Bold like this.
    02-23-15 10:44 AM
    The volume is STILL low on the Q10. I saw you write the same comment in another thread. It is NOT a fix. I wish people would understand that it affects the Q10 the most. So people with other phones that don't have the issue need to just sit this out and stop accusing people of being stupid.
    Agreed. None of these so call "fixes" help for Q10 users. I guess people think they're helping with suggestions like "turn up the volume", "try a hard reset" but they're not.
    02-23-15 10:46 AM
    your not understanding what is happening because your phone is not experiencing the issue. it's mostly happening to Q10's and Z10\Z30's and even if you do as you said. it actually does not to fix the problem. like I said I'm not trying to blow my speaker. but when 50% volume level use to be 50% it is now only play at 10% volume when set to 50% so yeah this is a huge problem and no work around or fumbling with settings is going to fix it BlackBerry needs to fix it. it's plain and simple. the boys at crackberry just need to use their sources to push this problem so that it gets fixed immediately. how can my device be a work horse when I can't hear it half the time.
    Is it mostly Q10's, Z10's and Z30's? I've seen reports of Classics and Passports too. And it's confusing as to whether it affects everyone or just some people, as some people have no issues. For the people it affected, can you report device, upgrade from official/leak to which official 10.3.1.x? Method of upgrade, OTA, Link, clean wipe?
    02-23-15 11:31 AM

It might help if you listed which device you have, whether you were affected originally, and how you upgraded. At least that would show there's a fix for a particular set of criteria.
    02-23-15 11:34 AM
    I figured it was a punishment for people running leaks. I am very surprised it's still an issue with the release version.

One of the reasons I can't use a leak on my primary Z30 is that I need loud notifications and ringtones.
    I have Q10 never run leak on it and bug is there ?!
    02-23-15 11:45 AM
    Upgraded my q10 yesterday as new version released by provider 10.3.1.1565. Master volume is pathetically low even at full volume. I work outside and can barely hear the phone. As my daily alarm let me down this morning as I could hardly hear it go off. Also hate the iPhone style camera function. Prefer just touching the screen to click.
    lift likes this.
    02-23-15 12:53 PM
    My workaround for the low volume issue is to edit the notification profile and enable "override profile volume" for the specific app and then turn it up. My notifications are now like they were before.
    02-23-15 01:37 PM
    I solved the problem by driving to my service provider and paying a $375 early cancellation fee and grabbed the iPhone. I am NOT happy settling with a non-button key pad. I love blackberry phones but everytime they pump an update, a basic function is affected. I don't trust BB anymore, sorry.
    Hate to tell you that the iPhone isn't a perfect phone either. I still occasionally have issues with the iOS8 update on my iPad. Anyway hope you have found happiness and there isn't any need to stress about BlackBerry's snafu any more.
    02-23-15 01:49 PM
    This IS ridiculous, I shouldn't have to do this. and I don't really want to to be honest. I just want them to fix it, I'm not about possibly blowing up my speakers. I just want it how it was in 10.2.1 it was perfect. :'(

I do appreciate the efforts of all. but I need BlackBerry's effort right now and I hope they understand the severity of this issue. it's a level 10 catastrophe

For users, I think level 10 catastrophe would be it killed you phone - with a level 9 would be it wiped all you data without you doing a backup.

With just Notifications are too low or some of the other issues, pretty simple fix to go back to 10.2.1 for a while... so a nuisance at worse.

Now for BlackBerry... this might be a bigger problem with their Carrier and Corporate customer relations.
    02-23-15 02:15 PM
    Same here, I did not have that problem because I used a downloaded ring last year.
    02-23-15 02:24 PM
    My workaround for the low volume issue is to edit the notification profile and enable "override profile volume" for the specific app and then turn it up. My notifications are now like they were before.
    Which device, upgrade method (OTA, Link, clean wipe), 10.3.1.x version are you using? Maybe people with the same device, etc. can do as you're doing for a temporary fix.
    02-23-15 02:46 PM
    I call BS. Is this on a Q10? I have a Q10 and did this and it is still not as loud as 10.2.1.3442. On the older OS I had the level set to about 80% and it was LOUD. Now on the new OS, even with all these ingenious "fixes" the level at 100% is still not as loud as before at 80%. So, NO.
    Q10Bold and pamela1000cc like this.
    02-23-15 02:56 PM
    I call BS. Is this on a Q10? I have a Q10 and did this and it is still not as loud as 10.2.1.3442. On the older OS I had the level set to about 80% and it was LOUD. Now on the new OS, even with all these ingenious "fixes" the level at 100% is still not as loud as before at 80%. So, NO.
    Agreed, I have this on my Passport, no leaks ever installed, happened after update. All settings have been checked and all at max with override switched to on. Low volume for text/email, while calls and BBM seem ok.

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    lift likes this.
    02-23-15 03:02 PM
    Notifications bad enough on the passport only bring 4 seconds long, now you can hardly hear them, videos flicker, no flash, phones gettin launched as soon ad the htc m9 comes out, never mind blackberry you were doing well...
    02-23-15 03:02 PM
    hi, also got this volume issue.
    i use RINGTONE MAKER a free app on android market to set my ringtone volume higher.
    very easy to use and no computer needed.
    02-23-15 03:19 PM
    hi, also got this volume issue.
    i use RINGTONE MAKER a free app on android market to set my ringtone volume higher.
    very easy to use and no computer needed.
    So to fix a BlackBerry issue I should get an ANDROID app and mickey mouse it? Again, it's not a fix but a workaround which I have no interest in. I expected the updated OS to have the same volume level as the old OS. Guess that was too much to ask.
    anon(9155131) and Q10Bold like this.
    02-23-15 03:25 PM
    I found this,if you push the volume all the way to the end ,it fuc+s up Thus you just have to slide the bar before the end and lock it there,kinda of stupid
    02-23-15 03:33 PM
152 12345 ...