Word ! Those workaroud are ok , just its BB thing to do ! And its not only bug id this flawless 10.3.1
    Knowing BB it will take 2-6 month to fix those issues , until then it sucks !
    The shame here is that this was a known bug in the leaks for over 6 months. Forum members were like "oh, 10.3.0.xxxx isn't meant for the first generation hardware, that's why volume is lower" and similar. It seems like BlackBerry team doesn't even peak at this forum contrary to what I thought. Another shame since that is a "free" beta testing and feedback for them.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    02-22-15 07:56 AM
    The shame here is that this was a known bug in the leaks for over 6 months. Forum members were like "oh, 10.3.0.xxxx isn't meant for the first generation hardware, that's why volume is lower" and similar. It seems like BlackBerry team doesn't even peak at this forum contrary to what I thought. Another shame since that is a "free" beta testing and feedback for them.

Posted via CB10
    Low volume only appeared for a few users on 10.3.1 at first.
    02-22-15 08:06 AM
    There were several complaints from Classic users when they first received their device brand new. If the classic was designed with 10.3 and users have had issues since day 1 I'm not confident it will ever be fixed.
    02-22-15 09:03 AM
    I am not defending BlackBerry - but in the time it takes people with the problem to read all the "low volume in notifications" threads, and then post their own complaints - they could download the Audacity program and solve the problem.

I did this on my Z10 and my wife's Classic - she actually has now REDUCED the volume on some tones because they were too loud!

Seriously - at least it is a bug you have some control over.

Z10 - 10.3.1.2267 w/2278 radio - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    wincyUt likes this.
    02-22-15 11:59 AM
    Luckily I keep my phone on silent or vibrate all day everyday! Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:07 PM
    Bla1ze thanks for this but for whatever reason my Passport will never work with mega. I get a truncated mega icon on the top and a blank screen. Any ideas anyone please?

Posted using my FAB Passport. Loving it!
    Yes I've got the same thing happening.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:20 PM
    Bla1ze thanks for this but for whatever reason my Passport will never work with mega. I get a truncated mega icon on the top and a blank screen. Any ideas anyone please?

Posted using my FAB Passport. Loving it!
    Install the Mega app.
    02-22-15 12:41 PM
    Yes I've got the same thing happening.

Posted via CB10
    http://bla1ze.com/sounds.rar

^^ Non Mega link.
    02-22-15 12:43 PM
    There were several complaints from Classic users when they first received their device brand new. If the classic was designed with 10.3 and users have had issues since day 1 I'm not confident it will ever be fixed.
    This is really not good enough at all. A sign BlackBerry is no longer taking their handset business seriously?

Looks like I'm gonna have to go back to 10.2.1 at least that worked. I was a happy camper 'til this last update.

Good luck everyone with similar problems, hope they get resolved soon
    02-22-15 12:51 PM
    Low volume only appeared for a few users on 10.3.1 at first.
    Not true. Low volume complains have been around since 10.3.0.xxxx. And way more than a few.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    02-22-15 01:29 PM
    Why RAR bla1ze, why RAR.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 01:30 PM
    Why RAR bla1ze, why RAR.

Posted via CB10
    Download WinRAR and quit complaining lol.
    anon(4067838) and homer1475 like this.
    02-22-15 01:49 PM
    I've used Audacity in the past and for anyone who hasn't used it its a pretty easy program to use. With that being said this is beyond horrific that Blackberry let this slide and released the software this way. I can only imagine the pouncing that would be done in here if Apple or Google released an OS with this happening. There would be 20 threads right now with people laughing at iOS or Android users and how they have to download program to their computer, increase the volume, and then load the tones back to their phone just to have a hearable alert tone. The sad thing is knowing BB it will be a while before this is fixed.
    02-22-15 02:39 PM
    So sorry 3 things don't work properly after update my Q10 to OS 1. 3. 1
    audio brought me back to the 60 ties, terrible sound, so sorry
    Internet delay
    Old vids (taken with my phone) shows no image only sound

Any body knows what to do

Het is mij weer, Q10
    02-22-15 02:56 PM
    This is really insane that people have to do this though. BlackBerry needs to acknowledge this as an issue and investigate. Would like to see this issue on the blackberry Knowledgebase site soon.

I'm glad to see that Jaydee turned you on.....

To it.. :-)

Zwiped from my Zed, Awaiting 10.3.1...
    02-22-15 03:03 PM
    Sure, anyone can up the gain on sound files with all sorts of software available online. But the question we should be asking is, how did blackberry allow such a fundamentally important aspect of their software (or any device claiming to be a phone) slip through the net after numerous previous versions with the same problem which could have easily been rectified after all this time, make it into an OFFICIAL os update?!

This really is a massive embarrassment.

Its like manufacturing a car and forgetting to give it wheels.... a phone needs to be heard properly!

Z30 / Q5 / Q10 / 10.3.1.1154
    lift and Magnetox like this.
    02-22-15 11:29 PM
    To help folks out with this... here's the whole 'Sounds' folder. Has all the notifications and ringtones, including ones from the BlackBerry Classic which includes the uhhh... classic (BBOS) ringtones - https://mega.co.nz/#!u5glAb5R!KZBE3D...YqrO_tkHGljURQ
    Thanks Bla1ze, now that I have downloaded these tones, where do I save them on my phone? I.E, where are the installed tones located? I want to add most of these without them showing up in the music app, and preferably keep all in one place.
    Thanks in advance!

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    02-23-15 12:29 AM
    Its like manufacturing a car and forgetting to give it wheels.... a phone needs to be heard properly!
    This is the kind of hyperbole that makes it impossible to take bugs reported here seriously. Some people have said that they'd rather lose cell service, like with iOS 8.0.1 on iPhone 6/6+, than have low volume notification/alarms. Yeah, well, if your primary use of your phone is an alarm clock, then I'd agree, but then why don't you just get a clock instead of a phone?
    02-23-15 12:40 AM
    This is the kind of hyperbole that makes it impossible to take bugs reported here seriously. Some people have said that they'd rather lose cell service, like with iOS 8.0.1 on iPhone 6/6+, than have low volume notification/alarms. Yeah, well, if your primary use of your phone is an alarm clock, then I'd agree, but then why don't you just get a clock instead of a phone?
    That's a good point, if most people used their device as an alarm, but we know that's obviously not the case. Most people's primary use is for messages and calls, and for that, they need good notification/ringtone volume. It doesn't matter which way people convey the bug, it should be taken seriously regardless, as should any other fundamental bug, surely?

Z30 / Q5 / Q10 / 10.3.1.1154
    02-23-15 01:00 AM
    02-23-15 03:24 AM
    That's a good point, if most people used their device as an alarm, but we know that's obviously not the case. Most people's primary use is for messages and calls, and for that, they need good notification/ringtone volume. It doesn't matter which way people convey the bug, it should be taken seriously regardless, as should any other fundamental bug, surely?
    If there are temporary work-arounds, like having vibrate on or selecting louder audio files, then it's not as severe as no cell service, for example. Developers still have to prioritize the fix in their list of bugs. What I don't understand is why the bug hasn't appeared in reviews of the Classic, especially from reviewers who don't care for BlackBerry. As for Classic users, is it widespread? For other devices, is it widespread? Do we know which devices it affects and how the update was installed?
    02-23-15 04:08 AM
    I solved the problem by driving to my service provider and paying a $375 early cancellation fee and grabbed the iPhone. I am NOT happy settling with a non-button key pad. I love blackberry phones but everytime they pump an update, a basic function is affected. I don't trust BB anymore, sorry.
    02-23-15 04:26 AM
    Has anybody tried the "override system volume "? Works percent fine for me.

SETTINGS, NOTIFICATIONS, SELECT THE PROFILE, CUSTOMIZE APP NOTIFICATIONS, OVERRIDE SYSTEM VOLUME -ON AND ADJUST.
    02-23-15 05:31 AM
    Has anybody tried the "override system volume "? Works percent fine for me.

SETTINGS, NOTIFICATIONS, SELECT THE PROFILE, CUSTOMIZE APP NOTIFICATIONS, OVERRIDE SYSTEM VOLUME -ON AND ADJUST.
    Thanks, but yeah tried that too.

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    02-23-15 05:34 AM
    I figured it was a punishment for people running leaks. I am very surprised it's still an issue with the release version.

One of the reasons I can't use a leak on my primary Z30 is that I need loud notifications and ringtones.
    lift likes this.
    02-23-15 06:45 AM
152 1234 ...