MODS: PLEASE DON'T SLAM ME FOR POSTING THIS ON MULTIPLE THREADS - IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT ALL SHOULD SEE

With all the leaked and official versions of 10.3.X - there has been the problem of low volume on notifications. There is a workaround:

Credit for this goes to jaydee5799 - she turned me on to it!

1) Download a FREE program called Audacity to your PC.
    2) Copy the sound file(s) you want to use on your device from your device onto your PC - then, import it (them) into Audacity.
    3) You can then manipulate the file to make the maximum volume higher.
    4) Save the modified file under a different file name (like, add MODIFIED into the file name, etc.) on your PC
    5) Copy the modified file from your PC into your device, in whatever location the original sound file was located (or in whatever location any third party ringtones you are using and modifying are located).

You can now select the modified file on your device for notifications, just as you selected the original sound file.

If the modified file is too loud (distorts when playing on your device) - simply delete it from your device, start over in Audacity with the original file, and modify it differently.

Once I had installed Audacity and figured out how to use it - took me about 10 minutes to modify 7 different notification files.
    02-21-15 09:13 PM
    Thanks for the workaround and I appreciate your efforts. With that being said, this is insane. To have to do this is ridiculous. Sorry, it had to be said.
    Ducca683, lift, Q10Bold and 35 others like this.
    02-21-15 09:19 PM
    Thanks for the workaround and I appreciate your efforts. With that being said, this is insane. To have to do this is ridiculous. Sorry, it had to be said.
    I agree - but at least it solves the problem for people.

Z10 - 10.3.1.2267 w/2278 radio - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    02-21-15 09:22 PM
    To help folks out with this... here's the whole 'Sounds' folder. Has all the notifications and ringtones, including ones from the BlackBerry Classic which includes the uhhh... classic (BBOS) ringtones - https://mega.co.nz/#!u5glAb5R!KZBE3D...YqrO_tkHGljURQ
    02-21-15 09:45 PM
    I used my own notifications, they were all created loud.

But still, a workaround is a workaround. It is not called a workaround for nothing.
    02-21-15 10:16 PM
    So now im working for RIM ?
    They fooked , they must fix it ! Not me with some software !

If this workaround is ok with you its not with me !
    For me its like they givingup !

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold, lift, WanShark69 and 1 others like this.
    02-22-15 01:50 AM
    To help folks out with this... here's the whole 'Sounds' folder. Has all the notifications and ringtones, including ones from the BlackBerry Classic which includes the uhhh... classic (BBOS) ringtones - https://mega.co.nz/#!u5glAb5R!KZBE3D...YqrO_tkHGljURQ
    And sheise browser cut hsalf of screen on mega ! Haha sheise phone is Q10 now ! I giveup im back to my nexus 5 until 10.3.2 m

BB is SHEISE !

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 01:58 AM
    So now im working for RIM ?
    They fooked , they must fix it ! Not me with some software !

If this workaround is ok with you its not with me !
    For me its like they givingup !

Posted via CB10
    I really won't know if RIM will release a fix for this in future. But until then, a workaround is better than nothing.
    02-22-15 02:01 AM
    Bump for user having volume issue hope they see this thread

Good job OP!
    02-22-15 02:02 AM
    MODS: PLEASE DON'T SLAM ME FOR POSTING THIS ON MULTIPLE THREADS - IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT ALL SHOULD SEE

With all the leaked and official versions of 10.3.X - there has been the problem of low volume on notifications. There is a workaround:

Credit for this goes to jaydee5799 - she turned me on to it!

1) Download a FREE program called Audacity to your PC.
    2) Copy the sound file(s) you want to use on your device from your device onto your PC - then, import it (them) into Audacity.
    3) You can then manipulate the file to make the maximum volume higher.
    4) Save the modified file under a different file name (like, add MODIFIED into the file name, etc.) on your PC
    5) Copy the modified file from your PC into your device, in whatever location the original sound file was located (or in whatever location any third party ringtones you are using and modifying are located).

You can now select the modified file on your device for notifications, just as you selected the original sound file.

If the modified file is too loud (distorts when playing on your device) - simply delete it from your device, start over in Audacity with the original file, and modify it differently.

Once I had installed Audacity and figured out how to use it - took me about 10 minutes to modify 7 different notification files.
    Write this to RIM devs ! Haha

BB is sheise !

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 02:03 AM
    Bla1ze thanks for this but for whatever reason my Passport will never work with mega. I get a truncated mega icon on the top and a blank screen. Any ideas anyone please?

Posted using my FAB Passport. Loving it!
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-22-15 02:04 AM
    RIM is dead

BBRY
    Warios likes this.
    02-22-15 02:04 AM
    Bla1ze thanks for this but for whatever reason my Passport will never work with mega. I get a truncated mega icon on the top and a blank screen. Any ideas anyone please?

You must download mega app in BlackBerry world and then download from mega app
    uktivo and Flatman like this.
    02-22-15 02:05 AM
    My workaround:

1) Eject sim
    2) insert sim into another phone
    02-22-15 02:07 AM
    I want a working phone!!
    Volume issues are present since the first 10.3 leaks....just tell me- how couldnt BB see this? If its an official OS BB should work harder.

Posted via Q10Bold
    fkornre, bbnrs, lift and 1 others like this.
    02-22-15 02:07 AM
    Any testing videos between the two OS would be nice.
    02-22-15 02:13 AM
    My workaround:

1) Eject sim
    2) insert sim into another phone
    My too! NEXUS5 5.0 is perfect compared to Q10 in this condition !
    02-22-15 02:18 AM
    RIM is dead

BBRY
    True ! This Q10 will be last ! Im not happy with it but its true !
    02-22-15 02:20 AM
    another solution from usman_hidayat19
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...r-chen-998710/
    Hi fistmaster I would do security wipe or reload OS, because when I'm on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243 my volume are loud but I do install by autoloader
    Do a back up then perform security wipe hope it fix the issue

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    02-22-15 02:20 AM
    You must download mega app in BlackBerry world and then download from mega app
    Did all that but the Mega app will not allow activation. What a pile of junk. Sorry deleted. Will do it the longer way.

Thanks for the info though

02-22-15 02:53 AM
    I agree - but at least it solves the problem for people.

Z10 - 10.3.1.2267 w/2278 radio - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    Solving the problem would be Blackberry fixing this broken OS.

Z30 / Q5 / Q10 / 10.3.1.1154
    Warios, fkornre and lift like this.
    02-22-15 03:21 AM
    Solving the problem would be Blackberry fixing this broken OS.

Word ! Those workaroud are ok , just its BB thing to do ! And its not only bug id this flawless 10.3.1
    Knowing BB it will take 2-6 month to fix those issues , until then it sucks !
    02-22-15 03:50 AM
    Word ! Those workaroud are ok , just its BB thing to do ! And its not only bug id this flawless 10.3.1
    Knowing BB it will take 2-6 month to fix those issues , until then it sucks !
    Yep.

Blackberry need to bring out a 'maintenance release' patch and FAST. This is a huge embarrassment.

lift and bbnrs like this.
    02-22-15 03:53 AM
    Hope they fix the low ringtone problem

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Q10
    02-22-15 07:00 AM
    Exactly!

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    02-22-15 07:28 AM
152 123 ...