Hello everyone,

I have a z10 on Bell in Canada and upgraded to the official 10.3.1. OS when it became available last night. As has been reported on the forums, I experienced the bug issue where my Facebook account no longer appeared in the Hub and I stopped receiving notifications. I updated Facebook through Blackberry World and then restarted my phone and still no luck. So I followed the advice on the numerous bug report threads here and Logged Out of my Facebook App and then logged back in. Sure enough, this fix restored my Facebook account to the Hub and I started to receive notifications again.

A word of warning though.... when you log out of your Facebook App, Blackberry gives you a warning that says that your contacts etc... will be lost. 'No problem', I thought, 'as I'm just going to log back in and my contacts will be restored'. Well yes, sort of. You see the thing I forgot to consider was that my first point of contact with many of my friends was through Facebook. What that meant was that I would add them to Facebook and at some point down the road, we would exchange phone numbers. To add these phone numbers into my phone, I would find my friend in the Blackberry Contact List thanks to their Facebook profile. I would then add their phone number to their Facebook contact listing and move on. Well by logging out of my Facebook App to troubleshoot the 10.3.1 bug error, all of those phone numbers were deleted. Logging back in, re-added all of my Facebook contacts to my contact list but not the phone numbers that were attached to their profiles. I guess this information was not stored anywhere other than the Contact List. Now my text and call history is full of numbers with no names attaches (if I'm lucky) or the phone numbers are just lost

Perhaps this is an obvious result for those more tech-savvy than I (or those who have better reading comprehension of the warning that Blackberry includes about logging out of your Facebook App) but I wanted to make people aware of the issue. If you experience the same bug I did when updating to 10.3.1 and you have attached phone numbers to a large number of your Facebook Contacts instead of linking a Facebook contact to an existing phone contact, I would highly recommend you do not log out of your Facebook account on your phone to troubleshoot the problem. Instead I would recommend waiting a few days and keeping your fingers crossed that BlackBerry releases some sort of bug fix ASAP.

...Other than that, I'm loving 10.3.1. It's like having a new phone!!
    02-21-15 03:32 PM
    Yes I have this problem as I do the same thing (add numbers to their facebook account in contacts app). So everytime, I'd lose half of my contacts which is so annoying. So now, I just stopped using the facebook app altogether (too many problems) and just use the browser instead
    02-21-15 03:43 PM
    Many thanks. I have the same problem... and now realise that I have, in the past, lost contact nos. for the reason you explained. So I am now waiting for the Blackberry fix. Therefore, on my birthday, today, it was quite a surprise to open Facebook and discover circa 50 birthday greetings!
    03-04-15 03:54 PM
    Wouldn't doing a backup of the device and restoring contacts keep the info intact?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 05:53 PM
    This is exactly why I now add new contacts separately. It'll ask me if I want to combine but I don't.

I had a lot of contacts lost because I combined the contact.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:22 PM