With all the talk of Priv and android phones I was thinking of what all I would miss if I ever had to switch phones. Word Substitution would be high on my list. I am not a fan of using text inputs like ttl or so many others. If I find I use those terms I then setup WS so I can still use the shortcut but it will type the real words. Also many other lines I use frequently I can setup to speed up my typing experience. I find I get much more professional (if right word) looking texts or msgs.
    I don't think it gets enough praise from BlackBerry users unless they don't actually use it. Maybe it's just me being lazy but I love it. One down side is I tend to try use these on my computer and have to do a lot of backspacing. BlackBerry 10 is really a good os and I'm so sad the masses may never get to see it. I don't use apps much but have seen some pretty cool ones that I'm a bit sad there will never be that for us.

Anyway I just wanted to bring this topic up somewhere with others who might know of this awesome feature.

Reg Q10SQN100-1/10.3.2 beta
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-17-15 01:21 AM
    Is it not something that got carried over to the Priv? I entirely agree and use these 'shortcuts' all the time. I think that they are the main reason why I can feel like I am actually quicker on my BlackBerry than on my computer. I love the fact that you can shortcut phrases or company names, phone numbers, addresses... the uses are really endless.

For anyone who doesn't take full advantage of them, I agree completely. Word substitution is an awesome feature and saves lots of time.

Can anyone she'd some light on whether or not this feature came to the Priv or not?
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-17-15 01:40 AM