So I use word substitutions like this:
    r->are
    u->you
    And it works but when the sentence starts with either of those all letters get capitalized - "ARE". Then I went back to the settings and check marked "always use this capitalization" like this:
    r->are [setting checked]
    and of course "are" is displayed all the time no matter what the first letter is (big or small). So my next thought was: "cool, I just need to add another entry for the begging of the sentence like this:
    R->Are [setting checked]
    But that overtook the first entry and every time I get "Are" no matter what the first letter is (big or small).

So is this a bug with this OS release (.2141) or am I missing something?
    Last and worst option , am I smarter than BlackBerry development team [sarcasm] e.g. did they miss that important detail?

//Some forum moderators at some forums are like communist
    thanasi likes this.
    03-06-14 06:48 AM
    Take out the check mark in 'always use the capitalization' and use two characters to help with context.
    03-06-14 07:59 AM
    I sometimes have the same issue. In fact unchecking "Always use this capitalization" doesn't always resolve the issue for me. It works and then sometimes it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 08:16 AM
    It is a bug. I have found it for a long time.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 08:21 AM
    03-06-14 08:22 AM
    It does not follow sentence capitalization rules. Example: hh -> heading home. When I type hh at the start of a new sentence, it expands to Heading Home.
    03-25-14 06:41 PM
    An annoying bug thats been there since the first release of BB10.

Ive tried almost every combination of checking and unchecking and capitalizing and uncapitalizing, to no avail. Its a bug in the programming that needs to be addressed.

I just ended up removing those subs, otherwise id have to stop starting my sentences with You or Are. Both irritating.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 07:32 PM