Seriously RIM need to look into carrying it over.
    It is one of those great signature BlackBerry features like the LED which are so darn convenient. It is not a deal breaker but it could be handy.
    The PB screen ends up with fingerprints because even scrolling means you have to swipe all day.
    06-21-12 12:02 PM
    A small bezel is fine, even a LED squeezed in at the top is cool, but all the space on the bottom unattractive and in my opinion, useless.
    06-21-12 04:36 PM
    If the first BB10 device is all touch, I don't think there will be any room for the trackpad, figuratively and literally. However, if they release a physical qwerty version, maybe a trackpad can be placed above the keyboard, just as with current BBs.
    06-22-12 09:52 AM
    If the first BB10 device is all touch, I don't think there will be any room for the trackpad, figuratively and literally. However, if they release a physical qwerty version, maybe a trackpad can be placed above the keyboard, just as with current BBs.
    I think your right about the first BB10 device. I don't mind a trackpad on the Bold, but i can't stand it on the Torch.
    06-22-12 12:06 PM
    I use the pad on my torch a lot.
    06-22-12 12:10 PM
    I use the pad on my torch a lot.
    So do I, but only when I have the slider open. During the rare times when it is closed, I tend to avoid using it.
    06-25-12 10:39 AM
    I wont miss the trackpad one bit. The bold version needs a bigger screen so just get rid of the buttons and trackpad.
    06-28-12 01:49 PM
    Without the trackpad, how do you select things without clicking them?
    06-28-12 02:29 PM
    Without the trackpad, how do you select things without clicking them?
    As someone mentioned above, the easiest way is to hold down your finger on a word for a second. After a second or so, a context menu pops up plus the word is highlighted. Each end of the word has a "cursor" which you can easily drag out further to expand the highlight.

Also, you can simultaneously tap with 2 fingers to highlight everything in between. (Multi-touch FTW!)
    I find the 2-finger method hard to execute usually, so I rarely try it anymore.

BTW, with a trackpad, you can also click either SHIFT key to start highlighting from the current cursor position.
    06-30-12 11:59 PM
    Each end of the word has a "cursor" which you can easily drag out further to expand the highlight.
    Those cursors are a nightmare to position and use on the PlayBook. I hate them with a passion.

For example, replying to a post here and editing out part of the quote is royal pain in the A55. The keyobard gets in the way, the cursors don't always display properly, etc...

I'd hate having those as the only way to select text on the phone.
    07-01-12 12:04 AM
    I agree for the most part.

Would be great if you highlighted text and virtual buttons with left & right arrows (and maybe up & down) appeared. Same for just placing a cursor.

Add something like that and I can live with it, I bet.
    07-01-12 01:31 PM
    Anyone find it odd that we're trying to come up with various ways to replace the trackpad's functionality? And all these "replacements" seem to either be inferior in function and ease of use and take up screen space.

Seems to me that keeping the trackpad is the best solution
    07-01-12 02:52 PM
    after using a torch for almost 2 yrs i can live without the trackpad but i can not live without the keyboard
    07-08-12 03:40 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD