when i put a meter on the Battery it says that it has 3.1 Vdc Does this mean that it is charged up?
    05-07-14 02:50 PM
    when i put a meter on the Battery it says that it has 3.1 Vdc Does this mean that it is charged up?
    Minimum battery level for a Z10 battery is 3.4v and max is about 4.2v. Your battery is too low to start your phone. Charge it up more, or more likely you will have to stack charge it because it is too low. Plug in the charger for 2 mins, then unplug it again for a couple more minutes, and then replug it in again. You will have to repeat this cycle anywhere between 5 and 20 times for it to get enough juice to turn on the OS on your phone so the battery can charge fully correctly again.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-07-14 03:04 PM
    Hi all,

Fortunately, this thread looks active (and that I didn't sell by z10 after getting the z30... been a life saver as a backup).

I dropped my z30 in water last week for less than five seconds, and it had a silicon case on as well. After waiting a number of days and trying to dry it out, the following happens when I hold the power button down to start it (fyi, my sim card is in the z10).

Red light displays, then blackberry appears on the screen, but after about 5 seconds, it shuts off (sometimes the LED stays lit). Its been plugged into a charger for days, so as long as that's not broken, should have a full charge.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next? Thank you very much! Z10 is nice, but missing my z30.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by b121; 05-11-14 at 08:00 PM.
    05-11-14 07:20 PM
    Put to battery in the phone.

Attach charger.

Go to bed.

Tell us what happens in the morning.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 08:15 PM
    Not too sure what to tell you for this one. Wouldn't be a battery issue since you had it charged. What happens if you try to connect it to your computer is it recognized by Link?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 08:44 PM
    It's not currently recognizing it. I tried via link tonight to reload the software (thinking a wipe was better than nothing), but received a failure message after the hard reboot

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 09:47 PM
    Sorry to hear. I'll give it a couple more days of drying and if still no luck then you might have to get another Z30 off shopblackberry and sell a few things to offset the cost.

You can maybe try one of the autoloader leaks but I wouldn't be too optimistic.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 10:41 PM
    Sorry to hear. I'll give it a couple more days of drying and if still no luck then you might have to get another Z30 off shopblackberry and sell a few things to offset the cost.

You can maybe try one of the autoloader leaks but I wouldn't be too optimistic.

Posted via CB10
    OK, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 05:47 AM
    If it's still wet inside, and you turned it on too soon or you put it in the charger there is the possibility you might have fried something

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    05-12-14 01:39 PM
    I put a fully charged brand new battery in and now i9 just have a black screen no red light ?
    05-13-14 10:22 AM
    when I hold down power button I get 2 red flashes?
    05-13-14 10:29 AM
    I put a fully charged brand new battery in and now i9 just have a black screen no red light ?
    Now try running your autoloader. If your battery is fully charged it should start the autoload procedure.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-13-14 10:33 AM
    it just sits at bootrom prompt
    05-13-14 10:51 AM
    Whilst the Autoloader is still running and your phone is still connected up to your PC. take the battery out of your phone & then put it back in again. If the phone is still OK the Autoloader should detect the phone as it tries to start up again & this should start the Autoload process fully.
    05-13-14 11:01 AM
    well I will start from the start. I have put in a new fully charged battery. pulled the battery a few times nothing happens. I have tried a autoloader and it stays at the Bootrom Prompt even if I pull the battery and put it back. This is a unlocked phone with no sim card. I'm losing all hope in my blackberry
    05-13-14 11:42 AM
    Sounds like an effed up USB port
    05-13-14 12:04 PM
    well I will start from the start. I have put in a new fully charged battery. pulled the battery a few times nothing happens. I have tried a autoloader and it stays at the Bootrom Prompt even if I pull the battery and put it back. This is a unlocked phone with no sim card. I'm losing all hope in my blackberry
    Does BlackBerry Link find the phone if you hook it up to it? If so try doing a reload of the OS from there. If it doesn't see it either your phone's USB port is faulty, or the main PCB/processor is duff. If you have never seen this phone working at all then it sounds like you were sold a dud.

Of course you could also have a faulty USB cable, so if you have another cable try a different one.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-13-14 12:36 PM
    My z30 is alive!!!! I tried a different PC and link was able to wake it (after 7 days). I truly can't explain exactly which of the dozens of things I tried actually did the trick, but super relieved! Thank you to all who helped.

My best guess:

- Plugged Z30 with original cable into new PC
    - disconnected my z10 bluetooth and wifi (so not connected to link)
    - held z30 power button to force a restart
    - allowed connection and did NOT allow PC to upgrade link desktop software (that may have messed me up last time... this time it started, but I hit "close" before it completed)
    - eventually, phone got past the "blackberry" screen to the boot up screen without other action by me

Good luck everyone! Now to swap my sim card and redo enterprise activation (after a backup). booyah!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-13-14 07:41 PM
    Glad to hear you're up and running now

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 08:46 PM
    I've had a similar problem with my Z10 (STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.2102). If the battery drains completely and BB shuts down, it won't charge it at all. I have several OEM chargers and they work with my old BB but Z10 just won't charge a drained battery and it won't start up while plugged in. I get the red LED light, BlackBerry logo appears and then BB turns off again. No LED indicator for charging. If I pull the battery and plug the charger without battery it will turn on the red light, get BlackBerry logo but nothing further - it just keeps turning off and showing BB logo then turning off again...in a loop. I have a replacement battery and it's the same thing. Battery Guru says one batt has 95% health, the other 100% but BB just won't charge them if they're drained. However, if I charge either of them a little in the charging bundle (10-15%) and then put them back into BB - it will start up normally and continue charging the battery on its own. I don't know why it happens (it happened with previous OS version too) but I'm happy I have the charging bundle :-)
    05-29-14 02:35 AM
    I've had a similar problem with my Z10 (STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.2102). If the battery drains completely and BB shuts down, it won't charge it at all. I have several OEM chargers and they work with my old BB but Z10 just won't charge a drained battery and it won't start up while plugged in. I get the red LED light, BlackBerry logo appears and then BB turns off again. No LED indicator for charging. If I pull the battery and plug the charger without battery it will turn on the red light, get BlackBerry logo but nothing further - it just keeps turning off and showing BB logo then turning off again...in a loop. I have a replacement battery and it's the same thing. Battery Guru says one batt has 95% health, the other 100% but BB just won't charge them if they're drained. However, if I charge either of them a little in the charging bundle (10-15%) and then put them back into BB - it will start up normally and continue charging the battery on its own. I don't know why it happens (it happened with previous OS version too) but I'm happy I have the charging bundle :-)
    Sounds like that pb issue is still present stack charging may work in this case also.
    05-29-14 06:31 AM
    I have 2 Z10s

I left 1 of my fully working Z10s plugged into my computer for a few days. Then when I went to use the phone. There was nothing.

Just a black screen.

The only thing I can say was wrong with the phone was some of the Android apps didn't work. My other Z10 I bought used from a friend didn't have this problem.

Thinking it was the battery ,I swapped a fully charged battery from my other working Z10 and still nothing.

When I insert a battery , the RED LED comes on then it turns off After 3 seconds. If the battery is in the phone and I plug the phone into a charger/PC the RED LED comes on for 3 seconds. I remove the battery then when I plug the phone into a charger/PC (any of my BB chargers or computers) the RED LED comes on for 1 minute then turns off.

Black screen nothing at all ZERO.

My PCs don't recognize that the phone is plugged in.

I have tried everything nothing works.

Phone out of factory warranty Period.

I had extended warranty with Bell Mobility.

Call them up and say phone is dead. They say, we will transfer you to the insurance company we use. I talk to rep and they say OH Ya for just $250 we can send / swap with you a reconditioned Phone. Call Bell back and canceled the monthly fee insurance plan.

I was running the latest OS that Bell Mobility pushed to me.

OS10.2.1.2941

Model STL-100-3
    06-01-14 09:11 AM
47 12