My number one complaint about the BlackBerry Passport is the lack of app support from BlackBerry World. So I decided to borrow a co-worker's 'unused' Z10 to download my paid apps, perform a backup, then restore to my Passport. During this, I found something I did not expect. When I was finished restoring on my Passport, all the apps moved over, BUT, my apps previously installed on the Passport were still there! Including any sideloaded or Android apps. I was fully expecting all my previous apps to vanish like in the past with Link. But not this time. All there. Mind Blown. This was awesome, because of the 16GB limitation of the Z10, I couldn't backup all the apps I wanted due to size. So I removed apps from the Z10 and loaded different apps. Created a new backup and restored to my Passport again. All apps still present. Nice. The 32GB of the Passport really makes a nice difference.

So my question, is this intentional? The warning message I get with Link still indicates that I will lose my apps already on the device.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-10-15 07:30 AM
    You figure the odds........
    02-10-15 09:30 AM
    They made a lot of changes to Link.

It is still a totally unreliable tool, but it's very cool when it works. Problem is,you never know how long till it breaks (my experience is about 15 days).

But it's really nice and helpful whe it is working now.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 07:29 AM
    If you are talking about Android apps being backed up and restored, I remember that being something added onto Link few months ago.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 10:08 AM