Just bought the activity tracker from Withings and have been trying to pair it with my Z10. The Withings health application is installed on my Z10 and blue tooth is on.

The Z10 do pick up that there is a Withing pulse unit broadcasting, buy when I try to connect to the unit, it quickly tell me that pairing was unsuccessful.

Has anyone been able to connect the Withings activity application to BB10? U am on Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 03:57 PM
    Just bought the activity tracker from Withings and have been trying to pair it with my Z10. The Withings health application is installed on my Z10 and blue tooth is on.

The Z10 do pick up that there is a Withing pulse unit broadcasting, buy when I try to connect to the unit, it quickly tell me that pairing was unsuccessful.

Has anyone been able to connect the Withings activity application to BB10? U am on Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803.

Posted via CB10
    are you doing this via BT?
    01-03-14 04:04 PM
    Yes, via blue tooth

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 04:16 PM
    Anyone?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 08:00 AM
    Hi,
    Any luck with this? Im thinking on buying the Withings Pulse, and already have the app up and running.
    In my case, wife has a n5 i guess i could sync with, but i would rather do it from my z10.
    03-18-14 10:58 AM
    Are you running the Android app in the android runtime environment on your bb10 device? I did not think that Withings had a BB app.

I am also looking at this device but want a good sync via the phone. If it doesn;t work, I think i am better off with a Fitbit. At least you can sync that with your pc with the dongle. My laptop is on every day for many hours so that may be where I go.
    04-06-14 11:13 AM
    Many of these activity trackers use a type of blue tooth called bluetooth 4 low energy in order to boast 1 week battery life. Currently the android runtime built into bb10 does not support BT4LE therefore your pulse will not pair to the android app.

I'm using a fitbit flex. It to uses BT4LE it sucks because I have to wait to have pc access to see my stats.. by then it's after the fact.

The best thing you could do is write the support team and request bb10 native support as bb10 native supports BT4LE or wait for a new android runtime with BT4LE support.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 12:38 AM
    Thanks. Not sure if BlackBerry plan to support the low power bluetooth in the next version. Why would this support not be included from? Complicated to add?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 11:07 AM
    Having the same problem. I heard that the 10.3.1154 OS will support Bluetooth 4.0 LE but latest for Z10 is still 10.2 OS. I wrote to Withings support and they said they have no plan of creating a BB10 native app, that they only have apps for iOS and Android, no surprise there. Sometimes still having a Blackberry makes you feel like a fish out of water you know? Bummed about my Pulse cause I really like it and do not want to return it. Thinking about getting an Android phone even though I've been loyal to Blackberry for more than 5 years now.
    01-14-15 06:15 PM
    If I may, just a quick correction:
    Current 10.2.1 OS supports Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (LE). It's the Android runtime installed with it that doesn't support it (Android 4.2.2 currently).

If you want Bluetooth LE enabled for your Android app, you will have to wait for the 10.3.x release for your phone if not already available (and it will be with Android 4.3).

If the company doesn't want to develop a native app for BB10, it's really not an issue as the next Android runtime update will enable you to use the Android app they built.

Now, As you, I would love a native app. Unfortunately, there is some reverse engineering to do if we want to really take this in our hands... And not an easy one as the communication between these accessories and the phone are encrypted. Today, we are limited by their API, that doesn't include the Sync part.

Hope to see an open source hardware that can do the same things. With all our ideas, the result would be tremendous !!!!!!
    01-14-15 07:43 PM
    I use a Withings Pulse O2 with my BlackBerry Passport. The Passport is running 10.3.1.1154. It works well.

You have to use the Android Withings app, of course. The BT connection has to be made, and the app has to be open for a forced sync to work.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2
    Huy o Nguyen likes this.
    01-14-15 08:14 PM
    The WIthings Health Mate app is available in the Amazon app store, so I assume that means no google play services are required. And since it doesn't do notifications, then you should be able to get full functionality out of it, I believe. I would like to try one of these too.
    03-02-15 07:13 PM
    Thanks Joshu42! Very helpful. I guess i'll wait for the 10.3 upgrade on the Z10 and see what happens.
    03-05-15 02:01 PM
    I have 10.3.2.2836 version on my Z10 but still not able to pair to Withings Activite Pop watch. It give "Paring is Unsuccessful" Anybody has resolution for this
    04-18-16 11:32 AM
    Any update? Any changes?
    06-26-16 03:30 PM
    yohannrjm:

Until now you are the only one who says that Withings app connects to the device. I have a Withings Activite which does not connect... Can you please describe the steps you do and what do you mean by "BT connection to be made" and "forced sync"? Thank you
    11-03-16 08:36 AM
    Just my two cent: Withings bloodpressure monitor works very well with Blackberry Q10 and Passport. Just install the actual Version of the Android app.

Withings Steel HR is not working with OS10 because it needs android Version 6 for notifications. I asked Withings support: there is no support for BlackBerry 10!
    02-17-17 05:54 AM