Check this report :

BlackBerry discusses long-term plans for BB10 operating system, despite recent Android push

I guess blackberry won't give up on her own OS, It will keep fighting till the very last end.

I believe that there is a big surprise for ßlackßerry OS users, blackberry OS merged somehow with android to make the perfect due, perfect OS, bb10 smoothness and gestures and hub with android play store and all the apps working fluently together.

It's not impossible, actually I think it's very possible because we're on 2017!!

From my silver edition  BlackBerry® Passport
    While I very much admire and appreciate your enthusiasm, I do think it must be curbed. I too would like BB10 to be revived, especially now there BB is no longer in the phone business. However, I just can't see it happening.

As such I am content with my stock of Q's and PD'S. When the stock is either depleted, or can no longer function I will look for a replacement to BB. It will be a sad day, but hopefully not for at least two or three, even five years to come.
    06-15-17 09:59 PM
    While I very much admire and appreciate your enthusiasm, I do think it must be curbed. I too would like BB10 to be revived, especially now there BB is no longer in the phone business. However, I just can't see it happening.
    Meh. "Must be curbed..?" Either BlackBerry 10 will live on somehow or (more likely) it won't. Either way, speculation (informed, misinformed, or downright fantasy) does no one any harm -- except for the people who actually get wound up over whether someone else sees things the same way they do.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    06-15-17 10:27 PM
    Meh. "Must be curbed..?" Either BlackBerry 10 will live on somehow or (more likely) it won't. Either way, speculation (informed, misinformed, or downright fantasy) does no one any harm -- except for the people who actually get wound up over whether someone else sees things the same way they do.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    The wailing and gnashing of teeth all over these forums for the last couple of years suggests otherwise.
    06-15-17 11:30 PM
    Either BlackBerry 10 will live on somehow or (more likely) it won't.
    If you haven't noticed we're in that world now.

Don't expect one day to wake up and the BB10 servers are turned off. This is a slow death by starvation where more and more function is lost. It's happening now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jefbeard911; 06-16-17 at 01:07 AM.
    06-16-17 12:25 AM
    BlackBerry would pick an existing, already on the market device using Snapdragon. Get BB10 working on it and sell them direct as they did with the Priv, DTEK50 and DTEK60. No hardware R&D only software tweaks and QA. They would have minimum inventory of the third party manufactured product.
    Again, BlackBerry has left the hardware business. They have shuttered their online store. As they are no longer in the hardware business they no longer have any of the business parts required to have phones built and sold. Also they no longer have relationships with retailers. Why would they want to start selling phones again? Why would it be more successful now than it was several years ago.
    06-16-17 12:58 AM
    Because ßlackßerry phone are the real deal, everything else are just ****.

It's just that simple, ßlackßerry made the revolutionary of full physical keyboard and they have their glorious years but then they went down.

They just need to go to the top again! By making something revolutionary again. I believe they can!

06-16-17 01:09 AM
    It seems to me we have two arguments/discussions running parallel to each other here:

One is COULD BlackBerry revive BB10 using whatever resources and know how they have.

And the other is SHOULD BlackBerry revive BB10...

I don't think these two conversations intersect.

Posted via CB10
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    06-16-17 01:14 AM
    Because ßlackßerry phone are the real deal, everything else are just ****.

It's just that simple, ßlackßerry made the revolutionary of full physical keyboard and they have their glorious years but then they went down.

They just need to go to the top again! By making something revolutionary again. I believe they can!

But since BlackBerry doesn't even have a device business anymore, what do you think the chance of that happening is?
    06-16-17 02:43 AM
    Does Microsoft make all windows OS platforms?

Does apple make all part of its iphone ?

You make a software that is really something interesting and then bring you chips from snapdragon and camera sensors from Sony, and screen from LG and all the other stuff and put it together.

Or simply, give a license to another company (like TCL for example) to make platforms for your OS and get paid for it.

06-16-17 02:57 AM
    Does Microsoft make all windows OS platforms?

Does apple make all part of its iphone ?

You make a software that is really something interesting and then bring you chips from snapdragon and camera sensors from Sony, and screen from LG and all the other stuff and put it together.

Or simply, give a license to another company (like TCL for example) to make platforms for your OS and get paid for it.

BlackBerry already tried that BB10 licensing route years ago. Guess how many were interested?
    06-16-17 03:55 AM
    BlackBerry already tried that BB10 licensing route years ago. Guess how many were interested?
    Really?! What about this?!?

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2017/02/...rtphone-users/

It's official, and they choose India for a good reason!

06-16-17 04:43 AM
    Really?! What about this?!?

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2017/02/...rtphone-users/

It's official, and they choose India for a good reason!

Did you even read the article? It's for BlackBerry Android.

BB10 is dead. Get over it and move on.
    06-16-17 05:12 AM
    Did you even read the article? It's for BlackBerry Android.

BB10 is dead. Get over it and move on.
    LOL, dude, read the article again, the last paragraph!

Or just let me copy it for you

"This partnership will allow us to further extend the BlackBerry software experience in a region which is slated to become a hotbed of mobile growth and innovation. India is not only the fastest-growing smartphone market in the world, it’s already surpassed the U.S. to become the second-largest market (behind only China). With our three hardware licensing partners, BlackBerry devices will now reach every corner of the globe. And they’ll do so, enabled with the most secure, comprehensive device software and security in the world."

06-16-17 05:17 AM

"This partnership will allow us to further extend the BlackBerry software experience in a region which is slated to become a hotbed of mobile growth and innovation. India is not only the fastest-growing smartphone market in the world, it’s already surpassed the U.S. to become the second-largest market (behind only China). With our three hardware licensing partners, BlackBerry devices will now reach every corner of the globe. And they’ll do so, enabled with the most secure, comprehensive device software and security in the world."

Dude... It's a "smartphone licensing deal" to use the BlackBerry name, not the OS.
    Where in the whole article does it even mention BB10? It's categorized under "BlackBerry Android Devices" for a reason.
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 06-16-17 at 06:16 AM.
    BigBadWulf and kbz1960 like this.
    06-16-17 05:54 AM

You could try reading the paragraph before that.

“Our exclusive partnership with BlackBerry, a brand synonymous with secure mobile communications, shows how we are continuing to partner and innovate to bring the latest in handset design and experience, combining the security of BlackBerry and versatility of Android, to our customers in the world’s fastest growing smartphone market,”
    BigBadWulf and kbz1960 like this.
    06-16-17 06:05 AM
    In case OP needs more proof...
    Attached Thumbnails [Wishful thinking] Blackberry OS will be continuing after all.-21366.jpg  
    06-16-17 06:14 AM
    Not to pop your bubbles... bb10 is dead. I work for a company that has over 24 thousand employees, thousand of bb10 in hands right now are all being replaced by IOS starting July! I'm not to please with that. I would have hope they be switching to the KEYone... but yet again it was told by our I.T. experts , IOS was more secure than Android and would meet better standards for the company 😲🤤
    06-16-17 07:09 AM
    The wailing and gnashing of teeth all over these forums for the last couple of years suggests otherwise.
    Hah hah actually, the "wailing and gnashing of teeth" is kinda my _point_.

I mean, really -- does every flawed or ill-considered post or argument need to be metaphorically beaten senseless?

06-16-17 07:44 AM
    If you haven't noticed we're in that world now.

Don't expect one day to wake up and the BB10 servers are turned off. This is a slow death by starvation where more and more function is lost. It's happening now.
    Do tell .

jefbeard911 likes this.
    06-16-17 07:46 AM
    I think Microsoft has more of an ecosystem than Blackberry. They have more money and resources too. Problem is most of their end products end up being kinda lame. Their phones have been disappointing but they still have a better market than BB10, Tizen, or WebOS combined.

The other thing that makes it harder for MS to become a third platform is it is really tempting for them to just through in the towel and Concentrate on Servers, Analytics, Applications, and Development tools. Those are all pretty big and profitable markets for them.

They have already made Office 365 available to iOS and Android, and Visual Studio can now create apps for iOS and Android. Microsofts embracing these two platforms makes it harder for any third phone platform to exist. Or at least any third platform that isn't Microsoft.
    Microsoft has a much better strategy than BlackBerry had, and the infrastructure to support it. They have focused on buying and supporting development tools that help developers code once and publish to multiple platforms, including Android, iOS and Windows Universal.

These tools have now been bundled into Visual Studio, or are available separately. This makes it relatively easy for developers who are interested to publish for Windows with minimal additional time invested, and gain access to the Windows desktop user base, which is far more attractive than the moribund Windows Mobile market.

Windows Mobile is dead, but Microsoft is heavily invested in bringing lightweight, always connected, portable PCs to market that will run the majority of mainstream mobile apps and 20 years' worth of Win32 apps.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-16-17 08:02 AM
    Hah hah actually, the "wailing and gnashing of teeth" is kinda my _point_.

I mean, really -- does every flawed or ill-considered post or argument need to be metaphorically beaten senseless?
    Not going to name names but there are a number of folks here that were/are quite bummed not because someone else disagreed with them but because harsh reality became impossible to ignore.

Partial list of realities
    • BlackBerry does not love me.
    • BlackBerry is not a charity.
    • BBM is not secure.
    • BB10 failed in the market place.
    • BlackBerry moved away from BB10 in favour of Android.
    • BlackBerry is out of the device business.
    06-16-17 08:09 AM
    Not going to name names but there are a number of folks here that were/are quite bummed not because someone else disagreed with them but because harsh reality became impossible to ignore.

Partial list of realities
    • BlackBerry does not love me.
    • BlackBerry is not a charity.
    • BBM is not secure.
    • BB10 failed in the market place.
    • BlackBerry moved away from BB10 in favour of Android.
    • BlackBerry is out of the device business.
    I agree with all of those, but would add:

I don't really care if I'm the only person on earth still using BB10, because it continues to meet all my core requirements for a business mobile device, and is superior to Android and iOS for the functions I care most about. (I own both Android and iOS devices that I use for testing and training, but I leave them in my desk everyday.)

I do feel bad for people who have not been realistic about the market position and future of BB10. But I am not invested emotionally in my vendors or the tools i use to get work done. For me, like for Don Corleone, "It's business, not personal."

And, for me, for now, it's still BB10.

BigBadWulf and DrBoomBotz like this.
    06-16-17 08:43 AM
    I agree with all of those, but would add:

I don't really care if I'm the only person on earth still using BB10, because it continues to meet all my core requirements for a business mobile device, and is superior to Android and iOS for the functions I care most about. (I own both Android and iOS devices that I use for testing and training, but I leave them in my desk everyday.)

I do feel bad for people who have not been realistic about the market position and future of BB10. But I am not invested emotionally in my vendors or the tools i use to get work done. For me, like for Don Corleone, "It's business, not personal."

And, for me, for now, it's still BB10.

Preference is one thing. And no one should ever question that.

But living a fantasy, like some here, involving a potential return of BB10, does nothing but set some less informed readers up for further disappointment.

Some say I'm a party pooper, but I feel obligated to set the record straight. The more people that realise the dream is over, the faster we can deal with trying to eek out whatever we can from the platform, for as long as we can.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    06-16-17 08:52 AM
    Preference is one thing. And no one should ever question that.

But living a fantasy, like some here, involving a potential return of BB10, does nothing but set some less informed readers up for further disappointment.

Some say I'm a party pooper, but I feel obligated to set the record straight. The more people that realise the dream is over, the faster we can deal with trying to eek out whatever we can from the platform, for as long as we can.
    I don't disagree. BB10 reminds me a lot of IBM's os/2. Technically solid but too late to market, with developers already committed to Windows. The big difference is that IBM was able to use it in many commercial applications even after it failed on the desktop. (In fact, it's STILL available for sale from IBM under another brand name.)

The key difference, of course, is that IBM never left the software market, while BlackBerry has most definitely exited the mobile phone business!

06-16-17 09:01 AM
    One needs BB10 drivers - not QNX drivers (whatever that means).

Not just for the SoC, but the cameras, Bluetooth, WiFi, sensors, screen, etc, etc, etc. All would have to be custom made for BB10.
    Not to be pedantic, but you write drivers for kernels, not whatever they call the entirety of the operating system (which is made up of many many programs).

So yes, they would have to write the drivers for whatever iteration of QNX they're using for BB10. Just like Android is Linux with Google userland instead of the normal GNU userland.

https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...ch/kernel.html
    DonHB likes this.
    06-16-17 12:01 PM
153 ... 4567