so it looks like on the new 5s there is this super awesome slow motion feature built into the camera. It is so cool! Ok that is all have a great day y'all!
    12-17-13 03:23 PM
    And the same to you!
    12-17-13 03:30 PM
    Seems like something that would be pretty easy to build into an app..
    12-17-13 03:30 PM
    Haha great thread
    12-17-13 03:34 PM
    Seems like something that would be pretty easy to build into an app..
    It's actually a hardware feature. I don't believe the current blackberry camera modules are capable of it. However if you take a look through some of their code tthey'redefinitely thinking about it as there's some hints.
    12-17-13 03:34 PM
    It's actually a hardware feature. I don't believe the current blackberry camera modules are capable of it. However if you take a look through some of their code tthey'redefinitely thinking about it as there's some hints.
    I'm no dev by any means, so pardon my ignorance.. but why couldn't software slow down a video and save it as a new file?
    12-17-13 03:37 PM
    I'm no dev by any means, so pardon my ignorance.. but why couldn't software slow down a video and save it as a new file?
    Apples camera records and 120 frames per second and then plays it back at 30 frames per second resulting in 4X slo-mo. BlackBerrys camera isn't capable of capturing at that speed, so you would just end up with a whole bunch of (quad)duplicate frames.
    Last edited by mikeo007; 12-17-13 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Siri typo "BlackBerries" lol
    12-17-13 03:41 PM
    Apples camera records and 120 frames per second and then plays it back at 30 frames per second resulting in 4X slo-mo. BlackBerries camera isn't capable of capturing at that speed, so you would just end up with a whole bunch of (quad)duplicate frames.
    Interesting.
    12-17-13 03:42 PM
    Very cool. Now don't misunderstand just because I think it is cool does not mean I will switch over. I Love my BB. Just having camera envy.

12-17-13 03:56 PM
    It is a neat feature for sure. Here's a video that looks at slow-motion and compares 30fps to 60fps. You basically get much smoother motion as you increase the fps that you captured at. The iPhone 5s at 120fps would essentially be twice as smooth as the 60fps example in the video, or could be slowed down twice as much as the 60fps video was without losing any smoothness. The 30fps by comparison looks like a slide show.

RubberChicken76 likes this.
    12-17-13 04:06 PM
    Why would we ever need that feature? Tools not toys

*ends up on BlackBerry*
    OMG best feature ever!! I love BlackBerry, they always have the best ideas.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 04:13 PM
    Just use TimeShift

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    12-17-13 04:37 PM
    I wouldn't mind seeing a slomo feature on a BlackBerry cam...hell, I'd like to see a really good BlackBerry cam

Posted via Q10
    pinkgold likes this.
    12-17-13 05:04 PM

*ends up on BlackBerry*

Posted via CB10
    Never were truer words spoken.
    Coachbulldog and ATMJOE like this.
    12-17-13 05:16 PM

*ends up on BlackBerry*

Posted via CB10
    This made me laugh. So true!

Z on Channels
    eniga and ATMJOE like this.
    12-17-13 05:46 PM
    I wouldn't mind seeing a slomo feature on a BlackBerry cam...hell, I'd like to see a really good BlackBerry cam

Posted via Q10
    Now that's a statement. I've never had problems with camera quality on a BlackBerry, I have low standards in that regard, but it would be nice to have a really good one.

Z on Channels
    12-17-13 05:48 PM
    so it looks like on the new 5s there is this super awesome slow motion feature built into the camera. It is so cool! Ok that is all have a great day y'all!
    Gotta love these vague threads. Like throwing an incindiary device into some gasoline cans. Timeshift is basically the same thing. Have a great day, OP.
    12-17-13 06:13 PM
    Just use TimeShift

Gotta love these vague threads. Like throwing an incindiary device into some gasoline cans. Timeshift is basically the same thing. Have a great day, OP.
    The two of you clearly didn't take the time to research the feature the OP is suggesting or to understand it before posting.. it really isn't like TimeShift at all.

*ends up on BlackBerry*

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha... so true.
    93Aero, mikeo007, MC_A_DOT and 1 others like this.
    12-17-13 06:40 PM
    The two of you clearly didn't take the time to research the feature the OP is suggesting or to understand it before posting.. it really isn't like TimeShift at all.

Hahaha... so true.
    I looked at it. I "researched" it to my satisfaction. I just do not see the point of it. At all. When would I use this? Do I need it to survive? Is it something that will "wow" my boss? Never, No, and No.

I should add, I suppose, that this is my own opinion.
    12-17-13 06:56 PM
    I looked at it. I "researched" it to my satisfaction. I just do not see the point of it. At all. When would I use this? Do I need it to survive? Is it something that will "wow" my boss? Never, No, and No.

It's perfectly ok that it's not something you'd use, I probably wouldn't either to be honest.. and you are absolutely entitled to your opinion on that, but you said to the OP:
    Timeshift is basically the same thing.
    And it isn't... at all.. that's what I am correcting.
    gogurt48, raino, 93Aero and 5 others like this.
    12-17-13 07:12 PM
    I have used Slowmo on the iPhone so I know what it is about. I just suggested TimeShift because it is a feature that BlackBerry does have.

12-17-13 07:48 PM

If I was your boss I'd be very disappointed with your researching skill but I add that is just my opinion.
    jazsta123, Terser Nori and KoreyTM like this.
    12-17-13 07:49 PM
    Neat feature but non-life-enhancing for me. I can't think of a single time when I've ever shot video with my phone and thought, "Gee, I wish I could play that in slow-mo.". Also, 120 fps sounds excessive. The Hobbit was shot at 48 fps and that was a big deal.

I have a DSLR, Manfrotto tripod, lights and various means of editing. My phone cameras will never replace that.

But it is a neat feature -- just not for me.
    12-17-13 07:59 PM
    It's perfectly ok that it's not something you'd use, I probably wouldn't either to be honest.. and you are absolutely entitled to your opinion on that, but you said to the OP: And it isn't... at all.. that's what I am correcting.
    Fair enough.
    just_luc likes this.
    12-17-13 08:01 PM
    It would be nice to have for when you take amateurs sexy videos..

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 08:11 PM
72 123