What's up guys, it just hit me, one little thing that I personally would love to see BlackBerry include in their OS that would make me much happier with the Q10.

A native stock app built into the OS like apple has implemented. Pull down from the menu bar and you have live quotes for your stocks and indexes.

even the bloomberg app is very buggy on my Q10, so I have a shortcut on my home screen set up for Google finance, which can get a little frustrating.

This small little inclusion would make a world of difference. It's the little things that mean the most.

Wish this could be implemented

Stay On Top | Knowledge is Power. Information is Liberating
    rai187, UrbanGlowCam and dalight13 like this.
    08-18-14 10:39 PM
    I agree with you that these little things matter. However not everyone cares about the stock. Not me.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 12:26 AM
    Personally I always hated built-in stock apps....i never used them and even worse, could never get rid of/delete them! But, to each their own I guess....

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 01:43 AM
    Would he a great addition hence we are talking about a business OS!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 03:28 AM
    Yes I guess to each is own, I just think it would work very nicely with BB10 and give a much added convenience (for those who want it)

Personally I always hated built-in stock apps....i never used them and even worse, could never get rid of/delete them! But, to each their own I guess....

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 04:37 AM
    The Stocks app available in BlackBerry World is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 04:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. While not free, this is a pretty good app:
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20081905

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    Jaws48 likes this.
    08-19-14 04:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ive been using that app for a long time. To me its not that great, it is slow, the refresh doesnt work at times, the design is not very inspiring, no background running, sucks battery and it hasnt been updated in almost a year.

But its the best in terms of functionality and news capture.

Differentiate or Die
    08-19-14 05:03 AM
    Ive been using that app for a long time. To me its not that great, it is slow, the refresh doesnt work at times, the design is not very inspiring, no background running, sucks battery and it hasnt been updated in almost a year.

But its the best in terms of functionality and news capture.

Differentiate or Die
    I use it too, and indeed it need some tweaking and improvements but personally I feel the app is still good too.
    It just need an update (long time since the last one).
    08-19-14 05:32 AM
    I use stock spot free from bbw. Works well and is very simple..

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 07:41 AM
    The Stocks app isn't bad. The biggest issue is that if you do a device wipe or delete the app you have to add all your stocks and favorites back to the app. There should be some sort of backup of the data to avoid this.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 07:48 AM
    I just want a stock app BUILT in. IOS has mastered this, it's fluid, intuitive, easy chart view and convenient. Them Bast**** haha..

A man can dream I guess..

http://www.stayontop-lifestyle.com/
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    08-19-14 01:03 PM
    I just want a stock app BUILT in. IOS has mastered this, it's fluid, intuitive, easy chart view and convenient. Them Bast**** haha..

A man can dream I guess..

Stay On Top | Knowledge is Power. Information is Liberating
    While there are some good third party apps, I would also like the see BlackBerry create a native solution to a stock ticker. In the early days, BlackBerry was a huge asset for stock brokers, and over the years Apple has even excelled over them in this area.
    08-19-14 01:52 PM
    While there are some good third party apps, I would also like the see BlackBerry create a native solution to a stock ticker. In the early days, BlackBerry was a huge asset for stock brokers, and over the years Apple has even excelled over them in this area.
    Yeah, I dont understand why BlackBerry dropped the ball like that.

Arent finance peeps one of their largest target markets?

I have an iphone 5 and I dont share the same sentiment about their stock app. I think it sucks. You cannot even create portfolios, choose different sources for news. Get extended information like short ratios.

You can only add favourite stocks. How is this app good?

IMO a example of a good stock app is bloomberg.

Differentiate or Die
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    08-19-14 02:43 PM
    Yes I am a Financial Advisor, and this would be a perfect addition to bloomberg radio or CNBC on the sirius on the commute to work.

As for the other poster, Bloomberg app is , ehh too slow IMO. The apple built in app, gives you the top news from the major sites such as google, yahoo, seeking alpha which is more than enough. However, your right, going into deep financials of a company and creating your custom portfolio is limited. But it's quick, refreshes in the background, and i like how turning to landscape on the iPhone brings the chart view.

UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    08-19-14 08:43 PM
    Blackberry has better things to do then create a stock app. How about update the travel app or maps or BB express. How about the bugs or new features in bbm or channels. A stock app is perfectly acceptable to have a dev pick up the slack on. This coming from a guy who does check his stocks on his phone..
    08-20-14 02:11 PM
    Wish a Stocks app was built into BB10-img_20140820_151512.png I use this app for stocks. And there are plenty of other apps in BBW. Sure it would be nice to have it integrated with the OS but that would also cause friction with developers.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Last edited by Dave Bourque; 08-20-14 at 05:13 PM.
    08-20-14 02:16 PM
    I use this one daily...does everything I need. Cheap at twice the price for the utility it provides.

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    08-20-14 03:40 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140820_151512.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	271.3 KB 
ID:	292003 I use this app for stocks. And there are plenty of other apps in BBW. Sure it would be nice to have it integrated with the OS but that would also cause friction with developers.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Thats the one we've been talking about.

But its majorly overdue for an update.

It needs to be faster, have an updated UI in line with 10.3 and have some bugs ironed out.

We should all email the guy.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 04:50 PM
    This thread interests me.
    08-27-14 01:58 PM
    This thread interests me.
    Sasha is it? :-) if you are thinking of building a stock app you definitely should.

Combine stocks for blackberry features and functionality and the stocks for iOS UI and you'll have a winner. Id pay 5 bucks for it.

Posted via CB10
    FireChestApps likes this.
    08-27-14 06:15 PM
    Agreed I bought the backup pro app and it's great. Sasha how about you give this a shot? Would definitely buy a good app for stocks

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 06:47 PM
    I agree, I would love a much simpler/cleaner, BlackBerry-built stocks app. One of my most wanted apps.

I'd pay for a third party one, again, but it'd have to adhere to all of the BB10 UI/UX guidelines and feel like a built-in app. Too many 3rd party BB10 apps are plain sloppy.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 08:30 PM
    I can +1 the sentiment in here. All the stock apps in bbw are ugly, plain and boring. The functionality of "Stock Spot" is enough for me. It just needs to enhance the UI and aesthetics.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 09:17 PM
    I agree, I would love a much simpler/cleaner, BlackBerry-built stocks app. One of my most wanted apps.

I'd pay for a third party one, again, but it'd have to adhere to all of the BB10 UI/UX guidelines and feel like a built-in app. Too many 3rd party BB10 apps are plain sloppy.

Posted via CB10
    I can't agree with you more. All our apps make proper use of UI controls.
    08-28-14 10:14 AM
28 12