I use my Classic and my Passport not only as a private phone, but also with my company email.

We do not use Exchange and our IT won't install/use Blackberry Enterprise.

When on vacation, it would be a great feature, if I could turn the company account off (or any other email account for that matter).

Now, I have to erase or swap phones (I have the Passport with my company mail and use the Classic now without the company mail account).

Dilemma: I fell so much in love with the Classic, so that it appears as I'll stay with it. This means, that after my vacation, I will add my company's mail account, and will be having that problem with my next vacation again.

So please Blackberry: Please add the possibilty to turn off an account, without erasing it.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 07:47 PM
    It's there now, in 10.3.1. Go to Settings > Accounts. Select the account. Scroll down in the "Edit Account" page. There is a toggle on/off for "Sync Email". Just toggle it off.

Toggle it back on when you want to receive the company email again.
    02-22-15 08:08 PM
    Turning off sync on the account won't stop emails from arriving on it. Isn't it better to leave out of office automatic reply? This way people will know you're unavailable.
    02-22-15 08:16 PM
    Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Wish this may end up in the updates to come-img_20150223_021830.png

I use the Classic and made a screenshot of my running OS.

No matter if it is a POP or an IMAP-account, there is no such possibility to turn off the email account (btw: companymail is a Gmailaccount hosted by us).

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 08:21 PM
    @vbdwork: Yes, I tried that out once. It really doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 08:22 PM
    No, no. Elessar's suggestion is to turn sync off only. You can't turn Gmail account off from the phone.

@vbdwork: Yes, I tried that out once. It really doesn't work.
    Doesn't stop people from bothering you or doesn't send replies back to senders?
    02-22-15 08:24 PM
    First, a hosted Gmail account is typically set up using ActiveSync, not IMAP as are the free Gmail accounts.

Here is a screen cap of the screen I was referring to, my comany ActiveSync account.

Wish this may end up in the updates to come-img_20150222_204704.jpg

And toggling off the email sync certainly does work! Mine has been off all weekend. When I log into my account via PC, I have 16 new messages that have not been delivered to my device. When I'm ready to go into bedside mode tonight, I'll toggle it on again to re-sync and the messages will be delivered.

I do this whenever I'm going on vacation. It just works.
    der_mit and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-22-15 08:54 PM
    Hi Elessar,

thanks for the tip.

I added my hosted Googleaccount as ActiveSync and everything was fine, except that the mails do not show up nor were my testmails being sent. No error occured, the whole account is completely blank.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 08:21 AM
    When you toggle the "sync email" to ON, all your email should sync and reappear. You'll also be able to send.

FYI, once you've done so, you can also tap the "Edit Email Folder Settings" to select which, if any, subfolders you want synced to your device.
    02-23-15 08:34 AM
    Tried it out, hub remains blank and I get an "authentification" error. Adding it via imap works.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 01:12 PM