It seems wiping the phone and reloading everything is BB10 version of BBOS battery pull. I rather go back to battery pull days over wiping the phone every other day.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 12:16 AM
    I disagree, but see your point.

I would rather say that in the eyes of many CrackBerrians, the wiping if the phone is the way to go to solve a problem, but not necessarily the best. People just want an easy way to fix stuff, and an easy way to 'help' others, and quite often it works, as battery pulls were the thing back then.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that what people say and the actual solutions are two different things, and sometimes the lazy way wins.

Just keel it cool, that's not what BlackBerry tells you, that's what CrackBerrians tell you.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 12:23 AM
    I tweaked the title a bit.

Also I think battery pulls are still the first thing to try!
    Sator likes this.
    08-10-13 12:23 AM
    Wiping is often the fastest way to recover from serious issues. But not the only way, IF you can troubleshoot and narrow down the issue. Of course wiping should be unnecessary if you are just using BlackBerry 10 with an official carrier OS, and without side-loading apps. If you are installing leaks and/or side-loading then you will eventually hit issues. The difference with the old BBOS and battery pulls is they were (are) necessary even when using a completely supported and tested configuration.

So the answer to your question is no -- they are not the same thing.
    08-10-13 12:29 AM
    This is the solution straight from BlackBerry. Three tickets with BlackBerry and three wipes. Also using BlackBerry help on twitter they usually have no answer to problem. They tell you to call your carrier who sends you back to BlackBerry. Find better answers on crackberry.

Personally I think they released BB10 before it was ready.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 12:39 AM
    OP, you may get this impression when reading the forums but you must consider that this is a site where tons of leaks are installed, people experiment with unofficial operating systems and different android runtimes, they sideload apps and invariably things go a bit bonkers. The latest OS 10, (past the 10.1 MR) is very stable - IMO more so than legacy OS. I run 7.1 on my Bold and 10.2 on my Z10. I can honestly say, although 7.1 is an improvement from OS 7 and 6, I still have to do the odd battery pull on my Bold when it becomes unresponsive. I haven't had my Z freezing up on me in the same way. To me, the Z is definitely more stable than my Bold. Others may have a different opinion.
    08-10-13 12:54 AM
    This is the solution straight from BlackBerry. Three tickets with BlackBerry and three wipes. Also using BlackBerry help on twitter they usually have no answer to problem. They tell you to call your carrier who sends you back to BlackBerry. Find better answers on crackberry.

Personally I think they released BB10 before it was ready.

Posted via CB10
    Then they are just being lazy about it if the problems you are having are mearly due to issues inherent in the device and not from unsupported activities.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 12:54 AM
    I don't think wiping the device is the new answer to problems with BB10 devices. I think it is the lazy/easy answer though. No troubleshooting involved!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 01:04 AM
    It's absurd how long this device takes to security wipe. BlackBerry needs to fix that ASAP. Answer to your question, I'd rather pull a battery and wait a couple of minutes vs a 2o+ minute security wipe

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 01:14 AM
    It's absurd how long this device takes to security wipe. BlackBerry needs to fix that ASAP. Answer to your question, I'd rather pull a battery and wait a couple of minutes vs a 2o+ minute security wipe

Posted via CB10
    Because that is not a regular mean to fix things for an end-user. As leaks are not supposed to be installed for consumers, just developers. We do here at CrackBerry because we like to tweak, but that is not really frequent for the average user.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 01:17 AM
    Security wipes on legacy devices took time also. I see a security wipe as a last resort, and is not the same as a battery pull, and never will be. Some advocate not doing battery pulls, especially if your device is on; always switch off first. There is also the school of thought that battery pulls are unnecessary on OS10. Hard reset functions the same as a battery pull, which is no good if your device is unresponsive.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 01:32 AM