Here's my situation:

Z30 with SD card set to encryption on.
    Connected Z30 to computer via USB to try to copy pictures from SD card, but a password was required.
    I forgot my password since I always use picture password.
    I removed my SD card before the 10th password attempt.
    10th attempt failed and device was wiped.
    Tried putting SD card into reader, but files won't open on computer.

Any chance of getting my decrypting my SD card to get the pictures back, or are they gone for forever?

Replies would be greatly appreciated.
    08-22-17 02:15 PM
    Once you wiped the device its over. As far as I know you cant get retrieve anything from the card by design. Hopefully its backed up on onedrive, google or dropbox.
    08-22-17 02:26 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

Nope... no cloud backup. Just lost a lot of memories like a complete *****. Damn picture password ruined my life.

Would this work: https://www.elcomsoft.com/purchase/p....X.X.X.X.X.X.X
    08-22-17 02:29 PM
    No clue, never encrypt things so never had to try and break it.

I know some people have had your experience as well but not sure they have been able to find a way to recover stuff. Hopefully they can chime in.
    08-22-17 02:33 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

Nope... no cloud backup. Just lost a lot of memories like a complete *****. Damn picture password ruined my life.

Would this work: https://www.elcomsoft.com/purchase/p....X.X.X.X.X.X.X
    I remember a bunch of talk about the claims elcomsoft made... years ago. As far as I know, they seem to be true.

As far as I know that don't "claim" to be able to decrypt an SD Card. You might want to contact them.

I had a bad experience with an encrypted SD Card and data.... back in the BBOS days. Since I don't need encrypted data, I don't use it and I make sure that even if my phone were lost or died today.... I've still got all my important data.
    08-22-17 02:43 PM
    The encryption key for the SDCARD is derived from your password and values store in the phone. These values are lost during a security wipe so I doubt you will be able to recover the data, but what you try is up to you.

Considering the relative fragility of SDCARD storage, the ease with which a phone may be lost, stolen, or destroyed one should not store valuable or irreplaceable data on either an SDCARD or a smartphone without having a backup.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    quik4life likes this.
    08-23-17 04:05 AM
    The encryption key for the SDCARD is derived from your password and values store in the phone. These values are lost during a security wipe so I doubt you will be able to recover the data, but what you try is up to you.

Considering the relative fragility of SDCARD storage, the ease with which a phone may be lost, stolen, or destroyed one should not store valuable or irreplaceable data on either an SDCARD or a smartphone without having a backup.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    This, ALWAYS have at the very least 1 backup of your important data.
    I keep 2 backups, one which I update every week and one that I update every few months. The latter is an reliable disconnected "off-site" backup.

I've had an early-gen SSD die on me when it became read only (died from heavy write usage), and multiple hard disk failures. Data loss is a terrible thing ;_;
    08-23-17 08:44 AM
    Since we are talking about photos here is what a professional photographer Peter Krogh said about backups.

http://www.dpbestflow.org/backup/backup-overview

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    08-23-17 03:37 PM