01-16-17 07:23 AM
64 123
tools
    Went to the MS store today to check out some windows phones and see what settings are offered on them. In comparison to bb BB10 there is non. Windows phone has very little options for settings and I find it very disappointing. I now know I would not be able to do windows phone.
    Seems to be a very limited experience indeed.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think you looked very hard.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-07-17 06:28 PM
    I was searching "Windows Phone" in Google+ and to my surprise I found out just how bad they are doing. My Gosh!
    All in a row almost, we're posts about apps that are being killed or discontinued. Sad!

Attachment 403929

Attachment 403930

Attachment 403931

Attachment 403932

Attachment 403933

Attachment 403934

Attachment 403935

Attachment 403936

Attachment 403937

Attachment 403938

I am very disappointed since they were my second best go to if BB10 failed completely. I wish JC was able to convince congress to make apps universal

Posted via CB10
    All that Chen did years ago by making that comment was revealed how clueless he is.

There is no way the government could ever force app makers to make an app for every platform. The remedy would be going after Google not going After tiny software companies and individuals software programmers. The government should go after Google. Maybe it will now that someone less corruptible will be president.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 06:45 PM
    Not really, Microsoft is getting full Windows 10 to work on ARM processors which means when you plug your Lumia or Windows 10 device to an HDMI either wireless or cable this will become a full Windows 10 Desktop... so Microsoft is doing a great job to differentiate themselves from Android and iOS and that's a really smart way to do it!

I mean that's pretty much what the smartphones were supposed to be in the beginning, a replacement for a computer and Microsoft pretty much will do that soon!

BB10 is dead, but Windows 10 Mobile is the future!

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and elfabio80 like this.
    01-07-17 06:57 PM
    Davis, Bblend is much better than that admittedly cool feature on WP. How often do you have a PC monitor and keyboard and mouse handy but no PC? I don't know when I would ever use my phone like a PC using external hardware.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 11:15 PM
    Guys, Win10 receives much more support than Bb10. Although the quantities of smartphones sold are pretty small, the suicide MS policy relating to updates to win10, the delays for a good implementation, the operative system is now working pretty well.

All the major apps are in the market....is that not bad. I have a wonderful Lumia 650. I love it, but the battery does not allow me to have a full day (for my use) as I have with my Leap and Passport. It would have been interesting to see BlackBerry and Ms working together....

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-08-17 04:15 AM
    Davis, Bblend is much better than that admittedly cool feature on WP. How often do you have a PC monitor and keyboard and mouse handy but no PC? I don't know when I would ever use my phone like a PC using external hardware.

Posted via CB10
    The same way you need a computer for Blend... Lol

Everybody has a TV, you can easily set up a monitor keyboard and mouse at home and ditch your computer cause you always will have in your pocket!

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 08:50 AM
    I don't know about you guys but I love windows 10 on my laptop. I assume that's the same with windows 10 mobile.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-08-17 09:30 AM
    I don't know about you guys but I love windows 10 on my laptop. I assume that's the same with windows 10 mobile.

Posted via CB10
    Is not the same as of now, but they will introduce a new Smartphone later this year and that will have full Windows 10!

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 09:57 AM
    I don't think you looked very hard.
    Would love to know where else they hide the extra setting beside the setting menu for the phone lol

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 01:29 PM
    Would love to know where else they hide the extra setting beside the setting menu for the phone lol

Posted via CB10
    You made a very general statement, after looking at a phone at a store, and said compared to BB "there are none" in reference to settings. What you were talking about i have no idea but I do know there are plenty, though they may be different than on BB. I also know that W10 is being actively updated regularly.
    01-08-17 01:53 PM
    You made a very general statement, after looking at a phone at a store, and said compared to BB "there are none" in reference to settings. What you were talking about i have no idea but I do know there are plenty, though they may be different than on BB. I also know that W10 is being actively updated regularly.
    I looked through all the setting on the windows phones there and there were not much to speak of. Don't know what your talking about. Perhaps they are hiding some somewhere..... as an Easter egg.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 04:24 PM
    I looked through all the setting on the windows phones there and there were not much to speak of. Don't know what your talking about. Perhaps they are hiding some somewhere..... as an Easter egg.

Posted via CB10
    Personally I think they have instead too many options.... are u sure you looked into a win10 mobile and not into a win 8.1?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 06:20 PM
    Personally I think they have instead too many options.... are u sure you looked into a win10 mobile and not into a win 8.1?

Posted via CB10
    Ok you stumped me there. I only assumed that the store sporting four live demo phones would be running win10 but no I did not think to check. Really did not think that was possible that they would have win8.1 in the store today. That would be plain pathetic but yeah possible.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 09:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    I use Blend daily and am a big fan of Blend. But I believe Continuum is a different beast all together. If and when it matures and more and more full blown software can run on Continuum then I believe it could be the next big thing. Imagine no longer having the need to bring a laptop with you where ever you go.

In a hotel room, when traveling, you could just use your celphone on your TV. Essentially merging phone/PC.

Right now I carry a phone, and a surface pro. My surface pro serves as my tablet which can convert to a laptop. I usually "blend" to my phone using my Surface. Imagine eventually merging phone, tablet, laptop and desktop to one. That is what Windows hopes to achieve.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 07:23 AM
64 123