Is this some sort of a self torture thing? So, your best option after BB10 is Windows Phone? Is this some joke?? LOL

Posted via CB10
    It's better than those that are looking at Sailfish to continue the self torture....
    07-15-16 07:10 AM
    Loool its funny to see Microsoft loosing
    But i think its their well defined strategy. They are merging their app ecosystem. And we all know microsft windows is major os in desktop market. And by merging they they dont have to do many things. General people will eventually start buying surface phone because of common apps...

But what about blackberry...
    I remember blackberry advertising song in india.
    We wear cool suites,
    We wear shiny shoes.
    We aaare the blackberry boys
    Ooou yeah the BlackBerry boys... :-p
    Now we are the sinking boys
    Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 07:25 AM
    It will help some but not every mobile app needs to have a desktop version. ...
    But if Microsoft is successful in getting developers to write their desktop apps as universal apps, they will also work as mobile apps.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    07-15-16 07:34 AM
    to be honest, i am not surprised.

also, many windows apps... are just websites.. n4bb or how was that famous developer for bb, anyone?

Blackberry, iOS, Android - all have SalesForce1 app. Which is an app as app should be.

Windows 10 app on the other hand, is just simple, standard desktop website....
    07-15-16 07:52 AM
    to be honest, i am not surprised.

also, many windows apps... are just websites.. n4bb or how was that famous developer for bb, anyone?

Blackberry, iOS, Android - all have SalesForce1 app. Which is an app as app should be.

Windows 10 app on the other hand, is just simple, standard desktop website....
    The Salesforce app is terrible and made by BlackBerry. The other app in BBW is just a browser. WebEx is ending support next year. BB10 is dead even for business/productivity apps.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    07-15-16 08:10 AM
    But if Microsoft is successful in getting developers to write their desktop apps as universal apps, they will also work as mobile apps.
    What desktop apps would be good for mobile and isn't already. I struggle to think of anything that would add value to WinPhone .
    07-15-16 08:34 AM
    Those two companies should merge.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 09:54 AM
    If.
    07-15-16 12:02 PM
    Is this some sort of a self torture thing? So, your best option after BB10 is Windows Phone? Is this some joke?? LOL

Posted via CB10
    Self torture would be settling for Android after the Best BB10 experience. I have a hard time feeding into one or two platforms that are squeezing out the rest of our options and they aren't even that good. To be honest what is could be so much better if the driving force was to make the experience the best it could be for the consumer but instead it is driven purely by what makes money and how to make it. Understand that they need to make some money but nothing is preventing that, it's about focus.

I guess I like being on the side of the underdog. I always like taking the most difficult path knowing if I made it I could go anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 404063

And would you look at that! Guess someone has faith still lol
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-15-16 12:23 PM
    Despite all the blows, middle fingers and punches they've been getting lately, they're still keen on producing phones. Take the Acer Jade Liquid Primo and Elite X3 for instance, and the rumored Surface phone line.
    07-15-16 02:06 PM
    If.
    Yeah, last year I had a lot of hope for Windows.... but a year later I just don't see where they are gaining any traction with developers. Sure seems like they are losing some that were supporting them.

The sad thing is there are 350 million Windows 10 Desktop and Mobile users.... which is actually a pretty huge number. But compared to TODAY'S smartphone market it is nothing. And I think Developers look at the percentages much more that the actual users.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-15-16 02:11 PM
    The main issue is that the majority of desktop PC users don't bother with Store apps. The desktop PC users install x86/x64 software programs.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    07-15-16 05:38 PM
    Yeah, Nadella pulled the plug on Windows Phone hardware and then everything went downhill really fast.

IMO, partnering and then buying Nokia was a major mistake. Windows Phone had a small but sustainable lineup of third party OEMs prior to giving one company special treatment; but, they were alienated as a result of the partnership.

Also, Microsoft was in over its head in terms of trying to absorb Nokia. Microsoft has had much more success with its in-house hardware division than the failing one that it bought.

Anyway, I am not sure if Windows Phone will ever come back; but, it could if Microsoft puts in the money. Not saying that it would ever overtake Android but it could at least retake its 3% marketshare.
    MS didn't buy Nokia outright. They bought Nokia's devices and services business, and they did so to prevent their largest OEM partner from switching to Android. Had that happened, WP would've died quickly instead of the slow death that's taken place over the last few years.
    Laura Knotek and JeepBB like this.
    07-15-16 06:00 PM
    The main issue is that the majority of desktop PC users don't bother with Store apps. The desktop PC users install x86/x64 software programs.
    Yes, but for simple informational functions, a mobile app format can often do the job better than a full blown application or web site, and Live Tiles in the Start Menu or on a Windows Phone screen can be useful.
    07-16-16 10:54 AM
    I used a nokia run by windows phone OS in several times, and I supposed that OS did not make me more addicted feeling because the way icons and command menus going along with this OS was not attractive to me, and the virtual keyboard also looked like boring.
    07-16-16 11:39 AM
    Self torture would be settling for Android after the Best BB10 experience. I have a hard time feeding into one or two platforms that are squeezing out the rest of our options and they aren't even that good. To be honest what is could be so much better if the driving force was to make the experience the best it could be for the consumer but instead it is driven purely by what makes money and how to make it. Understand that they need to make some money but nothing is preventing that, it's about focus.

I guess I like being on the side of the underdog. I always like taking the most difficult path knowing if I made it I could go anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 404063

And would you look at that! Guess someone has faith still lol
    Well.. You have s point. Maybe Jolla with the SailFish OS? I I also like to support smaller initiatives and I believe I have been thru most any mobile OS you can imagine. But Windows Phone ??? No way! (But yes I have a Windows Phone device just for testing purposes. Never got used to it. My main two phones are a BlackBerry 10 and an iPhone 6. Plus, of course, a Priv just in case! :-)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-16-16 12:23 PM
    Well.. You have s point. Maybe Jolla with the SailFish OS? I I also like to support smaller initiatives and I believe I have been thru most any mobile OS you can imagine. But Windows Phone ??? No way! (But yes I have a Windows Phone device just for testing purposes. Never got used to it. My main two phones are a BlackBerry 10 and an iPhone 6. Plus, of course, a Priv just in case! :-)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Well I've used a windows phone 7 but not extensively. I can't say it would fit my needs but I've had the Crapple and Android and do not want to have to go back.
    I guess all I can say is my ship is still floating and I just may go down with it but hopefully we hit land and start a new colony lol (BB11?) lol.

Posted via CB10
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    07-16-16 12:36 PM
    Windows 10 phone was a big failure. I was hopeful with the idea of universal apps. They had an edge with the ecosystem. But damn, never saw such a buggy OS at launch. Universal apps never came to be. Even though they have the ability to convert android apps to windows phone, it just never gained traction.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 01:40 PM
    Harbingers of failure: meet the customers you don?t want to love your product | Ars Technica
    Ronindan and JeepBB like this.
    07-16-16 03:14 PM
    Ha! You don't need me to tell you what's been written on the walls well before I got here lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 11:22 PM
    Windows 10 phone was a big failure. I was hopeful with the idea of universal apps. They had an edge with the ecosystem. But damn, never saw such a buggy OS at launch. Universal apps never came to be. Even though they have the ability to convert android apps to windows phone, it just never gained traction.

Posted via CB10
    Universal Apps are coming : Twitter, Deezer, SNCF, Facebook, Tune Up Radio...

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 12:16 PM
    I don't think so... next year will be Surface Phone with Full windows 10.. and I am so honestly excited about that

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 02:48 PM
    Oh and by the way, the apps were removed from Windows Phone to be replaced with Windows 10 Mobile versions, that operating system is doing very well.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-17-16 02:53 PM
    Yeah, I think the jury is still out on Windows phone. Universal apps are just beginning. The OS is still in beta (for a couple more weeks) and developing nicely. They have boatloads of money. 2017 will tell us more.
    cukierkas likes this.
    07-17-16 03:35 PM
    Went to the MS store today to check out some windows phones and see what settings are offered on them. In comparison to bb BB10 there is non. Windows phone has very little options for settings and I find it very disappointing. I now know I would not be able to do windows phone.
    Seems to be a very limited experience indeed.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 05:30 PM
64 123