This is a very interesting idea. I imagine it would be like dual booting Windows / Linux. Would this be possible on BB10 devices or is the software / hardware too integrated to allow this to happen? It does give options but before it ever comes to that point, I would rather have BB work on a storefront for Android apps like Amazon which would allow for OTA installations instead of going through the converting / sideloading process.

Microsoft Said to Ask HTC for Windows on Android Phones
    10-04-13 09:47 AM
    That is interesting, does anyone looking at an HTC Android device really want this? Makes you wonder why they don't just have Nokia do it.
    10-04-13 10:01 AM
    There is a store front for Android apps on BlackBerry 10, it's called BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:04 AM
    There is a store front for Android apps on BlackBerry 10, it's called BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha, true. But I would like it to be automatic so I can get any Android app I want instead of having to convert an APK into a BAR and then sideloading it myself. I would rather have BlackBerry do it and at the same have these apps go through the typical virus scanning processes beforehand just like the BB10 apps are subjected to.
    10-04-13 10:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Did you read the article?.. It's about the possibility of dual-boot or letting the user select between Windows and Android as their OS. Does that make an HTC more or less attractive? Would it make a BB10 device more or less attractive?

I agree that the Android Runtime in BB10 is the correct approach, if only they could get it to run Google services in exchange for preloading whatever Google apps Google wants.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:21 AM
    Did you read the article?.. It's about the possibility of dual-boot or letting the user select between Windows and Android as their OS. Does that make an HTC more or less attractive? Would it make a BB10 device more or less attractive?

I agree that the Android Runtime in BB10 is the correct approach, if only they could get it to run Google services in exchange for preloading whatever Google apps Google wants.

Posted via CB10
    I have an HTC One and I wouldn't mind trying it or at least having the option to do so. I believe options are always good for the consumer and this is just another manner of differentiating from the competition. No harm in that.
    10-04-13 10:51 AM