It's not a loading screen. It's the installing screen.
    ronfc and jdesignz like this.
    08-14-15 08:29 AM
    I know what people are saying, having been a webOS fan and watched as all it's best features were "borrowed" by the major players (Playbook cards, anyone?).

Anyways, suing for stolen gui ideas would be pretty rich coming from a company that stole ("borrowed") it's entire BB10 gui from Nokia.

And I'm not complaining. I'm glad they did it. BB10 is a great OS.
    You mean the gestures? BB10 does it better. Wouldn't say they borrowed anything, let alone its entire UI.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by extisis; 08-14-15 at 09:07 AM.
    08-14-15 08:33 AM
    It's not a loading screen. It's the installing screen.
    Ikr, that's why I've put quotation marks on loading

Osores odierint! Cave, cave, moderator videt
    08-14-15 08:38 AM
    Really don't care if ms borrowed the BlackBerry idea actually I like that somebody is at the same level of BlackBerry 10 (windows 10)
    That means that BlackBerry is not that stale..

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 08:39 AM
    The three dots are all over windows 10. And look at the picture viewer. BlackBerry really should kick MS' a*s.

It's just unfair. BlackBerry seems to be one of the few good things left in the world of technology and the big companies just steal from it. It's like hitting an unconscious man who's already on the ground.

Maybe BlackBerry should consider working on a computer operating system. It would be fantastic!

Whoa...BlackBerry PC. Not a bad idea. It would actually and potentially open a new market, with the built-in offer in security, stability and productivity. I wonder if it's feasible financially though. Especially now.
    08-14-15 09:03 AM
    Whoa...BlackBerry PC. Not a bad idea. It would actually and potentially open a new market, with the built-in offer in security, stability and productivity. I wonder if it's feasible financially though. Especially now.
    No
    08-14-15 09:07 AM
    You mean bought.
    No. I don't.

But if you have a link showing that BlackBerry paid Nokia for Meego Harmattan design rights, I'd be interested to see it.
    08-14-15 09:08 AM
    You mean the gestures? BB10 does it better. Wouldn't say they borrowed anything, let alone its entire UI.

Posted via CB10
    I mean the gestures and the organization: the side swipe to a unified messaging page (becomes BB10s unified inbox hub), and a side swipe to the live tiles/active frames arranged in a grid. The third page is the app-icons-in-a-grid-page, just like BB10 (and apple, and almost everyone). I would say they borrowed almost everything.
    08-14-15 09:16 AM
    I usually don't participate in these forums but this is just ridiculous. This is a photo of my Windows phone 7 device from 2010 ( well before bb10 made it to market). Notice the three dot menu button in the bottom right... Also, that's what they called the People Hub. I'm not sure what op is referring to in W10 as the "hub" but BlackBerry didn't invent that word.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Windows 10 so similar to BlackBerry10-40988.jpg  
    08-14-15 10:04 AM
    I usually don't participate in these forums but this is just ridiculous. This is a photo of my Windows phone 7 device from 2010 ( well before bb10 made it to market). Notice the three dot menu button in the bottom right... Also, that's what they called the People Hub. I'm not sure what op is referring to in W10 as the "hub" but BlackBerry didn't invent that word.

Wow I guess this guy isn't kidding about not participating lol. Goes to show how false the narrative in this post is.
    Windows 10 so similar to BlackBerry10-img_20150814_110719.png

Posted with my  Classic
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    08-14-15 10:08 AM
    Oh those three dots that Blackberry stole?

I think Microsoft faked the moon landing and killed Kennedy too. Somebody should demand Bill Gates tell us where Jimmy Hoffa is.
    If only concrete could talk...
    08-14-15 10:54 AM
    I can only hope that Microsoft gives some cash to BlackBerry for stealing BlackBerry ideas for their windows 10 design.
    Why go through all these troubles, Blackberry should just ask Microsoft for a handout.
    08-14-15 11:18 AM

To Blackberry's credit, at least the 3 dots in BB10 are vertical, it wasn't copied wholesale.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-14-15 11:22 AM
    I mean the gestures and the organization: the side swipe to a unified messaging page (becomes BB10s unified inbox hub), and a side swipe to the live tiles/active frames arranged in a grid. The third page is the app-icons-in-a-grid-page, just like BB10 (and apple, and almost everyone). I would say they borrowed almost everything.
    If Blackberry did not copy anything from Android or iPhone, there will be no swiping on BB10 devices. You can't even touch it.
    08-14-15 11:25 AM
    Wow I guess this guy isn't kidding about not participating lol. Goes to show how false the narrative in this post is.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150814_110719.png 
Views:	447 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	366781

Posted with my  Classic
    Does my lack of posts make what I said inaccurate? I could show you my z10 if that makes you happier

kbz1960 likes this.
    08-14-15 11:58 AM
    Does my lack of posts make what I said inaccurate? I could show you my z10 if that makes you happier

No, I was saying that considering you were compelled to post brought more validity to your point.

Posted with my  Classic
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-14-15 12:04 PM
    No, I was saying that considering you were compelled to post brought more validity to your point.

Posted with my  Classic
    My apologies then. I thought the false narrative was directed at me.

08-14-15 12:21 PM
    fine then if they borrowed it- they made it their own and made it better. done deal.
    08-14-15 12:25 PM
    If Blackberry did not copy anything from Android or iPhone, there will be no swiping on BB10 devices. You can't even touch it.
    ios copied BlackBerry's top-down gesture. goes both ways i guess.
    08-14-15 12:27 PM
    My apologies then. I thought the false narrative was directed at me.

No worries

Posted with my  Classic
    08-14-15 12:30 PM
    ios copied BlackBerry's top-down gesture. goes both ways i guess.
    Android has that feature as well, kind of a hub, is that where Blackberry got their sideway hub idea from. Blackberry is a late comer to all these all touch screen phone business. The hub is for harping.
    08-14-15 12:59 PM

I don't think he was disregarding your post.

Edit: Nvm you guys addressed it.
    Posted via CB10
    JAS0NB0URNE likes this.
    08-14-15 02:12 PM
    Android has that feature as well, kind of a hub, is that where Blackberry got their sideway hub idea from. Blackberry is a late comer to all these all touch screen phone business. The hub is for harping.
    Press to click was very "innovative".... on their first all touch device.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    08-14-15 02:36 PM
    Press to click was very "innovative".... on their first all touch device.
    Aw come on... Don't hate on the Storm, I liked the surepress! It was like an early version of the 'pressure sensitive' touch screen interfaces we are now seeing, allowing for a tap, a tap and hold, or a click, all with a single finger! Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 02:46 PM
    Aw come on... Don't hate on the Storm, I liked the surepress! It was like an early version of the 'pressure sensitive' touch screen interfaces we are now seeing, allowing for a tap, a tap and hold, or a click, all with a single finger! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Too be honest I kinda liked it too for navigation... especially on the STORM 2 which a friend had. It had a few more sensors than my Storm.

But it was very tough to type out a long email.
    08-14-15 02:54 PM
63 123