So supposedly the new BB10 coming out will be all touch screen. So for us that is just infatuated with the blackberry keyboard, will you be getting the new BB10 or wait for another phone with keyboard to come out?
    Would just like to know your inputs

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-02-12 10:20 PM
    Hopefully not. Almost every bb user loves the bb because of it's keyboard and its easy way to respond to emails, bbm, texts, etc. BB10 being all touch will just ruin RIM. I don't know anybody that owns the new bb7 all touch phones.

@O_T16; 330F63DF
    04-02-12 10:39 PM
    If I want a phone without a keyboard, I'll get an iPhone. BB should offer both.
    Luanne and shemaree09 like this.
    04-03-12 09:54 AM
    I will be waiting for the first BB10 device with a portrait keyboard, when that device is announced, I'll be in line for it if that is what it takes,

The All touch device hopefully will get some people Back to BlackBerry, but to me a BlackBerry isn't a BlackBerry unless you're clicking down to type.
    04-03-12 09:59 AM
    i think BB10 will be coming with touch and type, and full touch. if they do, i would definitely but touch and type.

04-03-12 10:00 AM
    I hope RIM releases a road map/schedule for the qwerty device by BB-world, if they announce they'll have a qwerty device by December then I'll probably wait, but otherwise i might just have to suck it up and get the full touch, I'll probably end up regretting that decision tho.
    04-03-12 10:11 AM
    It's a matter of timing for me, I bought the BB 9900 to hold me over until BB 10 - 9900 comes out. if we hear that a BB 10 9900 is delayed until April 2013 and the touch model is 4.0 inches or sligthly larger, I might be tempted to buy one in the Fall of this year. The grey area is in timing and function. I prefer real keys but a larger screen could tempt me if it is cool enough.
    04-03-12 10:32 AM
    I hope RIM releases a road map/schedule for the qwerty device by BB-world, if they announce they'll have a qwerty device by December then I'll probably wait, but otherwise i might just have to suck it up and get the full touch, I'll probably end up regretting that decision tho.
    There was a leaked slide back in February that indicated that a BB10 "Bold" was scheduled for release in Q4...
    04-03-12 10:35 AM
    I heard something about the keyboard on the full touch BB10 device. I want to see what that's all about. But if it's anything like haptic feedback. I just might get it.
    04-03-12 10:39 AM
    I won't go full touch in all likelihood. I would want to wait for something like that Blade concept.

If the new slider turns out to be clunky or unreliable, I would probably switch to a new platform altogether.
    04-03-12 10:40 AM
    I don't understand why they didn't keep the goddamn Torch with the pull-out keyboard when they added it to the Sprint line-up. I bought the new Torch anyway, the touchscreen drove me crazy (still does, but less so), then was so fed up I got the new Bold so I could get my beloved clicky keyboard back. BUT--(a) I was spoiled by the Torch's bigger screen, and (b) the Torch's camera is SO MUCH better (the Bold's flash made everything look jaundiced and the autofocus wasn't the greatest). So I reactivated the Torch.

I love the button keyboard; I make way fewer errors typing on that, but I want the bigger screen and the nicer camera. I guess I understand RIM's need to compete with the iPhone with their own all-touchscreen phone, blah blah. But damn, it sort of sucks because it's not a true BlackBerry. I hope they can get their together. I don't know when any new devices are coming out or if Sprint will even be getting any, but my Sprint contract is up in September and it's tempting to jump ship from BB (not just because of no keyboard, but I continually have problems with this phone). I would rather not be a traitor, however.

Just my two cents.
    04-03-12 10:50 AM
    Where is all of your faith? I'm a proud owner of a BB 9850, yes I miss the Iconic BB Keyboard but the all-touch approach would be a good move for RIM. However me personally would wait for a slider so I could have the best of both worlds.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-03-12 10:55 AM
    The Bold 9900/9930 is the BEST Blackberry form factor to date.

I would hate for them to get rid of it. Maybe the trackpad, but for me to buy a BB10 device, it has to have a touchscreen AND keyboard
    04-03-12 10:56 AM
    Bring back the side track-wheel! JK. It is sometimes mystifying/frustrating the way RIM's roadmaps out its devices -- all the elements of the ultimate Blackberry, only mixed and matched over 3 or 4 devices. Why must the 9900 have a lousy camera? why couldn't it be a little bigger on the screen side? Why can't RIM release a wider 9810 style slider with BB10, with a good camera. When they introduce a new feature, like a front-facing camera, it gets really screwy because they don't incorporate it over all the models. And sometimes in the past when they've had some new thing that would appeal to tech-savvy users, they release it on their handset that had a spec package that wouldn't otherwise appeal to such users. Muscle up RIM! Whenever I buy a pc or laptop or tablet, I try and go as overboard as my dollars will carry me, getting more memory and space than the experts think I will ever need. And within 18 months its still running competitively while the appropriately scaled model has become all but obsolete. I hope RIM goes big on the specs.
    04-03-12 11:15 AM
    i would favor a kb style phone. Bold or new style torch i dont care. If the PB is getting BB10 why would i need a tablet and another mini tablet with the same OS ? But i might change my mind if this 9810 keeps pushing MY buttons.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Esra77 likes this.
    04-03-12 01:22 PM
    I would consider a touchscreen BB10 device.
    04-03-12 01:25 PM
    I need a keyboard, portrait style, form factor will hopefully be close to the 9900 with a bigger screen, stilll need the trackpad though so I am sure this is feasible.

I have been using the PlayBook a lot now, and I really do prefer typing than typetouching.

04-03-12 01:43 PM
    I'll wait for the rumored BB10 "Nevada" portrait qwerty device, unless my current BB bites the dust, then I'll get a 9930.
    04-03-12 02:29 PM
    Where is all of your faith? I'm a proud owner of a BB 9850, yes I miss the Iconic BB Keyboard but the all-touch approach would be a good move for RIM. However me personally would wait for a slider so I could have the best of both worlds.
    Click to view quoted image

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    Yes, I want both. I want the one that AT&T has. I don't understand why they couldn't do the same thing for Sprint AS WELL AS the all-touchscreen. I guess that's why they did the Bold touch and keypad. But not the same. If only I could cross-breed my Bold with my Torch. Oh wait--they did that. But not for Sprint.

Time to switch carriers to get exactly what I want? Perhaaaaps...
    04-03-12 02:36 PM
    I'm gonna wait for a phone with the torch design I want the best of both worlds. Keyboard and a touch screen

Sent from Ghettobomb BlackBerry 9810
    04-03-12 02:59 PM
    i love the slider form factor. I just want one with a bigger screen so when i do choose touch i got something i can see
    04-04-12 06:52 PM
    I own a 9800 and like the form factor - BUT I rarely use the slideout keyboard. I forced myself to use the touch keyboard because these 50 year old eyes deal with the larger text visible on the screen above the touch keyboard while in a landscape orientation. So i'm riding this 9800 for all its worth until the large screen bb10 device is released by AT&T in the fall.

By the way, that slim slider design tease pic shown in February is just TOO DAMN SEXY!!! I just hope it is reality and not fantasy!
    04-25-12 08:54 PM
    I think I'm going to wait on the keypad version of BB10. Hopefully it will arrive sooner than projected. I'm not totally dismissing the all touch BB10, but I guess I'm old fashioned, when I think of a BlackBerry I think of a keypad....that's funny because I have a PlayBook with no keypad
    04-25-12 09:05 PM
    I will wait until a BB10 phone with keyboard is released. Preferably if it has both the touchscreen and keyboard.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-25-12 09:06 PM
    I'm also one of those who really likes having a physical keyboard. Touchscreens are fine, and I am quite proficient using my SGS, but the keyboard on my Tour still does well for me. One of the reasons I don't have a BB7 device is that my carrier (USCC) doesn't carry the 9930.

I'll probably get the BB10 touchscreen model, but keep hoping that a physical keyboard model does get released.
    04-25-12 10:01 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD