Exactly. What rainbow you experienced with 10.2? 10.2.1 was unique in itself. 10.3.1 is different too. Just that it resembles so much to Android and iOS that it doesn't make BlackBerry OS unique. Besides, 10.3.1 has a really average UI. Many might like the simplicity of it and I have no problems with that. Why will I have? But at least we should have the option of themes in which we can select a 10.2.1 theme. Now if Android can allow an iOS theme, I guess BlackBerry shouldn't have any problem in allowing their own BlackBerry UI as a theme for their own BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    Start to make one. Submit to developers thread or share on BBM channels around the globe.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-08-15 10:32 AM
    Start to make one. Submit to developers thread or share on BBM channels around the globe.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    I submitted this to developers thread already. Hope we get themes working in future.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 10:49 AM
    What about custom fonts, at least. I'd like to part ways with the default OS font lol. But yea, forget 10.2 UI, that's long gone now. All they can do now is improve the current one.
    03-08-15 11:00 AM
    What about custom fonts, at least. I'd like to part ways with the default OS font lol. But yea, forget 10.2 UI, that's long gone now. All they can do now is improve the current one.
    That will do. But I guess that will happen in the next major update anyways.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 11:31 AM
    It's too bad fellow enthusiasts criticize each other when some choose to speak out about what is amounting to a monumental screw-up by BlackBerry.
    I fail to see how I've criticized him. He said he's already made up his mind ( underlined no less) that the Z10 is his last device. This translates that he is not looking for any potential solutions nor does he care about those who agree or disagree. So to that I say, cool see ya.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    03-08-15 11:48 AM
    Get used to it, sadly. Most BlackBerry users really want an Android but live in denial - look at all the "we want Google Play" threads.

It seems to me that BlackBerry will eventually leave the OS world and focus on their main claims to fame - Hub and secure server. They'll either leave the handset completely or sellout to a modified Android OS. All of the moves point to this direction - not to mention the majority of users wanting Google this and Google that.

I don't want this to happen but you can't deny the increasing undertone of Android that haunts us.

emPowered by 
    southlander and vbdwork like this.
    03-08-15 12:01 PM
    I don't know how many of you noticed but in 10.2.1 we had a BlackBerry logo instead of those three lines for toggle menu. But now in 10.3.1 we have those Android like three lines.

Posted via CB10
    That's because the three lines has become a psuedo standard icon to represent menu/options/MORE.

The BlackBerry icon means nothing to many people. Even back in the BBOS days whenever you told someone to press the "menu" key they would look at you like if your seeing things. "Oh, you mean the BlackBerry button!" or worse "ah, the button with those dots".

They said from the outset their hope was to eliminate so called "thinking points". Moments in which the UI makes a user have to think about what to do next instead of just delivering an expected path of interface steps.

I know you like certain things, but there is a reason many interface paradigms are shared amongst many applications (not just limited to mobile devices, but across the Web, electronics, car manufacturers, even appliances).

Think about something as simple as the Tabs in modern browsers,.. those are there to mimic well understood paper "folder tabs". Same with things like check boxes (no one actually draws a check inside of the box when using a Web page), or buttons.

As a UI designer it is your job to make sure you find the right balance between your vision and what the user expects. Unfortunately the majority of users expect what they've become accustomed to in iOS and Android. I think we can all agree that 10.3.1 is not exactly like those, but instead represents BlackBerry's interpretation of what most users understand.

Posted via CB10
    jdesignz, Pdinos3 and habs_fan like this.
    03-08-15 12:08 PM
    Get used to it, sadly. Most BlackBerry users really want an Android but live in denial - look at all the "we want Google Play" threads.

It seems to me that BlackBerry will eventually leave the OS world and focus on their main claims to fame - Hub and secure server. They'll either leave the handset completely or sellout to a modified Android OS. All of the moves point to this direction - not to mention the majority of users wanting Google this and Google that.

I don't want this to happen but you can't deny the increasing undertone of Android that haunts us.

emPowered by 
    Don't be silly. Most of us here want BlackBerry to continue making devices. Unfortunately BB10 alone does not appear to be supporting that goal. As you said, if they don't do something different than what they've been failing at for the past several years, they will likely have to become an app and service provider only.

We don't want Android, but if BlackBerry doesn't at least try it,.. we may have no choice and not even a choice to buy a BlackBerry-designed android device.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan and Spawn12 like this.
    03-08-15 12:12 PM
    Don't be silly. Most of us here want BlackBerry to continue making devices. Unfortunately BB10 alone does not appear to be supporting that goal. As you said, if they don't do something different than what they've been failing at for the past several years, they will likely have to become an app and service provider only.

We don't want Android, but if BlackBerry doesn't at least try it,.. we may have no choice and not even a choice to buy a BlackBerry-designed android device.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not being silly. There's working around the App limitation (runtime and current state) and then there's buying a BlackBerry and wanting an Android. The way people post on here, the latter seems to be the chosen state of things. I'm sorry, but apps are not worth the Androidisation of my BlackBerry.

Yes. I really haven't seen BlackBerry put forth any effort to sell its product, let alone try to make something worthy of winning over new business (innovation and creating a product/service consumers can't live without). It just exists to those who already know about it and continue to want something different. Even the enterprises want iOS/Android because of familiarity and ecosystem.

The more Android BlackBerry becomes, the more I'll be looking elsewhere.

emPowered by 
    southlander likes this.
    03-08-15 12:28 PM

emPowered by 
    Agreed. Hub would be awesome on Android. Along with the native BlackBerry email. Just awesome.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-08-15 12:31 PM
    I agree that the 10.3 UI looks horrible. It just doesn't work on my Q10. Looks like some strange ******* child of Android and Windows Phone that isn't even designed for the smaller screen size the Q10 has. That combined with the horrific amount of bugs and great reduction in battery life lead me to downgrade.

I do hope the new UI is improved upon greatly in the future. It really needs it.
    03-16-15 06:29 AM
61 123