Correct, and when I was running 10.3.1, I did that. What I was referring to with the other apps is that they aren't affected by that configuration setting. In those apps, the action bar always has one or more gaps. For example, the Music app has one square for each menu on each end of the action bar area, and then a nice blue shuffle button in the center. IMO, that looks cheap without adding functionality.
    03-06-15 12:13 PM
    The gaps make it look like something broke off. The buttons just look out of place.
    03-06-15 01:24 PM
    I rather like the action bar hiding, #justsaying
    03-06-15 03:50 PM
    I rather like the action bar hiding, #justsaying
    You mean parts of it hiding...
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    03-06-15 07:17 PM
    Yes and lose countless enhancements to the OS?
    Just because you want a less capable phone because you can't adapt to changes, doesn't mean others shouldn't try it and eventually get used to the new ui
    I see no critical updates for me. Just the opposite - bad inconsistent UI mix between Android and iOS, worse Call Answer screen, worse Phone Dialer, slower Camera autofocus, slower Dropbox access, much worse Calendar, no Flash support (sorry, fact), no customization whatsoever again, fonts issues continue, etc... plus full page of bugs never fixed for months. I already made my decision - BlackBerry Z10 is going to be the last BlackBerry product I own.
    ssbtech and playfoot like this.
    03-06-15 07:22 PM
    I see no critical updates for me. Just the opposite - bad inconsistent UI mix between Android and iOS, worse Call Answer screen, worse Phone Dialer, slower Camera autofocus, slower Dropbox access, much worse Calendar, no Flash support (sorry, fact), no customization whatsoever again, fonts issues continue, etc... plus full page of bugs never fixed for months. I already made my decision - BlackBerry Z10 is going to be the last BlackBerry product I own.
    Wow. Then hopefully we don't have to read anymore of your negativity! Yay!

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    habs_fan likes this.
    03-06-15 07:38 PM
    Don't want to back. 10.3.1 is awesome!!!

Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.1.1581
    denicoespadilla likes this.
    03-06-15 07:51 PM
    Wow. Then hopefully we don't have to read anymore of your negativity! Yay!
    Correct. You don't have to read anything on CB. Like I don't have to like the new OS update.
    03-06-15 08:08 PM
    Cool, see ya.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 and habs_fan like this.
    03-06-15 09:26 PM
    Cool, see ya.
    It's too bad fellow enthusiasts criticize each other when some choose to speak out about what is amounting to a monumental screw-up by BlackBerry.
    03-07-15 12:51 AM
    Or even better solution: allow themes and provide choice between 10.2.1 and 10.3.1 (and why not BBOS!)... Then everyone would be happy!

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! Performance of 10.3.1 and UI of 10.2.1. That should be our new major update.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 01:07 AM
    Well the truth is themes have always on BlackBerry, I'm sure we will have that option too sometime in the future, right now they need to push their efforts towards bettering the current elements of their OS.

Having said that themes are easy to make and could be an easy way to make a buck for developers, and I believe BlackBerry should put them on their priority list one to allow the user to have a custom feel of the device, and more importantly to give developers another way to make cash, and hopefully stick a while longer to the platform.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 01:13 AM
    Customisation, that's where you're wrong, lock screen wallpaper separated, action bar moving on scrolling ect

Then there's the Application UI Themes, devs have the ability to change their Apps Theme, I'm linking it in myself
    03-07-15 02:52 AM
    Customisation, that's where you're wrong, lock screen wallpaper separated...
    You're joking, right?
    03-07-15 05:27 PM
    You're joking, right?
    Well that's the best we are going to get on BlackBerry at the moment. If customisation is that important to u then you can either go back to the older bb's or give Android a try as they seem to have the most customisation at the moment.

Me?? I'm more than impressed with 10.3.1 and wouldn't ever go back to 10.2 or earlier OS. The only thing I'd like to see is a dark hub or a setting that allows a dark theme to be used system wide. But it's not the most important thing for me, I'd rather have more a fluid OS with regards to productivity.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 06:58 AM
    You're joking, right?
    Nope, this is my serious face:
    03-08-15 07:41 AM
    ...or give Android a try as they seem to have the most customisation at the moment.
    I know the difference very well. My main device is high-end Android. Apps I need don't work on BB10.
    03-08-15 08:46 AM
    10.3.1 looks so much better than 10.2....imo of course

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan and denicoespadilla like this.
    03-08-15 08:50 AM
    I don't know how many of you noticed but in 10.2.1 we had a BlackBerry logo instead of those three lines for toggle menu. But now in 10.3.1 we have those Android like three lines.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:07 AM
    BBRY has access to very 'advanced' graphics editing softwares you see.

If GGL, MS and AAPL used *MS Paint* to flatten and modernise the UI/ UX ,
    BBRY used something with 'batch processing' capabilities.

Those who have ever used the Legacy BBOS's Theme Builder and Composer would recognise this fact:

10.3.1 is what happens if you use the TB's batch processing tools to create a new theme and release that theme without testing!

 Q5 / Z30
    03-08-15 09:11 AM
    There's a saying, "less is more" when it comes to designing a website or graphical user interface. The more less your design is, the more it is responsive. You don't make a banner with too much text, rainbow colors, and a photo of yourself because it will surely load slow and too much data will be wasted even you have the fastest internet in the world. Imagine you have this icons in rainbow colors on your homescreen with a dark grey rounded background on each I think that's too much. So a big NO to your great 10.2 OS.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-08-15 09:23 AM
    Similarity to other mobile OS platforms is probably seen as a benefit in the eyes of BlackBerry. That's been the trend. There was the unique call answering screen that later was changed to be more similar to Android. Then there's the Amazon app store integration.

There's no way BlackBerry would revert or offer it as an option in my opinion.

Now if they ever allowed theming that would be an option. But there's no evidence of them allowing themes.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-08-15 09:28 AM
    There's a saying, "less is more" when it comes to designing a website or graphical user interface. The more less your design is, the more it is responsive. You don't make a banner with too much text, rainbow colors, and a photo of yourself because it will surely load slow and too much data will be wasted even you have the fastest internet in the world. Imagine you have this icons in rainbow colors on your homescreen with a dark grey rounded background on each I think that's too much. So a big NO to your great 10.2 OS.
    Just nitpicking here..... ;-)

10.2 wasn't a 'rainbow coloured' anything.

Check out Android to see what 'rainbow coloured' icons are (even Android 5.0 has them).

 Q5 / Z30
    03-08-15 09:39 AM

Check out Android to see what 'rainbow coloured' icons are (even Android 5.0 has them).

 Q5 / Z30
    Agree, atleast they don't have that weird dark grey background! Man, png is already invented why do we stick to bmp and jpg! If you know what I'm saying lol

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-08-15 09:50 AM

 Q5 / Z30
    Exactly. What rainbow you experienced with 10.2? 10.2.1 was unique in itself. 10.3.1 is different too. Just that it resembles so much to Android and iOS that it doesn't make BlackBerry OS unique. Besides, 10.3.1 has a really average UI. Many might like the simplicity of it and I have no problems with that. Why will I have? But at least we should have the option of themes in which we can select a 10.2.1 theme. Now if Android can allow an iOS theme, I guess BlackBerry shouldn't have any problem in allowing their own BlackBerry UI as a theme for their own BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 10:28 AM
61 123