I think we really need to get rid of this Android like UI. It's not only me but even my friends (non BlackBerry users) feel that it is more like Android and that 10.2 was unique. We need to get back at having a unique UI. And I hope BlackBerry understands that. And I really hope that all other BlackBerry users agree with me on this one.

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech, Tatwi, GSM-S and 2 others like this.
    03-05-15 10:05 AM
    Afraid not, flat UI is the way forward in terms of styles for not. Until another kind of UI becomes popular, flat will the kind of UI on every platform

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 10:08 AM
    No way in hell, not after they changed it all, most native Apps would not work, all the advertising/UI for other devices would be gone.

I agree on things like Dialogs, they look so IOS like it's almost identical
    03-05-15 10:10 AM
    They'll have to, if they want people to talk about BlackBerry OS, and trust me, they did, all my non BlackBerry friends liked the 10.2 and now they say that finally BlackBerry showed it's true colors by following the trend. And not that 10.2 was really bad. Why not have the features of 10.3 and have a UI of 10.1? That would make BlackBerry OS so much fantastic. Okay that we got to experience a change with 10.3 but it's not a pleasant one. I don't know if I will ever get to see a unique UI again, but I am hoping very hard for it.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 11:20 AM
    They'll have to, if they want people to talk about BlackBerry OS, and trust me, they did, all my non BlackBerry friends liked the 10.2 and now they say that finally BlackBerry showed it's true colors by following the trend. And not that 10.2 was really bad. Why not have the features of 10.3 and have a UI of 10.1? That would make BlackBerry OS so much fantastic. Okay that we got to experience a change with 10.3 but it's not a pleasant one. I don't know if I will ever get to see a unique UI again, but I am hoping very hard for it.

Posted via CB10
    Lol yeah and how long did you spend admiring the grey boxes behind icons?
    03-05-15 11:32 AM
    Lol yeah and how long did you spend admiring the grey boxes behind icons?
    Seriously? That your only concern?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 11:55 AM
    Weird really, everyone I showed 10.3.1 too likes it, after they called 10.2.1 ****
    03-05-15 12:00 PM
    10.3.1 is a bit boring. 10.2 was special.
    03-05-15 12:11 PM
    Weird really, everyone I showed 10.3.1 too likes it, after they called 10.2.1 ****
    Of course they'll like it. They use the OS that's similar to 10.3.1's UI!

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 12:14 PM
    Seriously I would drop BlackBerry if they went back to anything that resembles 10.2.. I had a phone lately that still had those ugly icons and couldn't get to my computer fast enough to drop an autoload on it. People will find something to complain or dislike about everything you do in life. Can't please everyone so it's best to adapt to changes and be positive about whatever comes along that you have no control over.

Posted via CB10
    denicoespadilla likes this.
    03-05-15 12:41 PM
    Not going to happen.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 12:49 PM
    Yeh right OP, 10.2.1 OS was a blinding success wasn't it?? I mean look at all those iphone and android users that left and went to BlackBerry lol :sarcasm:

Seriously though at first I wasn't too happy about the UI change but now I prefer it, those freaking ugly grey boxes are gone finally. Most of my friends like where bb10 is going, a few have even dumped their iphone's and android's for BlackBerry now.

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha and BionicKris like this.
    03-05-15 01:42 PM
    Well, I guess I'll have to adapt the changes then.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 01:46 PM
    10.3 looks like a dog's breakfast.

What on earth is with the action bar that breaks into pieces when you scroll in the hub? Stupid.
    user5240, playfoot and gvs1341 like this.
    03-05-15 08:12 PM

What on earth is with the action bar that breaks into pieces when you scroll in the hub? Stupid.
    Well you know you can disable that.

10.0 crap
    10.1 even more crap
    10.2 crap but better
    10.2.1 crap but better again (love the newer call screen)
    10.3 nice change
    10.3.1 awesome.
    Whatever happened to all those guys who hated 10.2.1 and swore to never upgrade to it? They eventually adapted and it wasn't as big a deal as they made it. Now some are complaining about 10.3.1.

Bring on 10.3.2 baby! More change!

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 08:19 PM

I agree with you that it's bad design, and serves no purpose, but it can be disabled in the Hub. Unfortunately, apps like Pictures, Music, and BlackBerry Assistant have the same gap-toothed action bar (not affected by scrolling) that can't be disabled.
    03-05-15 08:34 PM
    Well, I guess I'll have to adapt the changes then.
    You don't have to. Just disable automatic updates and keep 10.2 OS. This is what I did.
    ssbtech and gvs1341 like this.
    03-05-15 10:02 PM
    Or even better solution: allow themes and provide choice between 10.2.1 and 10.3.1 (and why not BBOS!)... Then everyone would be happy!

Posted via CB10
    Kanishk Amin and Rowan M like this.
    03-05-15 11:10 PM
    You don't have to. Just disable automatic updates and keep 10.2 OS. This is what I did.
    Yes and lose countless enhancements to the OS?
    Just because you want a less capable phone because you can't adapt to changes, doesn't mean others shouldn't try it and eventually get used to the new ui
    Pdinos3 and habs_fan like this.
    03-06-15 09:08 AM
    I agree with you that it's bad design, and serves no purpose, but it can be disabled in the Hub. Unfortunately, apps like Pictures, Music, and BlackBerry Assistant have the same gap-toothed action bar (not affected by scrolling) that can't be disabled.
    Serves a purpose on my small screen q10...

Posted via CB10
    denicoespadilla likes this.
    03-06-15 10:13 AM
    Seriously I would drop BlackBerry if they went back to anything that resembles 10.2.. I had a phone lately that still had those ugly icons and couldn't get to my computer fast enough to drop an autoload on it. People will find something to complain or dislike about everything you do in life. Can't please everyone so it's best to adapt to changes and be positive about whatever comes along that you have no control over.

Posted via CB10
    You say we have to be positive about whatever change that comes along that we have no control over. You also say you would seriously drop BlackBerry if they change back to 10.2. That's funny! Sounds like you are only tolerant if the change is to your liking (pretty much like the rest of us that are complaining)!
    03-06-15 10:25 AM
    Serves a purpose on my small screen q10...

Posted via CB10
    I have a Q10 as well, and I would agree with you if the entire action bar was hidden while scrolling. However, the two gaps it leaves only provide a partial view of what's behind the action bar, which means I'd have to continue scrolling to read things anyway. That's what I mean by not serving a purpose, and it looks broken doing it.
    ssbtech and playfoot like this.
    03-06-15 10:58 AM
    Gap-toothed

I noticed this in the other apps too and it just looked completely out of place and sloppy.

BlackBerry needs to fire the teenager who designed this crap.
    03-06-15 11:39 AM
    Yes and lose countless enhancements to the OS?
    Just because you want a less capable phone because you can't adapt to changes, doesn't mean others shouldn't try it and eventually get used to the new ui
    If those enhancements come at the cost of losing other features and dealing with a broken looking UI, then yes, I'm happy to not have what I never had before.
    03-06-15 11:41 AM
    It can be disabled for the entire OS. Go to Settings -> display and scroll down. Turn off Hide action bar while scrolling option. This will do what u need...

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 12:05 PM
61 123