Hi all,

For all those blackberry users who recently bought a passport or before that an z30 or other newer bb10 device. What's next if the bb10 os will die bleeding while being replaced by android? I mean will there be any solution for folks that bought a quiet new phone with bb10? Or will we eventually end with an outdated os rendering the phone useless?

I would appreciate if BlackBerry would offer us an voluntarily opt out through an official update to Android just to end things fair. The hardware is just there, even my z30 specs could run android easily.

For the diehard bb10 users, counting myself, we would rather see bb10 will continue developing. Due to obvious reasons I would like you to comment on this idea?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 09:57 PM
    I will probably use my z30 until I wear a hole in it even without is updates but perhaps one route might be a trade in program...a few dollars off or a few months BBM subscription or some other exclusive thanks for bb10 users who are compelled to move to BlackBerry android...

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 10:03 PM
    I will probably use my z30 until I wear a hole in it even without is updates but perhaps one route might be a trade in program...a few dollars off or a few months BBM subscription or some other exclusive thanks for bb10 users who are compelled to move to BlackBerry android...

Posted via CB10
    I would like to see a long term solution, as mentioned above.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 10:12 PM
    It looks like Chen is waiting to see how well the Priv is going to do in the market place first before deciding on the ultimate fate of BB10. On the bright side Blackberry has some government and business contracts that has to have a certain security standard, which means BB10 is the only option. I got a feeling if they do continue BB10 the android runtime will be ripped out, BB10 devices will not be sold in carrier stories, and BB10 development will operate at a snail pace.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 10:47 PM
    BB10 is not going to die bleeding just because new BlackBerry devices will be Android. Your BB1O phone and the excellent just as it is BlackBerry 10 OS will continue to function, just don't expect any major new features or devices.
    11-17-15 12:48 AM
    It makes total sense. Android cannot be that difficult to compile for the whole range of devices. I guess there are drivers for all kind of internal specs. Compiling Android for Q10, Z30 and Passport would give BB a transition path for their customers and a portfolio of devices for their industrial customers.
    That is why I supose they will not do it. Very little technology firms make clever decisions except if it is too late.
    11-17-15 06:57 AM
    I think it would be nice if they compile android for everyone, if not just for not ripping the blackberry community.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 09:03 AM
    I don't see BlackBerry porting Android to their current BB10 phones at all.

We already know that 10.3.3 is on the way early next year. They are in maintenance mode from here on out. That can take BB10 through the next two years.

Unless something drastic happens.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 10:37 AM
    Blackberry should offer something better(port android) or stay developing bb10.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 02:43 PM
    I've got a nice dusty playbook I can sell ya. The promised Blackberry support is "coming soon".
    11-17-15 02:50 PM
    I've got a nice dusty playbook I can sell ya. The promised Blackberry support is "coming soon".
    What do u mean exactly?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 04:00 PM
    Nobody knows...

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 04:26 PM