I doubt it. Google has become increasingly browser centric. They want to have full control of the app at all times. They don't want be tied to an app store.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:27 PM
    They are not making Android more appealing by withholding services. All they're doing is disappointing a long time Google supporter.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 01:29 AM
    maps.google.com works well for us transit users.

when searching for directions, the blue arrow doesn't seem to work if you aren't signed into your google account. this frustrated me for the longest time!...
    07-07-13 03:21 AM
    We need a native app. Period. BlackBerry maps doesn't provide walking directions. The side loaded Google maps is a joke. And no I don't think the browser version works like a charm at all.

Here's a little story from last weekend:
    I was out with a couple of colleagues from work. We were having some beers in a bar and wanted to go to another place to meet some more people. Someone asked "does anyone know how to get there?"
    I'd be like "let me search for it"
    I would then pull out my blackberry and search for it on blackberry maps. I found the place but remembered I couldn't get walking directions (the place was in walking range) so what to do? I could have made a guess which direction we have to go but people were already like "what's up, got it already?" I gave up and my buddy just did it on his iPhone in 3 seconds. Entered the address, clicked on the compass mode button to see what direction we have to go and done.

Not cool.
    And now im asking you: no matter what the z10 CAN do - Why would my buddy trade in his iPhone for my blackberry when it can't even do simple things like that?

Posted via CB10
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    07-07-13 07:51 AM
    I've had similar maps experiences, wherein I fail and ask who has an iphone. BlackBerry looks useless and Apple saves the day again. Nobody is going to switch until there is a competent maps app for walking.
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    07-07-13 07:58 AM
    Ditto on similar experiences. The BB native map app is basically useless unless you're driving and only for immediate trips. You can't specify a starting point and it is virtually useless unless you have a specific street address (unlike Google maps, it does not readily recognize hotel/restaurant/store names etc).

It also is useless for international travel to many locations around the world (and I'm not talking some remote point either, I'm talking major international cities like Stockholm).
    07-07-13 11:15 AM
31 12