Waiting for an app or game update on BlackBerry right now, (according to news reports on the large number of fakers and ghost profiles), is like waiting for a "woman" to respond to you on Ashley Madison.
    That an hilarious analogy, and pretty accurate! I guess it's a matter of each person's unique set of requirements. I never find myself "waiting for an app or game update" so I don't perceive a problem with BB10. I have what I need now and don't feel like anything is missing at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    Joshu42 likes this.
    09-17-15 01:53 PM
    Bought a leap. Nice phone. But it's obvious BlackBerry is abandoning bb10. And I don't mean it's going to happen tomorrow. But as a buyer I need some reasonable confidence that the os will be supported for a reasonable amount of time. Right now I have no road map, no company message beyond boilerplate platitudes, a fast departing developer community and an android runtime that's 3 versions behind with no hope of an update. Sorry BlackBerry. I'll return the leap sadly, but not without reason. I'm out. Best of luck to you.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 09:02 PM
    Here's a related question, it's two-fold:

1. Is this BlackBerry venice replacing BB10 itself? More succinctly, does the introduction of the Venice signal the official end of BB10 by Blackberry?
    2. Since, apparently, cascades (swiping) is absent from the android-skinned Venice, how will the blackberry hub work? Is this new hub just another android app (there are a number of mail apps in Google Play that already mimic hub to varying extents)

Finally, as a classic BlackBerry fan (keyboard and mail/contact centric device), can I expect the BB experience on an android device to be a major letdown or a just an inferior experience?
    09-18-15 03:21 PM
    This is a depressing thread. I was hoping they would have done 10.4 with a new GUI.

Would be cool if they changed the animation so that when you swipe up to minimize the app, it would have the effect of flipping a book page horizontally. They can do that by tapering the top and skewing the frame to give the illusion you're flipping it down. It'll land on the backdrop by flipping in two revolutions like flipping a coin with your thumb but it sticks to the wallpaper.

Next they can allow to change size on the active frames. For instance, make the weather app have the option to be minimized in either one active frame in width, or two, allowing it to display more info and make it active frame more appealing visually. Then you can pin it.

Just dress it up a bit. Bb10 is great because it works, but its too bland and could really use some sprucing up without sacrificing the UI.

you guys know what i mean? I wish i could photoshop this and put it in gif form to show my vision.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by vgorous; 09-18-15 at 09:27 PM.
    09-18-15 09:14 PM
    Bought a leap. Nice phone. But it's obvious BlackBerry is abandoning bb10. And I don't mean it's going to happen tomorrow. But as a buyer I need some reasonable confidence that the os will be supported for a reasonable amount of time. Right now I have no road map, no company message beyond boilerplate platitudes, a fast departing developer community and an android runtime that's 3 versions behind with no hope of an update. Sorry BlackBerry. I'll return the leap sadly, but not without reason. I'm out. Best of luck to you.

Posted via CB10
    Well said.

--STV
    09-20-15 11:30 PM
    At this point they must realise that their silence on the issue is harming sales, and yet they remain silent. To me that says they they believe them telling the truth would harm sales even more than silence. So I am not overly optimistic about the truth.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 12:28 AM
    At this point they must realise that their silence on the issue is harming sales, and yet they remain silent. To me that says they they believe them telling the truth would harm sales even more than silence. So I am not overly optimistic about the truth.

Posted via CB10
    I think that is a rational inference. There are other possibilities:

1) They do not believe that sales are being materially affected (We shouldn't fool ourselves that what's said on Crackberry.com affects the mobile market very much!)

2) They do not know the future and are deferring decisions until they see how the Venice launch goes.

3) They are concerned that talking about BB10 may negatively affect the Venice launch by confusing potential buyers.

Of course it could be a combination of the above as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 11:02 AM
    This is a depressing thread. I was hoping they would have done 10.4 with a new GUI.

Would be cool if they changed the animation so that when you swipe up to minimize the app, it would have the effect of flipping a book page horizontally. They can do that by tapering the top and skewing the frame to give the illusion you're flipping it down. It'll land on the backdrop by flipping in two revolutions like flipping a coin with your thumb but it sticks to the wallpaper.

Next they can allow to change size on the active frames. For instance, make the weather app have the option to be minimized in either one active frame in width, or two, allowing it to display more info and make it active frame more appealing visually. Then you can pin it.

Just dress it up a bit. Bb10 is great because it works, but its too bland and could really use some sprucing up without sacrificing the UI.

you guys know what i mean? I wish i could photoshop this and put it in gif form to show my vision.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android

Nah, the current Animations lag as it is,

Regarding Active Frames, pointless, barely any devs including myself really want to design more active frame sizes, it's a pain in the *** as it is.

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    09-21-15 11:09 AM
    Good points.

1. Yes I agree. But hard to tell the degree, as I don't really know any BB users whom I would consider mainstream. I think at this piont, there are very few 'regular' BB users left, generally it feels like only the hardcore remain.
    2. This is kind of what I am getting at. I am certain they would have boiled it down to a few different scenarios, and I imagine none of those scenarios bode well for BB10, hence they don't want to talk about it. I was wondering if their obligation to speak to stuff like this as a publicly traded company.
    3. This is also possible, but I would counter that hard core users wouldn't be confused, and main stream users haven't heard of Venice.

But all in all yeah, likely a bit of all of these are true.
    09-21-15 11:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, and not to keep utilizing the same talking point, but we all must keep in mind that optimism may be misplaced and unrealistic.

This is coming from a company that the day before was "committed" to the PlayBook, and the very next day it was end of life.

This is why it's going to take much more than a simple statement or two to prove to me that BlackBerry 10 is still under active development. Because on the contrary, all evidence available shows the opposite is true.

--STV
    09-22-15 12:20 PM
    Yes, and not to keep utilizing the same talking point, but we all must keep in mind that optimism may be misplaced and unrealistic.

This is coming from a company that the day before was "committed" to the PlayBook, and the very next day it was end of life.

This is why it's going to take much more than a simple statement or two to prove to me that BlackBerry 10 is still under active development. Because on the contrary, all evidence available shows the opposite is true.

--STV
    I am with you here. I bought the PlayBook because rim promised bb10, therefore now seeing is believing.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 12:40 PM
    I am with you here. I bought the PlayBook because rim promised bb10, therefore now seeing is believing.

Posted via CB10
    ****, I bought 3 PlayBook's and have 2 BB10's. When would be the proper time to stop believing.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 07:20 AM
162 ... 567