Going Android will be the final nail in the BlackBerry hardware business.
    I think Blackberry will try to maintain a hardware presence before abandoning hardware altogether. So to keep up with appearances, it would be sensible to ditch BB10 and bet on full Android devices before calling it a day. I assumed Blackberry sees no future in BB10 devices.
    08-15-15 01:29 PM
    Why even go further - it's a super OS...and when androids apps can be loaded also if they update - this would be my choice...BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 01:50 PM
    Dead and buried. Bb10

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 03:46 PM
    Well considering they're moving towards having a "secure android" type pf system in place and are working with Knox, among others, to secure Android there may be a future where android apps can be pushed through a BES device.

Posted via CB10
    BES 12 already can do that, but it has to be an iOS or Android app running on that platform.
    08-15-15 03:47 PM
    I think Blackberry will try to maintain a hardware presence before abandoning hardware altogether. So to keep up with appearances, it would be sensible to ditch BB10 and bet on full Android devices before calling it a day. I assumed Blackberry sees no future in BB10 devices.
    But what is the benefit of just being another Android hardware device when there are so many to choose from?
    muindor likes this.
    08-15-15 03:48 PM
    EOL...well, I remember when I was on my Bold 9900 and OS 10 came out and I found out that my Bold would not get that OS...but then the Bold became really really slow and I got the Z10. Pow! Happy bunny again. Then as OS 10 got better my battery lasted less and less as I used more things on it than before...so I got the Z30. Pow! Happy little Thumper once more. I assume, and always do with all devices, no matter by which company, that EOL is inevitable. You check out the new generation OS and devices and hopefully the happy bunny returns. Put it this way, who is still happily using their iPhone 1 as a smartphone? I still have an original ipad and yes it does very little, apps wise...but it still works...you settle for what you have or you move on.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 01:12 PM
    New windows phone as no z10 or BlackBerry 10.4 ****ty way to treat customers and developers

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 01:23 PM
    New windows phone as no z10 or BlackBerry 10.4 ****ty way to treat customers and developers

Posted via CB10
    To be fair, I think keeping all the devices updated this long has actually been really nice to the customers.

The problem is developers. You **** them off and they won't build for you, and you will lose both devs and customers.

And yeah, Blackberry started off treating developers well, but it quickly went downhill, especially under Chen.

You just have to look at windows. "Developers, developers, developers."

The company is being ran by one now, and while win10 still has some issues, you can make damn sure that they'll be working on them and fixing them, not to mention the free upgrade.

I understand that Blackberry is nowhere near the size of Microsoft but they can at least try.

FML
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    08-16-15 01:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry always treated developers badly. Then it all changed with the release of BB10. Then as so as things didn't go well, they packed it in and ignored developers again. No wonder there is no native apps. Did they actually think that a new OS would be accepted right away? It takes time and BlackBerry wants instant results. Windows is moving forward and BlackBerry stopped.
    08-16-15 04:11 PM
    There will not be a 10.4. BlackBerry will only create fixes and security updates for BlackBerry 10. They have stopped future work on new features for BlackBerry 10. The proof?

https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...loads/roadmap/

This is the translation.

Attachment 366775

If they were planning new features for BlackBerry 10, they would have to give preview access for developers. Since it takes months to release a major update, and they give developers access for months to test the new release, having no road map means the road is a dead end.

Once again, BlackBerry has abandoned those who support the platform.
    Just like they did with the PlayBook

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 04:58 PM
    Problem with the super security needs is that you need to have an OS that gets new features. Killing BB10 native development means the niche dies too.

You also tick off the last of the BlackBerry supporters by selling them a phone now that never gets updated. Selling a EOL product as new is a bad business move.
    Silver edition Passport heading back to digital river right now.
    Alain_A likes this.
    08-16-15 05:05 PM
    So a man walks in to his doctor's office and says " I am dying ". Eventually he will be right. Best thing to do is live life and stop worrying about it.

Posted via CB10
    spookyentertainment and Mdogz like this.
    08-16-15 05:50 PM
    So a man walks in to his doctor's office and says " I am dying ". Eventually he will be right. Best thing to do is live life and stop worrying about it.

Posted via CB10
    So everyone should stick their heads in the sand and hope for the best. Not a smart business plan.
    Me2 likes this.
    08-16-15 08:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Three mobile operating systems walk into a bar...
    08-16-15 08:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Actually, he is always right. Praise be to the gods who control all fortune and destiny!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    Me2 likes this.
    08-16-15 09:19 PM
    There is ZEROproof of a slider running Android...only rumors and crappy photoshop. The saturation of Android material and Apple material on the Internet is nothing new. July 2015 BB10....10.3.2.2226 OS came out. I updated the leak on My ATT Passport. Now I also have a Silver Edition Passport running 10.3.2.2226 out of the box. Where exactly do you think leaks come from?? The forum threads on leaks is what should be paid attention to, along with those of us who have betazone installed, blackberry link and blend running on our computers.

IF I want latest android news I go to XDA developers or CM....not android central where it's amature hour and people are still trying to figure out their new security features on lollipop.

IF I want info on IOS, I go to the jailbreak sites where I have to translate the Chinese pages into english...I don't go to imore where the majority of the discussion is navigating itunes when ibox/ifile is so much better.

The Majority as you know is not all that bright, following the big crowd never pays off.

Flying Spaghetti Monster. SQW-100-4. 10.3.2.2226
    08-17-15 12:37 AM
    Hopefully they will not stop BB10 development. My mum has had the Z30 and currently has the Passport and she loves the Passport the best! And I'm gonna buy first BB10 device before the end of the year (hopefully the slider with BB10, else probably the Passport). We're both regular customers, no business users. So if BB wants new users like me, they have to continue BB10.
    08-17-15 05:31 AM
    Hopefully they will not stop BB10 development. My mum has had the Z30 and currently has the Passport and she loves the Passport the best! And I'm gonna buy first BB10 device before the end of the year (hopefully the slider with BB10, else probably the Passport). We're both regular customers, no business users. So if BB wants new users like me, they have to continue BB10.
    Sadly, BlackBerry stopped development of BB10 9 months ago. No road map for developers to follow.
    08-17-15 06:20 AM
    Sadly, BlackBerry stopped development of BB10 9 months ago. No road map for developers to follow.
    The only road map we heard of is "1-2 devices per year", which means definitely no tablet and whatever they will add to BB 10, it can probably run on all old devices (incl Q5) when there are no new ones.

Now, the latter would be basically rather good news (long support is always great), but I wouldn't expect a firework of new software-developments for the relatively outdated BB 10 hardware.
    Vistaus likes this.
    08-17-15 08:40 AM
    Happy to hear that. BlackBerry should hire sundar.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-17-15 10:51 AM
    If you guys follow /r/blackberry on Reddit, you'll see that some guy's brother stated the early Passport prototypes was running Android, but they ditched it. Now with the slider, it may or may not run Android. However, it seems likely that it will.

Look, as long as they continue to provide some sort of update for the current (or newer) BlackBerry devices for at least another year or so, it won't bug me that they're testing out Android with the upcoming Slider.

I don't want BB10 to end up like the PlayBook 2.2 update. We all know what happened after that.
    08-17-15 12:41 PM
    Total lie.

08-17-15 02:03 PM
    You need something from 2013-present. That is quite outdated.

08-17-15 02:04 PM
    Total lie.

OK. Prove it. Where is the road map for developers to test for new upcoming features? Where are the new and updated subsystems like Qt5 for BlackBerry 10? Where are all the new developer resources for native app developers?

What proof do you have to prove me wrong?
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-17-15 02:14 PM
    It is increasingly starting to sound like 10.4 will be released shortly after PlayBook OS 2.2...

Posted via CB10
    2.2 is gonna be on the 10" 4G playbook. Thats what i heard, anyway. 😛
    08-17-15 02:27 PM
162 ... 23456 ...