There will not be a 10.4. BlackBerry will only create fixes and security updates for BlackBerry 10. They have stopped future work on new features for BlackBerry 10. The proof?

https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...loads/roadmap/

This is the translation.

Attachment 366775

If they were planning new features for BlackBerry 10, they would have to give preview access for developers. Since it takes months to release a major update, and they give developers access for months to test the new release, having no road map means the road is a dead end.

Once again, BlackBerry has abandoned those who support the platform.
    I wish I could argue with you, but I can't. I think you've nailed it here. The Dev site is a ghost town; they're not even maintaining the pretense of activity.

The only observation I can add is that by this point they don't have many options.
    08-14-15 12:25 PM
    Why waste time on pointless speculation that will most likely be proven wrong over time? No one here knows exactly what the future holds.

Posted via CB10
    I can assure you that this is not a pointless but a fully warranted speculation with good certainty to boot. Take a look at the direction Blackberry is heading and you get a good feel of what they are doing with their software and devices business. The share price is a good indication. Do you want to be 80% sure or 100% sure?
    08-14-15 12:36 PM
    Why waste time on pointless speculation that will most likely be proven wrong over time? No one here knows exactly what the future holds.

Posted via CB10
    Why not? No harm, just something to shoot the bull about. Like wasting time speculating who will win the Superbowl.
    Davidoff65 likes this.
    08-14-15 12:38 PM
    Why not? No harm, just something to shoot the bull about. Like wasting time speculating who will win the Superbowl.
    Fair enough.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 12:38 PM
    What exactly is OS 10 if not software? Everyone keeps thinking gloom and doom because they are pivoting to focus more on software but QNX and OS10 are just that software.
    OK, non OS software, BB apps for other platforms, QNX, etc. Most of the 'excited' type posts on twitter now are always about QNX, I think that is where they are really focusing. All the OS10 posts are the same drab ones, 'how to put your name on the lockscreen', ' how to change yoursound profile'.
    08-14-15 12:40 PM
    The pic posted with dead end was photoshopped .

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    It took a bit of time to sink in what was done, but I eventually got it.
    08-14-15 12:42 PM
    I can assure you that this is not a pointless but a fully warranted speculation with good certainty to boot. Take a look at the direction Blackberry is heading and you get a good feel of what they are doing with their software and devices business. The share price is a good indication. Do you want to be 80% sure or 100% sure?
    I can see what direction BlackBerry is going and it's sad. In fact, they seem lost, rather than having a clear "direction". I know - "enterprise"...but they have been trying different ways to tie a handset business in to that strategy, unsuccessfully. But the question is whether or not there will be a 10.4, and despite people here claiming to know for sure, and despite the fact that it may seem unlikely - no one here knows.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 12:44 PM
    There won't be anything new for developers, so native apps won't grow
    This probably means the android runtime is getting one hell of a boost or were going Android for apps.
    08-14-15 12:50 PM
    I can see what direction BlackBerry is going and it's sad. In fact, they seem lost, rather than having a clear "direction". I know - "enterprise"...but they have been trying different ways to tie a handset business in to that strategy, unsuccessfully. But the question is whether or not there will be a 10.4, and despite people here claiming to know for sure, and despite the fact that it may seem unlikely - no one here knows.

Posted via CB10
    Well, based on the direction that their devices business is heading and its so low volume sales, does it make sense to come out with a 10.4. It would be throwing resources at a lost cause. But if it is just to keep BB10 alive until further notice, then an update every 6 or 9 months and longer would be operational beneficial and reduce users neglect. Not forgetting their developers would have moved on to greener pasture by now.
    08-14-15 12:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree :-)
    08-14-15 01:27 PM
    Totally agree :-)
    Why waste time reading speculative type threads and posting that you don't like them, if a person doesn't like speculation lol

Don't take this wrong, but to me, it's kinda like crackberry is a big virtual room, there are many groups of people standing around in circles talking (threads), someone walks in the big room, walks over to one of the circles (clicks on a thread) listens to what the conversation is (reading thread), then says "Stop talking about this, I don't like this conversation".
    FF22, Smitty13 and nappalonia like this.
    08-14-15 01:31 PM

Also curious is it only shows 10.3.1 development, not 10.3.2 as is currently released.
    The Road Map is for API Levels, 10.3.1 was the last Public API Level change
    jmr1015 and Rustybronco like this.
    08-14-15 01:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    My post(s) will not be proven wrong over time. BlackBerry has no future plans for BlackBerry 10 OS.
    08-14-15 03:53 PM
    What exactly is OS 10 if not software? Everyone keeps thinking gloom and doom because they are pivoting to focus more on software but QNX and OS10 are just that software.
    So is that wonderful product that they call BBLink - hmmmm.
    08-14-15 04:20 PM
    My post(s) will not be proven wrong over time. BlackBerry has no future plans for BlackBerry 10 OS.
    I hope you are proven wrong but I don't think you are wrong!
    08-14-15 04:23 PM
    Well, I've already gone out and got an Android device. Getting ready for the transition.

FML
    08-14-15 04:43 PM
    At this point, BlackBerry isn't encouraging general app development. Why bother updating the public en mass when you're only working closely with a few developers? (i.e. health care apps) They can still continue BB10 enhancements to update old devices and support new ones without having to be public with it.
    08-14-15 04:47 PM
    Only time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 04:52 PM
    IMO.... Everything in the latest OS 10.3.2.2339 is perfect.
    But, who really knows WHAT they'll surprise us with?

They brought back a great Batman!
    They brought back a great Superman!

So, who knows about 10-4! In the meantime......take this thread and

Will there even be a 10.4?-danno.png
    08-14-15 06:37 PM
    What you will see first is the Z10, Q10, Z30 and perhaps other early devices will hit end of support. then the remaining ones may get another update.

If not then you better like a physical KB to use a BBRY device whatever OS it runs.
    08-14-15 10:21 PM
    I just bought this bloody Classic. I hope to have this phone for at least a year. And get updates.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    08-14-15 10:47 PM
    Will there even be a 10.4?-img_20150815_111803.jpg

I'm assuming that BlackBerry is cooking something internally only on their kitchen. On momentics ide the available api is up to 10.3 gold only no update available.
    08-14-15 11:31 PM
    If this thing dies with 10.3.2.2339 and couple of updates down the road, as long as I end up with a 4 day battery use, am not going to diss Blackberry
    08-14-15 11:35 PM
    Will there even be a 10.4?-bbroadmap.jpg

I don't think so... see this one, especially the finer details in smaller white text.
    08-15-15 01:18 AM
    Without pointless speculation CrackBerry would implode.
    Its what we do here.
    Seriously how did you not notice?
    08-15-15 02:28 AM
162 1234 ...