Does anyone know if the recent split between blackberry and tmobile will effect future software updates being released for blackberry 10 devices running on tmobile (usa)?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 02:32 PM
    I believe the T-Mo release indicated that they will still support customers that have existing BlackBerry devices, or those that purchase new ones elsewhere to run on the T-Mo network. "Support" should include updates.
    04-15-14 02:39 PM
    I believe the T-Mo release indicated that they will still support customers that have existing BlackBerry devices, or those that purchase new ones elsewhere to run on the T-Mo network. "Support" should include updates.
    My Q10 is running on tmobile, but I brought it strait from blackberry unlocked. Do I even have to wait for tmobile, or will I be getting the update from blackberry directly?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 02:55 PM
    Official updates will be pushed out to you based on the sim card installed. The T-Mo sim means that you'll be getting the updates T-Mo releases. That said, there are always the "leaks" and unofficially using another carrier's update via Sachesi. It all depends on your comfort level in going outside the official carrier route.
    04-15-14 03:15 PM
    Official updates will be pushed out to you based on the sim card installed. The T-Mo sim means that you'll be getting the updates T-Mo releases. That said, there are always the "leaks" and unofficially using another carrier's update via Sachesi. It all depends on your comfort level in going outside the official carrier route.
    That sucks. I prefer using official software releases, regardless of platform. This will probably make me go back android.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 11:01 PM
    T-Mobile did state that they will continue to support BlackBerry customers. In the event they don't, there are still plenty of ways to update.

Sachesi and leaks are official, they all come from BlackBerry. You mentioned you have a unlocked device from BlackBerry. So if you have a non-carrier branded device, you should be able to remove your sim and it will look to BlackBerry for updates.

Posted via telegraph
    04-16-14 01:16 AM
    Yes, my q10 is strait from blackberry, unbranded. I sure hope removing the sim works. Has this method been confirmed to actually work?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 01:26 AM
    Yes, my q10 is strait from blackberry, unbranded. I sure hope removing the sim works. Has this method been confirmed to actually work?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. 6th comment down http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=924021

Posted via telegraph
    04-16-14 01:48 AM
    I have always bought my BlackBerry OS10 devices unlocked from Canada and I have always received the latest updates from BlackBerry. I even received the 10.2.1.2 update before T Mobile officially released it here in the US and I never had to take out my T Mobile sim card.

I have had good luck buying my BlackBerry devices from Canadian sellers and will continue to do so. I am lucky because I am 15 minutes from Windsor and 40 minutes from Sarnia Ontario.

I find the Canadian folks to be very honest and trustworthy people and have even helped me when I have had a BlackBerry warranty issue in the past.

Sent from z30 on T Mobile USA 10.2.1.2160
    daveycrocket likes this.
    04-16-14 05:03 AM
    My Q10 is running on tmobile, but I brought it strait from blackberry unlocked. Do I even have to wait for tmobile, or will I be getting the update from blackberry directly?

Posted via CB10
    What

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 08:25 AM
    That sucks. I prefer using official software releases, regardless of platform. This will probably make me go back android.

Posted via CB10
    Sachesi & Autoloaders can supply the official software releases wether you use some1 else's links or create the os archives yourself

I guess it's just me but this T-Mobile separation thing doesn't scare me
    T-Mobile is slow w/ updates & I know this So, I install leaks everytime a new 1 is open to my model Right now I'm running 2947 & if a newer interface update doesn't come before a new Qdevice I'm just going to buy a new 1 from BlackBerry & don't wish to part w/ T-Mobile because I have a decade & some relationship w/ them but if I'm forced by the time of a new purchase then I'm forced but not back to an iPhone or Droid like a traitor
    I'd just switch services/carriers

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 08:34 AM
    I have always bought my BlackBerry OS10 devices unlocked from Canada and I have always received the latest updates from BlackBerry. I even received the 10.2.1.2 update before T Mobile officially released it here in the US and I never had to take out my T Mobile sim card.

I have had good luck buying my BlackBerry devices from Canadian sellers and will continue to do so. I am lucky because I am 15 minutes from Windsor and 40 minutes from Sarnia Ontario.

I find the Canadian folks to be very honest and trustworthy people and have even helped me when I have had a BlackBerry warranty issue in the past.

Sent from z30 on T Mobile USA 10.2.1.2160
    I bought my BlackBerry from T-Mobile
    They pushed 2228 weeks ago on my device

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 08:36 AM
    I bought my BlackBerry from T-Mobile
    They pushed 2228 weeks ago on my device

Posted via CB10
    Great, but I had the 10.2.1.2 OTA update weeks before T Mobile decided to push out their official one. That was the point I was trying to make.

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    04-17-14 05:17 AM
    Great, but I had the 10.2.1.2 OTA update weeks before T Mobile decided to push out their official one. That was the point I was trying to make.

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    My point is the question of the thread No matter the device be unlocked or shipped from a carrier & offered a delayed release or an exclusive 1, it is still pushed eventually

Ask some1 who installs leaks or official softwares not yet released to their carrier's consumers or countries like an addict they could not care if their BlackBerry was from the manufacturer or the Carrier because it is still updated w/ the latest software official or leaked by their own means regardless

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 06:38 PM