Just wondering...cuz I just updated to 10.3.1 and absolutely LOVE it. However, I am curious as to what happens to OTA updates in the future? Do we still receive them like the stock OS do? Or we are on our own from now on when it comes to the future os updates...?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 08:26 PM
    Nobody has an experience on that?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 08:47 PM
    Yes you will

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 08:51 PM
    Yes you will

Posted via CB10
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 09:06 PM
    Technically, you will. But in reality you won't. You ask me why I say this? Simple, one's always afraid of messing with leaks and all that, BUT when you try it for yourself, you realize it's much more easy than you think, and not that dangerous if you took all the precautions. And when that moment comes, you'll find yourself downloading all the latest leaks as they come available (because you won't bother yourself waiting 6 months for an official update) and for that reason, you will always be ahead of official updates, and this is why you won't receive official updates via OTA. Lol, I've been installing leaks since 10.1 and I forgot even what OTA updates looks like.
    12-17-14 09:43 PM
    Technically, you will. But in reality you won't. You ask me why I say this? Simple, one's always afraid of messing with leaks and all that, BUT when you try it for yourself, you realize it's much more easy than you think, and not that dangerous if you took all the precautions. And when that moment comes, you'll find yourself downloading all the latest leaks as they come available (because you won't bother yourself waiting 6 months for an official update) and for that reason, you will always be ahead of official updates, and this is why you won't receive official updates via OTA. Lol, I've been installing leaks since 10.1 and I forgot even what OTA updates looks like.
    This is an assumption and is not true for many of us. Yes, I do run a leak but I don't go and install every leak that is available...

To answer OPs question... most likely, yes, you will get ota update but it will be very small, updating just the parts of the OS that are newer than what you already have..

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.1151)
    12-18-14 02:06 AM
    Lol I get what you mean. I did exactly that with my 9900, always downloading the latest leak OS and install it ahead of the OTA.

Posted via CB10
    BSar likes this.
    12-18-14 03:18 AM
    @sajko11

Thanks, yeah I was wondering about this question because I was thinking if installing a leak, does that render my device unrecognizable to the OTA in the future.

But sounds like the OTA will also recognize devices that installed a leak, and that's assuring to know

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 03:20 AM
    By the time you get official OTA update, there will be highly likely that a leak of a higher build is already out.
    And you will be in the middle of between updating via OTA or jump on another leak wagon.

Posted via Astro Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154
    12-18-14 03:32 AM
    This is an assumption and is not true for many of us. Yes, I do run a leak but I don't go and install every leak that is available...

To answer OPs question... most likely, yes, you will get ota update but it will be very small, updating just the parts of the OS that are newer than what you already have..

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.1151)
    I know you're right about a lot of people not installing every leak that comes out, I was just trying to make some fun since the question was already answered before my comment. Sorry if that bothered you. All good
    12-18-14 07:29 AM
    Can't wait for next week!

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    01-22-15 03:18 AM