Hey

So I'm wondering if the audio is a problem caused by updating instead of freshly installing 10.3.1 on my phone.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Do they know if it will work? I just don't understand how some phones are having the problem but not all of them.

So yeah basically my question is, if I factory restart my phone and then download the new OS again will it fix my low notification audio.

Thanks

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-21-15 03:44 PM
    Wont hurt if you try it, nothing to lose

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    02-21-15 03:49 PM
    Wont hurt if you try it, nothing to lose

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    are you experiencing any audio problems yourself?

02-21-15 03:51 PM
    are you experiencing any audio problems yourself?

My audio is good but I'm using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    bER1Nry likes this.
    02-21-15 03:53 PM
    I don't seem to be getting any sounds coming through when new texts or bbms come in...its vibrates but no "ding"...anybody help?
    02-21-15 04:07 PM
    I see you have Q10 in your signature. I upgraded my Q10 OTA when prompted and everything went smoothly or so I thought.

After missing a couple of calls, I realised that the ringer volume had reduced considerably. This is quite a nuisance for me so I tried to fix it.

After reading some of the posts here I found that I was not alone, there many suggestions to be found but none worked for me, I've tried:

Setting full volume in Notifications and in the new notification sub menus.
    Finding louder tones.
    Backup, security wipe & restore.
    Security wipe & painstaking manual reconfiguration (6 mail accounts, many contacts, docs, apps etc.)

Had plenty of trouble along the way with link, contacts not syncing properly etc.

Ended up with a really clean installation but the pre 10.3 notification volume was not restored at any stage. Took me most of the day, nearly had a sense of humour failure.

I've decided to watch and wait before doing anything else. Hopefully someone will find a solution, maybe BlackBerry will find a solution. See, I still have my sense of humour.

Posted via CB10
    Magnetox likes this.
    02-21-15 04:43 PM
    I see you have Q10 in your signature. I upgraded my Q10 OTA when prompted and everything went smoothly or so I thought.

After missing a couple of calls, I realised that the ringer volume had reduced considerably. This is quite a nuisance for me so I tried to fix it.

After reading some of the posts here I found that I was not alone, there many suggestions to be found but none worked for me, I've tried:

Setting full volume in Notifications and in the new notification sub menus.
    Finding louder tones.
    Backup, security wipe & restore.
    Security wipe & painstaking manual reconfiguration (6 mail accounts, many contacts, docs, apps etc.)

Had plenty of trouble along the way with link, contacts not syncing properly etc.

Ended up with a really clean installation but the pre 10.3 notification volume was not restored at any stage. Took me most of the day, nearly had a sense of humour failure.

I've decided to watch and wait before doing anything else. Hopefully someone will find a solution, maybe BlackBerry will find a solution. See, I still have my sense of humour.

Posted via CB10
    I see, that is a lot of trouble to put yourself through and even after the fresh OS reinstall it didnt fix the problem is what I'm getting from this? correct me if I'm wrong

02-21-15 04:50 PM
    Backup, security wipe, restore seems to be a hit or miss for the Q10. However, for other models (like passport) it HAS restored notification sound to normal volume.

Zwiped from my Zed, Awaiting 10.3.1...
    02-21-15 04:54 PM
    Backup, security wipe, restore seems to be a hit or miss for the Q10. However, for other models (like passport) it HAS restored notification sound to normal volume.

Zwiped from my Zed, Awaiting 10.3.1...
    I guess I'm going to give it a try because it's my only hope and I'm not waiting for BlackBerry to fix it for me

02-21-15 06:05 PM
    Hi, I may have to have a go at security wiping as a phone without proper notification is nigh on useless, but I'm not a techie so am worried…
    Does Link back up and restore everything including all messages and 3rd party apps?
    Thanks!
    02-22-15 07:06 AM