Will there be anyone still developing apps for BB10 since the announcement BlackBerry isn't making handsets in house any longer ? Who will continue app development for BB10 and for the existing apps, from here forward ?

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S7
    09-29-16 01:06 PM
    That's up to the developers of those apps to decide.

For BlackBerry's part, they will only be providing one or two minor security updates to the OS.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and glwerry like this.
    09-29-16 01:08 PM
    09-29-16 01:09 PM
    Highly doubtful outside of a few loyal fan developers.

Posted via the 5X
    09-29-16 01:19 PM
    I still get regular app updates and they are not always just 'bug fixes'. There's also a new app coming in every once in a while. For example, yesterday a dev presented his new app DJ Pro here on the forums. So there are still some devs willing to create new apps and maintain existing apps. But not a whole lot of 'em. So we'll see what'll happen in the coming months.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-30-16 12:00 AM
    As far as I see it's already very, very quiet. The one and only app (on my device) which has still regular (monthly?) updates is Neutron. And the only movement in BB World is among some Android apps. Many apps seem to be dead already for months, there is nothing to continue except their deadness.
    09-30-16 12:30 AM
    BlackBerry world is dead. Better move onto google playstore.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 03:51 AM
    After this news I doubt there is any hope left for users let alone developers. I wouldn't be surprised if there was zero development after this point in time with the grim reality layer upon us.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 04:03 AM
    I think the question should be how long do we have before they shut down BlackBerry World seeing how they moving towards Android. Pretty sure we won't see BlackBerry World on any BlackBerry Android devices.

BB10 over ANY Android device.
    09-30-16 09:22 AM
    They really need to add more APIS!!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 11:16 AM
    I think the question should be how long do we have before they shut down BlackBerry World seeing how they moving towards Android. Pretty sure we won't see BlackBerry World on any BlackBerry Android devices.

BB10 over ANY Android device.
    They probably never will shut it down. Even BBOS can still access apps.
    09-30-16 12:27 PM
    They really need to add more APIS!!

Posted via CB10
    They are just waiting until 2017 to start flooding BlackBerry World with all the big apps.
    09-30-16 12:28 PM
    Im gonna use my q10 till new year, not because WhatsApp or something like that, but two years ago I was bought my z30, still using it as secondary device, and I have emotional connection with those. At 31 December, im gonna wait till then, and gonna buy iphone. If you ask why iphone, the answer is: its BlackBerry without hub. Its so much similar to BlackBerry, and im not gonna go for android, its to much lagging, yes even on most expensive devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 12:30 PM
    Im gonna use my q10 till new year, not because WhatsApp or something like that, but two years ago I was bought my z30, still using it as secondary device, and I have emotional connection with those. At 31 December, im gonna wait till then, and gonna buy iphone. If you ask why iphone, the answer is: its BlackBerry without hub. Its so much similar to BlackBerry, and im not gonna go for android, its to much lagging, yes even on most expensive devices.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 shares a lot more DNA with Android than iOS.

The BlackBerry apps (including the HUB, contacts, and calendar you know so well) notwithstanding, BB10's Android Runtime has tied the ecosystems together, and you will be familiar with the design.

Android is not locked down to proprietary connections, much like BB10. SD card use is another link.

As far as Android lag is concerned, this is a fantasy. Every platform suffers from UI hiccups if not managed properly.
    09-30-16 12:37 PM
    A lot of devs walked away when numbers for the Zed and the Q10 were very disappointing. They left completely, to the extent that they did not even bother to add their apps to the approved list for the Z30 or Classic.
    09-30-16 12:56 PM
    When did it start?
    09-30-16 03:22 PM
    It's a very small market these days (well, always was really), for a lot of us it's hard to keep it going; I've only kept it going to give my customers some sort of support, not because I'm actually making anything.
    Ironically, I've had my best day in two weeks (3 purchases), yep......
    09-30-16 03:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    When I was on iPhone I always said there is no better phone than a Jailbroken iPhone. When an iPhone is unlocked to modify as you wish like you can with android, it is an excellent experience. You can even get a sort of file manager working but it's limited.
    If I did leave BB10 I would give iPhone consideration only if Jailbroken.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 08:11 PM
    It's a very small market these days (well, always was really), for a lot of us it's hard to keep it going; I've only kept it going to give my customers some sort of support, not because I'm actually making anything.
    Ironically, I've had my best day in two weeks (3 purchases), yep......
    What color Porsche are you buying yourself with all of your BBW earnings? Or are you a Mercedes guy?
    09-30-16 10:37 PM
    What color Porsche are you buying yourself with all of your BBW earnings? Or are you a Mercedes guy?
    All joking aside, the Developer has my respect...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-30-16 10:39 PM
    I've seen on BlackBerry World more apps every day, or maybe they are new only for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 05:44 AM
    Well Neutron Music Player has been updated at least half a dozen times in the last 6 months (have not counted all updates). Last Update came just a few Days ago in fact.

So kudos to the Neutron Dev.

Oh and English Dictionary 10 from TPSoft is getting Feature and / or Library Updates (More Words and Phrases) every few weeks.

Parrot, Evolution Browser, BaSA and ODF Office at least 1 Update 6 to 12 Months ago.

All other Apps like CallBlocker10, Call Block, Call Blocker pro by Max Mobile Secure, Easy Task, Task Manager, Noted, PGpgp, Alpha Browser and more have not seen updates or promised fixes in ages.

Based on my very personal Data and all the Apps I have installed or under "Available", I would say 80 Percent of the Devs have moved on. There is absolutely no reason for them to stay with the BB10 World. Sad but true.

As it currently stands, Android (in whatever Flavor) has the most potential to make a financial living. And especially for a Single Developer it is nonsense to waste time and money on a comatose OS.

Via CB10 App. STL100-2 @ 10.3.X Official Beta
    10-01-16 12:43 PM
    True! Love the detailed analysis. You are absolutely right. I hope, the people in denial opens their eyes to the situation.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 05:13 PM
    I'm sure they will continue development just not sure how far they would go. I hope we see more and more updates and apps being released daily.
    10-01-16 06:36 PM
    Is it safe to say that since Military and Governments,etc use BB10, that BlackBerry is still committed to support that OS ?

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S7
    10-01-16 07:43 PM
43 12