So a month or so ago Facebook introduced "threaded" conversations into their message feed. When someone posts on your wall, there's an option to reply in a little indented offset message window to create a thread -- this is nice feature because if there are 20 responses to a post you can respond to the specific one so that it is easier to follow the conversation.

These indented messages do not show up at all on the BB10 messenger system in the hub, or in the facebook ap, and they do not even show up if you log into facebook with the browser. Entire conversations on facebook are simply not visible to me. To actually read these messages on my Passport (with latests OS from AT&T) I have to use the (android) zeus web browser (probably others would work but I had that one installed). That's a horrible kludge because Facebook no longer has useable hub integration for me, and the experience using zeus is less than optimal.

I thought that surely after facebook introduced this feature that Blackberry would update the system to work with this feature since the one thing that BB10 is geared for is communication. But so far nothing. Am I the only one affected by this craziness? Or is blackberry even aware of this? Are they working on a fix? Just curious if anyone knows anything
    marco44 and chgaida like this.
    08-09-15 08:43 PM
    Strange - it works for me in the stock browser.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 09:02 PM
    I find the exact same thing as you, and it is frustrating.

I have people reply to my comment as opposed to the post itself, and then I have to view it via the Zeus Web browser.

Not exactly ideal.

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30.
    timboalogo likes this.
    08-09-15 09:26 PM
    I use the browser version as well, not great but better than BlackBerry FB app....

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:15 PM
    I use both the browser and the App.

Smartphones for smart people. iPhones for everyone else.
    08-10-15 12:04 AM
    I can see threaded replies using the mobile site on the stock browser. But I do agree with you, I wish the app would be updated to include the feature.

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    08-10-15 12:40 AM
    struggling with the same here. It is crazy that this hasn't been updated yet. Makes facebook pretty much useless, because you never know if there is sub-comments in posts or not.

There is a lot to be desired in the app all in all, but this is one core feature.
    08-10-15 06:45 AM
    It notifies you if someone replied to your comment and it DOES show up in the browser facebook.com, yes on the stock browser.

This is a non-issue, but more like a small featured that would be nice to have. They are obviously working on it but perhaps Facebook has not released the api for it.
    08-10-15 07:41 AM
    Yes, it notifies if someone replies to my comment but I cannot read it in the app. Pretty useless then. Of course it works in the browser version, as it does also in iOS and Android apps. But we were talking about BB10 Facebook app here.

I wouldn't call it a non-issue, as it makes reading and following conversations in facebook almost impossible. Quite a core element of facebook I would say...
    08-11-15 02:40 AM
    I have the same problem. And also the app doesn't show the latest messages or very late. I get a message that FB didn't forward any items so I have to watch on my PC to see the latest updates. As a big FB-fan this is very frustrating.
    08-11-15 03:42 AM
    The FB app is horrible...
    Chat is bad, notifications don't work often...

Tried the android app but it does not work on my 10.3.2.876 OS...

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 05:01 AM
    It seems they don't care anymore of their native apps...

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 06:59 AM
    It seems they don't care anymore of their native apps...

Posted via CB10
    To busy with their new OS
    They need it as fast as possible you know...

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 08:14 AM
    To busy with their new OS
    They need it as fast as possible you know...

Posted via CB10
    Seriously! When's the last time they updated any of their native apps. It's obvious something else is coming and this OS is getting ditched at this point.
    endevour likes this.
    08-11-15 09:55 AM
    Seriously! When's the last time they updated any of their native apps. It's obvious something else is coming and this OS is getting ditched at this point.
    10.3.2 was released a couple of months ago, and they said they are working on 10.3.3, and core apps only usually get updates on OS updates.

Also I'm pretty sure Facebook got an update recently but feature implementation isn't that simple, like I said you guys are ignoring the fact that the api for it is not available.
    08-11-15 09:59 AM
    We will know at least in a few months

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 10:15 AM
    like I said you guys are ignoring the fact that the api for it is not available.
    You have confirmed that?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 10:24 AM
    BBM gets updates
    08-11-15 10:56 AM
    BBM gets updates
    Because that's their cross platform app now. They can't update Androids and iPhones apps without ours. And BBM is its own thing now.
    08-11-15 11:50 AM
    BlackBerry fb app is the worst app I've ever seen

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 07:56 PM
    Why doesn't the android app work anymore?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 01:31 AM
    Wow, is it ever bad right now. Worst I have ever seen it.
    I used to be able to tolerate it, now I am using the browser to FB.

I clicked this on my Passport.
    08-12-15 01:33 AM