I know the Canadian government still uses BB10. But that's about it... everyone else moved on including the big banks.

The ironic thing is that BB is probably offering the anyone left on BB10 to migrate to something else
    Not true. BlackBerry is still the phone of choice in my neck of the woods...
    04-07-17 09:49 AM
    Not true. BlackBerry is still the phone of choice in my neck of the woods...
    BB10 or BlackBerry android?
    And where is your "neck of the woods"?
    04-07-17 09:54 AM
    Smart fans for OS, real fans for Brand, blind fans follow trend.

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-07-17 10:02 AM
    Smart fans for OS, real fans for Brand, blind fans follow trend.
    Thanks for the poetry but it doesn't answer my questions.
    04-07-17 10:03 AM
    BB10...Toronto's financial district....one of the big banks.
    04-07-17 10:09 AM
    Thanks for the poetry but it doesn't answer my questions.
    Answer? Don't think that I'm answering a questions.

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-07-17 10:11 AM
    Just visited Shop BlackBerry and voila

Attachment 420869
    Attachment 420870

I dint check to see if they were in Stock lol

they do sell passport still in their website :P :P
    Posted via CB10

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    04-07-17 10:28 AM
    they do sell passport still in their website :P :P
    Then post a link to a page on Blackberry's website where I can actually buy a brand-new one right now.
    04-07-17 10:39 AM
    We have no safe place in the Blackberry10 OS forums for Blackberry10 OS fans at this point, so why bother?
    I am going to tear down your safe space!
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee!

(What? Who is that?)

You cannot stop me from getting inside!
    I am cold and I am hard and my name... is 'Reality'.

That's not the shop.
    04-07-17 10:41 AM
    Then post a link to a page on Blackberry's website where I can actually buy a brand-new one right now.
    you can try

global.blackberry.com/en/smartphones/blackberry-passport/buy

then you can select your country from drop down and it will help you to get one

04-07-17 11:20 AM
    Don't worry. You guys trolled me right out of the thread. Its not worth retaliating with fact checks, you can do it yourself. We are arguing speculation and opinion based on VERY little actual fact or insight.
    It seems like you're doing that, yes. I've given a lot of specific points, and BB's own behavior and the overall market's performance correlates with what I've written.

We have no safe place in the Blackberry10 OS forums for Blackberry10 OS fans at this point, so why bother?
    No one is saying you can't be a fan. There are tons of BB10 fans here, and no one has an issue with that.

Suggesting that "BB should" do something that would be a financial disaster - after the previous financial disaster that BB10 has been for the company - isn't just being a fan; it's suggesting corporate suicide, and suggests that you're out of touch with reality.
    04-07-17 11:45 AM
    BB10...Toronto's financial district....one of the big banks.
    I work in the financial industry and I know for a fact that all the big 6 banks either already pulled the plug on BB10 or is on their way out. And that includes RBC which backed and financed Blackberry for so long.
    04-07-17 12:34 PM
    It seems like you're doing that, yes. I've given a lot of specific points, and BB's own behavior and the overall market's performance correlates with what I've written.

No one is saying you can't be a fan. There are tons of BB10 fans here, and no one has an issue with that.

Suggesting that "BB should" do something that would be a financial disaster - after the previous financial disaster that BB10 has been for the company - isn't just being a fan; it's suggesting corporate suicide, and suggests that you're out of touch with reality.
    Maybe I'm out of touch with reality. Maybe my entire business and personal circle is too. let Blackberry prove us all wrong and actually make their android venture successful. You act as if Android has saved Blackberry mobile already and all the problems were solved by dumping BB10. You are ignoring an entire series of events that contributed to their failure and blaming it solely on the OS itself. Its a horse that has been beat flat and the ghost town that is Crackberry is full of just the loudest of the holdouts with the strongest of opinions. You for instance feel that my suggestion "will" lead to financial disaster. Yet my suggestion was a 1 liner with no implementation plan, no timeline, no real concern for budgets. How do you figure you can condemn it as unrealistic based solely on a premise which has yet to be proven. Show me some market research that proves noone is interested in a closed ecosystem Android and iOS alternative. Show me proof that Blackberry (Not Blackberry mobile) CAN'T upgrade ART based on OHA rules. In fact show me that the demographic that would want to buy a device and buy an additional OS to replace the pre-installed OS even want ART. Don't assume Crackberry majority represents an unbiased realistic population sample... especially since web traffic is at an 8 year low.
    04-07-17 12:38 PM
    you can try

OK. So click on that and go through the steps to purchase it. Tell us if you see it actually available on Shopblackberry.com.

Spoiler Alert: not available as an option to purchase.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2205 / Telus
    04-07-17 01:06 PM
    you can try

I tried selecting United States. It sent me to Amazon, where I can only buy used ones. Tried Canada. Can't buy direct from Blackberry, have to go to the carriers or Amazon. Amazon says "No longer available," same with Bell. The Rogers link sent me to a login page for some odd reason. France, similar situation. UAE, too.

So, yeah, not seeing it. As far as I can tell, Blackberry is in no meaningful way still selling BB10 phones on their website.
    04-07-17 01:32 PM
    You act as if Android has saved Blackberry mobile already and all the problems were solved by dumping BB10.
    Adopting Android didn't save Blackberry, but phasing out BB10 certainly did.

Show me some market research that proves noone is interested in a closed ecosystem Android and iOS alternative.
    Okay, here you go: http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/16/14...lackberry-2016
    04-07-17 01:38 PM
    I tried selecting United States. It sent me to Amazon, where I can only buy used ones. Tried Canada. Can't buy direct from Blackberry, have to go to the carriers or Amazon. Amazon says "No longer available," same with Bell. The Rogers link sent me to a login page for some odd reason. France, similar situation. UAE, too.

So, yeah, not seeing it. As far as I can tell, Blackberry is in no meaningful way still selling BB10 phones on their website.
    hi i am sorry about that.

yeah when i selected my country (India) it also took me to amazon.in website, i also see that the condition mentioned is new and not used.

i dont know about other amazon websites.

try ordering it from indian website if possible.

thanks

04-07-17 01:55 PM
    try ordering it from indian website if possible
    I'm not trying to order it. Just proving the point that Blackberry is no longer selling it on their website.
    04-07-17 02:09 PM
    Maybe I'm out of touch with reality. Maybe my entire business and personal circle is too. let Blackberry prove us all wrong and actually make their android venture successful. You act as if Android has saved Blackberry mobile already and all the problems were solved by dumping BB10. You are ignoring an entire series of events that contributed to their failure and blaming it solely on the OS itself. Its a horse that has been beat flat and the ghost town that is Crackberry is full of just the loudest of the holdouts with the strongest of opinions. You for instance feel that my suggestion "will" lead to financial disaster. Yet my suggestion was a 1 liner with no implementation plan, no timeline, no real concern for budgets. How do you figure you can condemn it as unrealistic based solely on a premise which has yet to be proven. Show me some market research that proves noone is interested in a closed ecosystem Android and iOS alternative. Show me proof that Blackberry (Not Blackberry mobile) CAN'T upgrade ART based on OHA rules. In fact show me that the demographic that would want to buy a device and buy an additional OS to replace the pre-installed OS even want ART. Don't assume Crackberry majority represents an unbiased realistic population sample... especially since web traffic is at an 8 year low.
    Blackberry Android was never intended to save BlackBerry. It's just another software revenue stream.

The fact that Blackberry, and no other corporation on the face of the Earth, want to have anything to do with BB10 proves that it is not viable. You would think a consortium of businesses that require this elusive third platform you describe would get together and try to license it. That has not happened either. The market isn't there, and it never was.
    04-07-17 02:14 PM
    hi i am sorry about that.

yeah when i selected my country (India) it also took me to amazon.in website, i also see that the condition mentioned is new and not used.

i dont know about other amazon websites.

try ordering it from indian website if possible.

thanks

Why don't you accept the burden of proof, try it and report back to us.
    Thanks in advance.
    04-07-17 02:17 PM
    Maybe I'm out of touch with reality.
    That is a good first step.

This is a safe space for BB10 fans, but that doesn't mean you won't get a reply disagreeing with you.
    Especially when you say wacky stuff.
    We the community have a wide range of opinions and we discuss things.
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 04-07-17 at 02:41 PM.
    04-07-17 02:19 PM
    I'm not trying to order it. Just proving the point that Blackberry is no longer selling it on their website.
    sorry i thought you are looking to buy one.

yeah i knew that they stopped selling it in their website and redirecting to amazon.

thanks.

04-07-17 02:22 PM
    I have a PlayBook that I use as an alarm clock by my bed on the charging dock. Not wanting to get out of bed, but wanting to check up on the news, I pulled it off the dock and opened the Web browser and typed in the Web address. The webpage started to appear then I waited...

And waited...

And waited...

And started counting the blocks on the checkerboard...

And waited...

And closed the browser and got out of bed.

Our BB10 devices will be the same in a couple of years max.

If BlackBerry developed Blend for Android, I'd be buying myself a discount Priv that day.

With my employer having a no cell phone out during the work day rule in place, Blend is my only "illegal" connection to the outside world, not that I actually use or abuse it at all.

10.3.4 is in the same place Thorsten's BB10 for PlayBook is

Posted via CB10
    04-07-17 02:36 PM
    Much more current threads on this topic
    04-11-18 06:27 AM
124 ... 345