I am not doing any advocacy for bb10.

Posted via CB10
    This is effectively and ironically true.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    04-04-17 05:13 PM
    It would hurt even more some high level users to use unsafe OS like Android. Governments and state offices should use what is convenient for them, not what you or John Chen may like.

Maybe one day Android will be the safest OS system in the world, but so far it is not. It would be nice to hear what Richard Buckley thinks about, since he writes often here with competences about security.

Moreover John Chen stopped about speaking on security for Nougat. Why?

Since now BlackBerry moved only to Software, why are the people using BB10 hurting BlackBerry? But do you get somehow paid to advertise BlackBerry android?

Again, nothing personal Conite, but here we must be objectives and not ranting or be childish.
    If you are not happy with that, write to several governments and try to convince them about the super security of Android. But good luck with that my friend!

Posted via CB10
    Simple: the longer they keep BB10 alive, the more negative advertising they get. Need proof? Look at all the issues people here bring up with BB10 (browser, sideloading app, all sort of contortions to make something simple work). It's like BBOS all over again... with the slow boot time, constant lack of memory and need to battery pull.

The worse thing that could happen to BB now is that a branch of the US gov orders like 10,000 BB10 phones dans want BB to keep them secure. It would cost BB lots of money to service the OS, with no growth potential
    04-04-17 07:20 PM
    This is effectively and ironically true.
    But even if I would do advocacy, what would be your problem? This is a BB forum, right?

Posted via CB10
    04-05-17 12:30 AM
    Simple: the longer they keep BB10 alive, the more negative advertising they get. Need proof? Look at all the issues people here bring up with BB10 (browser, sideloading app, all sort of contortions to make something simple work). It's like BBOS all over again... with the slow boot time, constant lack of memory and need to battery pull.

The worse thing that could happen to BB now is that a branch of the US gov orders like 10,000 BB10 phones dans want BB to keep them secure. It would cost BB lots of money to service the OS, with no growth potential
    People have problems also with Android. Do you remember the issues with Dtek software? Some people are complaining about battery issues with Dtek50. This is not an accusation against BlackBerry android, but the perfect smartphone does not exists.

BlackBerry should offer services, and software now. If this for them is not convenient and costs money, better they start to do something else. If they show and would convince US government that their androids are safe, well...great for BlackBerry. But will they succeed?

This is the point, at least for me!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-17 12:35 AM
    They still sell BB10 devices on their website, so as long as they do sell them they have to and must support BB10! I would say we still have 3-4 years left of BB10 OS,
    You obviously weren't around for the Playbook. They were still selling them the day it was declared a dead product with no further support.
    04-05-17 12:37 AM
    I work for a government office and there is no plan to move from BB10. Instead the number of bb10 smatphone is increasing!
    Which planet?
    Which country?
    Which government office?
    How many BB10 devices currently deployed?
    What is the planned total number of BB10 devices to deploy?
    In Mars we work and in the moon!! Lol!
    But even if I would do advocacy, what would be your problem? This is a BB forum, right?
    I don't have a problem with advocacy.
    I just don't think it serves anyone to make claims about BB10 deployment that strain credibility and then when challenged to substantiate them, play the fool.

Have a funny day.
    04-05-17 03:39 AM
    That ship has sailed, unfortunately..

Posted via CB10
    04-05-17 03:52 AM
    I don't have a problem with advocacy.
    I just don't think it serves anyone to make claims about BB10 deployment that strain credibility and then when challenged to substantiate them, play the fool.

Have a funny day.
    Feel free to believe me or not. Some people, many, still use or are starting to use Bb10 in state offices where I live.

Have a good day you too.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-17 04:01 AM
    Feel free to believe me or not. Some people, many, still use or are starting to use Bb10 in state offices where I live.

Have a good day you too.

Posted via CB10
    That is the biggest problem for BB. By doing this, they will upheld their image of not having apps, slow browser, and non modern OS. If at least they would update and maintain BB10 OS, but we all know that's not the case.
    04-05-17 07:40 AM
    I bet you're a secret agent and you can't tell me anymore because its classified. /s
    04-05-17 10:39 AM
    I bet you're a secret agent and you can't tell me anymore because its classified. /s
    Ahahahah, if I was, I was not writing here!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-17 10:44 AM
    That is the biggest problem for BB. By doing this, they will upheld their image of not having apps, slow browser, and non modern OS. If at least they would update and maintain BB10 OS, but we all know that's not the case.
    But I think that the state offices in Canada do not use BlackBerry for play last Real Racing or the last super cool app for the food recipes.

I guess it is used just for emails, agenda, excel, word.... thanks God then people are free to use also other OS and telephone, especially for private use.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-17 10:48 AM
    But I think that the state offices in Canada do not use BlackBerry for play last Real Racing or the last super cool app for the food recipes.

I guess it is used just for emails, agenda, excel, word.... thanks God then people are free to use also other OS and telephone, especially for private use.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah well that's the point: Corporate emails don't work on BB10 anymore (most MDM doesn't support BB10 because BB never allowed their device to be managed by other MDM than BES), if email doesn't work then the corporate agenda won't sync, excel and word, I never seen it on BB10.

Hmmm I tried to look up for the CRM app used by my employer on BB world... they have a version for BBOS but it hasn't been updated for over 5 years.

Now how do you expect me to be productive? How do you expect anyone needing those to be productive?

And what's this habit of saying that other devices are to play games??? I find that so insulting and naive.
    04-05-17 08:08 PM

Right. Corporate people don't travel, don't book airlines, hotel rooms, rental cars, don't take Uber or Lyft rides, don't use corporate meeting apps, etc. Because those are all just dumb games and "real" corporate people print it all out before they leave the office.
    04-05-17 10:31 PM
    Right. Corporate people don't travel, don't book airlines, hotel rooms, rental cars, don't take Uber or Lyft rides, don't use corporate meeting apps, etc. Because those are all just dumb games and "real" corporate people print it all out before they leave the office.
    Corporate people have already somebody that book airlines and hotel for them, rent cars for them.... I see you have no idea what are you talking about.

Then maybe someone else even among the corporate people does himself....but I never saw a corporate person desperately ranting for save some dollars to use Uber.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 12:24 AM
    As a former corporate traveler for 3 big companies - one of them the 4th biggest bank in the US at the time, it's true that PLANNED travel was usually booked by the corporate travel department, but if you were in IT/support, there was plenty of unplanned travel, and we were always expected to make our own arrangements (following corporate guidelines and using corporate accounts and vendors) in those situations.

So, I have a pretty good understanding of how it works.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    04-06-17 12:27 AM
    As a former corporate traveler for 3 big companies - one of them the 4th biggest bank in the US at the time, it's true that PLANNED travel was usually booked by the corporate travel department, but if you were in IT/support, there was plenty of unplanned travel, and we were always expected to make our own arrangements (following corporate guidelines and using corporate accounts and vendors) in those situations.

So, I have a pretty good understanding of how it works.
    Well, I am sorry for you then. It never applied this to any of the corporate people I know. And they are quite a lot! Have a good day!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 12:45 AM
    People have problems also with Android. Do you remember the issues with Dtek software? Some people are complaining about battery issues with Dtek50. This is not an accusation against BlackBerry android, but the perfect smartphone does not exists.

BlackBerry should offer services, and software now. If this for them is not convenient and costs money, better they start to do something else. If they show and would convince US government that their androids are safe, well...great for BlackBerry. But will they succeed?

This is the point, at least for me!

Posted via CB10
    I think it's evidently true that conite is a member of googledroid big brother. Ok that BlackBerry 10 will stop working in one or two years, but thinking that googledroid is the best solution is not very illuminant. We know google and we know android...and the truth of this merger is far from a guarantee to consumers and their data!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 02:08 AM
    The best solution is always and should be always subjective.

I have a Passport that currently use and a Leap. I love both of them.

I have a Huawei Nova...amazing format, superbattery, and nice screen. Android is getting nice to use, really a lot. But then the ADVERTISEMENTS are everywhere, anytime, and this sucks for me. Gmaps works pretty well, youtube also....some apps are craps or eating fast the battery.

I own also a Lumia 650....i really like it also. WinMob is getting updates so the apps, almost daily. I want to see how develops further winmobile.

But my Passport remains my daily Smartphone bcs complete and satisfies my user needs daily. I can find a taxi when I want, I can make check in from my Passport via websites, I get boarding cards via email and so on...no need to move with papers like somebody here said.

What I do not like here in CB is this teenager's tone/war about what is the best. Sometimes I have the impression there is a huge advertisement campaign to push the selling of BB Androids. Sometimes the opposite in favour of BB10. I belong also to the category of people who sometimes maybe disturbs....but I realize that this stupid discussions do not bring to anywhere. I will answer when I feel and to say what I think is correct or against false status

Posted via CB10
    blackbp likes this.
    04-06-17 06:21 AM
    Corporate people have already somebody that book airlines and hotel for them, rent cars for them.... I see you have no idea what are you talking about.

Then maybe someone else even among the corporate people does himself....but I never saw a corporate person desperately ranting for save some dollars to use Uber.

Posted via CB10
    As a current corporate traveler in a large tech company you don't know what you are talking about or how we use travel apps for airlines, hotels and rental cars. I am currently on a two week business trip in Europe and we use several travel apps for our trips.

BTW I fly around 80 to 90 K miles a year a stay I hotels about 80 nights a year. Most on my team do the same. We ALL use travel apps. We may not book the travel but the apps make traveling much easier. For example I am traveling to Austria right now, but have a already checked into my hotel. You can only do that by app, not the hotel website. For flights I can always check not on my current schedule, but also track my bag.

Many of us from the VPS down use Uber.
    Last edited by eshropshire; 04-06-17 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Mi
    Elephant_Canyon and jmr1015 like this.
    04-06-17 06:31 AM
    Just visited Shop BlackBerry and voila

Will Blackberry Continue supporting BB10 Customers ?-img_20170406_082552.png
    Will Blackberry Continue supporting BB10 Customers ?-img_20170406_082600.png

I dint check to see if they were in Stock lol

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 07:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    What are you talking about??? My employers employs 30,000 Advisors, all of them need to be able to do those things on the go. Are you telling me they are not "corporate people"?

Are you telling me that my employer should hire a team of 30,000 assistants at $40,000 per year for a extra 1.2 billions annual salary mass so they can book hotel rooms, take care of their agenda, drive them around... instead of having them do it themselves on the "toy phone"?

Using a modern and capable phone saves millions for corporations.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    04-06-17 07:38 AM
    What are you talking about??? My employers employs 30,000 Advisors, all of them need to be able to do those things on the go. Are you telling me they are not "corporate people"?

Are you telling me that my employer should hire a team of 30,000 assistants at $40,000 per year for a extra 1.2 billions annual salary mass so they can book hotel rooms, take care of their agenda, drive them around... instead of having them do it themselves on the "toy phone"?

Using a modern and capable phone saves millions for corporations.
    Ahahahahaah, so your company employs 30.000 advisors and eventually should hire 30.000 assistants just for book flights? Did I advised this? This plan would be crazy....

Nobody is questioning the capacity or the semplicity to use everything via Phone. The point is: can you arrange these things via BlackBerry? Or do you need only an Android/Iphone?

That's the point!!

Anyway, we got lost from the Post of the forum I guess.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 08:11 AM
    Ahahahahaah, so your company employs 30.000 advisors and eventually should hire 30.000 assistants just for book flights? Did I advised this? This plan would be crazy....

Nobody is questioning the capacity or the semplicity to use everything via Phone. The point is: can you arrange these things via BlackBerry? Or do you need only an Android/Iphone?

That's the point!!

Anyway, we got lost from the Post of the forum I guess.

Posted via CB10
    Most travel and loyalty apps do not work on bb10. I know, because that was one of the reasons I moved on. They either require KitKat or Google Play services.

My other reasons included Microsoft Office, banking apps, and advanced file management.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    04-06-17 08:15 AM
    As a current corporate traveler in a large tech company you don't know what you are talking about or how we use travel apps for airlines, hotels and rental cars. I am currently on a two week business trip in Europe and we use several travel apps for our trips.

BTW I fly around 80 to 90 K miles a year a stay I hotels about 80 nights a year. Most on my team do the same. We ALL use travel apps. We may not book the travel but the apps make traveling much easier. For example I am traveling to Austria right now, but have a already checked into my hotel. You can only do that by app, not the hotel website. For flights I can always check not on my current schedule, but also track my bag.

Many of us from the VPS down use Uber.
    I am deeply sorry for you that are Apps dependent. Again, the point is: what can you do with a BlackBerry on this matters?

You are totally dependent from apps, where I worked or work, we get everything well organized and without hundreds of people taking care of this. I have just to use my phone for boarding flight and I used it for booking hotel, flights and so on when I needed....easily! Some apps are not working, true...or some website are not well done on BB.

As well Cobalt says, loyalty points and some other commodities are not well working via BlackBerry, so it is subjective the use of the smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 08:25 AM
124 12345