I really concerned because I really like my BlackBerry Passport SE and its system. I don't like the idea of android BlackBerry, though I used to.
    I hope BlackBerry will update the inner android to 6.0 as the next release as 10.3.3.
    Maybe they need to give us a choice.
    They can release an official android which can be run on our passports basically.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 01:24 PM
    I agree, i'm concerned as well!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 06:47 PM
    Possibly.
    09-25-15 07:07 PM
    I'm not. Just bought a new Leap.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    09-25-15 07:09 PM
    I just bought a new leap also

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 08:13 PM
    There will be at least a 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 , according to what Chen said. but they will be security and privacy released patches.

Don't expect much in terms of functionality updates though.
    I believe BB10 is probably going to be end of life by 2016-2017. The phone itself is perfectly functional right now with the exception of the lack of Google play.

If I were to chose today. I would still get a BB10 phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 08:24 PM
    There will be at least a 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 , according to what Chen said. but they will be security and privacy released patches.

Don't expect much in terms of functionality updates though.
    I believe BB10 is probably going to be end of life by 2016-2017. The phone itself is perfectly functional right now with the exception of the lack of Google play.

If I were to chose today. I would still get a BB10 phone.

Posted via CB10
    It will be EOL for sure, but I think that without offering Android OS to the present devices as an option, it will be EOL for BlackBerry. They really need to show some support for their customer base for once.

Possibly.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    09-25-15 08:33 PM
    It will be EOL for sure, but I think that without offering Android OS to the present devices as an option, it will be EOL for BlackBerry. They really need to show some support for their customer base for once.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    What's Eol mean? sorry, but my English is not very good

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 09:13 PM

My passport SE arrive last friday, too

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 09:14 PM
    What's Eol mean? sorry, but my English is not very good

Posted via CB10
    End Of Life.
    09-25-15 09:22 PM
    As a proud owner of two passports, I will put an Android on one for apps if feasible and let the other on bb10. I need no new functionality for Bb10 but I want important apps native.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 09:31 PM
    The question is that if Priv/ Venice / Slider whatever can run android perfectly. Our passports should not be too much different or difficult. Most of mine android apps run perfectly as a square in runtime

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 09:35 PM
    As a proud owner of two passports, I will put an Android on one for apps if feasible and let the other on bb10. I need no new functionality for Bb10 but I want important apps native.

Posted via CB10
    I want BlackBerry give us a chance or choice. Though they're businessman and it's probably better for them to not do so. Kill BlackBerry OS and force BlackBerry fans to buy their new devices maybe a good idea for those businessman

Posted via CB10
    Moroianu George likes this.
    09-25-15 09:40 PM
    What worries me is if the 10.3.3 or 4 removes the android runtime... now stuck at 4.3 Jellybean it's getting long in the tooth...

Bumpkin
    09-26-15 04:41 AM
    The question is that if Priv/ Venice / Slider whatever can run android perfectly. Our passports should not be too much different or difficult. Most of mine android apps run perfectly as a square in runtime

Posted via CB10
    The Passport has already been shown running Android so that part isn't an unknown. If the Priv sells well, I'm sure Blackberry will consider releasing an Android Passport. It would be nice if they allowed older models to change their OS, but who knows?

From a business perspective I'm sure they would rather have you buy a new phone than upgrade the old one for free, though.
    09-26-15 05:17 AM
    The Passport has already been shown running Android so that part isn't an unknown. If the Priv sells well, I'm sure Blackberry will consider releasing an Android Passport. It would be nice if they allowed older models to change their OS, but who knows?

From a business perspective I'm sure they would rather have you buy a new phone than upgrade the old one for free, though.
    I fear that thing too. That's why they have not released the android version of the passport yet and maybe never will.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 05:43 AM
    How many of these threads do we need?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 05:57 AM
    I expect that at least BlackBerry World to stay available for a few more years. So I'd say EOL is more likely happening in 2020-2021. Of course it doesn't mean updates by 2020. And you know, Nokia promised that too to N9 users, I think EOL was planned in 2016 and Nokia Store is down for a year now?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 06:09 AM
    W the EOL , demise of BBW would a developer have any interest in BB10 o rather go to another more long lived platform?? The pile of BB10 devices unsold will fill Hudson Bay while the pile of nokias is small since they get shipped off to the 3rd world for a new life...
    09-26-15 10:10 AM
    How many of these threads do we need?

Posted via CB10
    While this thread was a place called people to honestly discuss their concerns I would have said we can deal with one more. But it does look like the crows of unremitting negativity have found us and this thread will spiral down into a pit filled with people flinging their assumptions and speculation back and forth. We certainly don't need any more threads like that.

09-26-15 12:56 PM
    Actually we are being honest. BB10 usefulness is slowly becoming less & less as the weeks go by. Native Apps quit working or never get updated. People want a practical device. That's the bottom line at the end of the day. No amount of fancy proselytizing or long boring paragraphs will change that.

People are calling it as they see it.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-26-15 01:04 PM
    Will use BlackBerry as far does have his highly optimized, innovative and secure os, meaning closed and integrated with hardware.
    For a standard even if customized Android I will inherit all the weakness present by design, and I doubt BlackBerry will rework it so deep to change this things.
    So will buy a new BlackBerry with BlackBerry OS 10, or go for Jolla, the only remaining player using Maemo concept.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 05:02 PM
    Actually we are being honest. BB10 usefulness is slowly becoming less & less as the weeks go by. Native Apps quit working or never get updated. People want a practical device. That's the bottom line at the end of the day. No amount of fancy proselytizing or long boring paragraphs will change that.

People are calling it as they see it.
    Exactly. And as long as the platform is a more efficient tool for me than any other (and I include in my efficiency assessment my security and privacy needs) I will continue to use it. I, and many others, are are perfectly capable of deciding when that happens without listening to a bunch of people who have no idea what our needs are telling us we are delusional. If applications I need to use stop working, that will factor into my assessment. That you have experienced abandoned and moribund applications makes me sympathetic to your plight, but doesn't effect my decision because I've seen that happen on iOS and Android as well.

In fact I have an iOS device that I use on a daily basis. So I can evaluate each and every day if BB10 is still the most effective tool for me or not. I don't see the fact that the OS on my phone isn't going to change until March as a bad thing.

If you want to try to convince me of something, try building a reasoned argument based on my perceptions of what a good mobile platform is: stable, efficient, secure and private. Base it on facts, not hearsay, speculation, assumptions, platitudes or what you are looking for in a mobile platform. If you don't find what you are looking for in BB10 and the official announcements, then by all means quietly go to wherever you can find what you are looking for. I can change to a new phone in a few minutes if I want to. This is by no means an emergency. If there are people who are willing to wait and observe, and want to discuss it in a thread on this forum, why not leave them in peace? Or do you have such a messiah complex that you have to spread your opinion like the gospel?

09-26-15 05:44 PM
    I don't get it:

What attracted me to mu first BlackBerry, the passport:

The KB, a must have
    The dual boot opening up the bb10 touted security & t plentiful android app offerings
    The largesse, memory, ram, storage, expansion, screen
    The big battery

What has been good...all that.

What has not, a few wifi foibles, no structural defects...

I don't have any issues with any of the more than 75 android apps I have tried to kept a few... some are must haves

I don't see why an android fone with a few bb10 pe features is better than BOTH full supported I have.

...just sayin'
    09-26-15 06:21 PM
    It has never been the phones, or the OS. For a great many people the phone model represents a community. And for the majority the bigger the community the better. Like high school. As Chen said, phones are an emotional subject.

I can't tell you how many times people have said to me "why can't my phone do that?" Or how many times I've been walking around security conferences with my phone configured in ways that hackers think should be exploitable and have them talk to me to find out why it isn't. If I get emotional value from my phone that is where it comes from.

09-26-15 07:16 PM
30 12