I currently have an iphone 4 and I'm due for an upgrade which has made me do a lot of research towards the current crop of smart phones and up coming ones. I've found that there is a ton of beautiful phones coming out in the coming months and with that I'm afraid BB10 will be to late to the party.

A few examples of the current phones I'm interested in are...

HTC One Series
    HTC Evo 4G LTE
    Samsung S3
    Nokia 900
    Iphone 5

and these are just a handful... Sony and LG are suppose to be coming out with some beauties as well.

Compare these phones to BB 9900 flagship phone and other then the keyboard there is no comparison in the technology. I'm wondering how RIM is going to stay a float over the next 6-8 months+ until BB10 phones are released... and when they do come out will it be to late?

I've been very tempted to get the 9900 as I really do like the look and craftsman ship of the phone but I do tend to use my phone for internet daily and this is where the 9900 comes up short vs the current released crop of smart phones. I also don't want to be stuck with an out dated OS like BB 7 for another 2-3 years on my contract. I also find the premium price to out right purchase the 9900 off contract way to high.

To be honest I'll probably hold off until I get a chance to see more insight on BB10 phones and also Windows 8 phones before I make any decisions but wouldnt mind discussing this with the current CB members.
    04-05-12 12:09 AM
    Get what ever make you happy. Its a phone not a life changing device.
    04-05-12 12:13 AM
    Get what ever make you happy. Its a phone not a life changing device.

+1 RoseBud.

Whatever device you decide on will be trounced the next day by something better. But that don't mean it will work any better for you.

Sent from my old faithful BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dangerousfen; 04-05-12 at 01:16 AM.
    04-05-12 01:07 AM
    There's no harm in waiting until bb10 hits the market and you get to see what it's like.
    04-05-12 07:01 AM
    Not for me. BB10 will be be just in time. I plan on getting it 6 months after release.

It just depends what is important to you in a phone.
    04-05-12 07:10 AM
    some people are plain rude. he's here to seek opinions, not to be told that he is indecisive and takes buying phone too seriously. if you have nothing better to say, don't say it.

sSent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Narayan. likes this.
    04-05-12 07:26 AM
    Should only be 5-6 months
    04-05-12 07:28 AM
    some people are plain rude. he's here to seek opinions, not to be told that he is indecisive and takes buying phone too seriously. if you have nothing better to say, don't say it.

sSent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    No one said anything rude. Chill out man
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-05-12 07:31 AM
    I think BB 10 will bring some fresh air to the smart phone arena. For RIM to compete with the others they need to bring something better to the table that the others don't have.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-05-12 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD