As we all know the great canadian brand BB has been battered and abused the part year with terrible press coverage and being in the news every week.
    After the market share drastically dropping this year and the CEO being accused of lying recent times and being caught lying on many occasions (which they did eg angry birds,native email by summer ...etc).
    My point of this post is if blackberry brand will make it past 2013. For the BB10 proposed for 2012 sales all devices will have at least 1.5 GHz dual core, 8mp and front 1.3/3mp 1080 camera and a promising LTE spec. Sadly is this gonna be enough for 2012-2013 transition? I heard of android devices (SIII) possibly having a quad core processor and 2gb of RAM. The ipad 3 having double the battery capacity, this has been done with the Acer Iconia tab A700 which has a tablet capacity of 9800mAh vs the playbook 5800mAh. I struggle to believe so, the advantage apple has over blackberry with the same specs is they have developers and a load of apps which doesn't appeal to me and money at their disposal. Android is the same except with a broken/crashing OS.
    For blackberry to make a come back they need to hire a new marketing team to push these products and to make the UI alot more easier. I bought a 9900 for my sister for christmas she was intimidated with the keypad and preferred an iphone. I exchanged it for the Torch touch screen which she doesnt want.
    RIM needs to drop the camera they have currently and get autofocus ,tap to focus and face detection and i doubt it will hurt RIM if they get a super high quality camera.
    They need the make the icons on the phone larger.
    The screen quality need to be super AMOLED and not this washed out color on the 9900.
    The need to invest in NFC and push for the mobile banking

If RIM fails this year,sadly its over for all of our Blackberry addicts, im really looking forward to CES and February to see the promising ideas for RIM. RIM products from 6-12months ago is sadly outdated as of November in my books, where/when will this futuristic device come from. Everything is out there such as the newly discovered lithium ion battery that charges faster and lasts longer.
    All i want is skype on playbook, not im+ or imo.im the real skype.

Please tell me your ideas that you want in a device from blackberry device and what will make you want to proudly display your new phone. These are just my opinions and it wasnt meant to insult any crack-berry addict out there.
    12-30-11 05:32 PM
    Is BBX enough alone to get RIM back on track? I'd say no.* Back when Apple was on the ropes, they needed backing from a powerful player to guarantee its solvency/relevance (for the short-term at least). RIM needs something similar so that no matter what the stock price is, no matter what the tech bloggers say the BlackBerry platform will still be around. However, no such singular benefactor will bail RIM out in the same way that MS forked over lots of cash to save Apple. The simple truth is that only one company can solely control their product and ecosystem in a successful manner (Apple). RIM has been lucky enough to exert extensive control over its platform for some time, but without Apple's success. Simply trying to emulate Apple isn't a sound business decision. In order to secure their future, RIM might have to rethink who contributes (and for how long) to the BlackBerry platform. I know that Balmer came out on stage at BlackBerry World to talk about MS's desire to invest in RIM, in return Bing and other map/location services will be used in BlackBerry devices. We have yet to see the integration of the MS services, so it stands to reason that the deal has not been finalized. RIM should accelerate the terms of the partnership to get whatever money was promised to them. In addition, RIM should consider partnering with Amazon to gain more funds to maintain their relevance. For starters, Amazon could be the exclusive provider for music, movies, and TV shows. Amazon could also offer cloud storage. With all the talk of QNX being able to run Android apps, then the Amazon Marketplace could be installed on BBX devices. Other deals like Kindle being the official print media client, cross licensing enterprise management software to MS for their WP7 devices**, etc.

Many of us BlackBerry fans don't want RIM to cede so much control to other companies. Especially when the accompanying ecosystem can be such a large source of revenue. But if 2013 is such an important (some say critical) year for RIM, then all options must be on the table. By bundling deals with MS and Amazon, RIM could guarantee their short-term relevance in the mobile space. RIM is full of very intelligent people. The aforementioned deals would be of a limited nature so that RIM has time to address these issues for a possible internal solution. Or perhaps RIM engineers could develop other features/services which add value to the BlackBerry platform.

* My opinion has little weight in these kinds of things.
    ** Again, not an expert on the enterprise side of RIM, so I'm not really sure if what I suggest is actually possible. Just trying to think how RIM can leverage some of their assets.
    Last edited by pfe1223; 12-30-11 at 09:15 PM.
    12-30-11 08:48 PM
    Well we won't know until we finally get our hands on it. As of now we just know that it will be similar to the PlayBook OS. In the course of a year it could end up completely different.
    12-30-11 08:52 PM
    Well we won't know until we finally get our hands on it. As of now we just know that it will be similar to the PlayBook OS. In the course of a year it could end up completely different.
    I am under the assumption that the PlayBook OS is the testing ground for BBX. So the first rendition of BBX will be very similar to PlayBook OS. Or, has there been anything official that contradicts what I've said?
    12-30-11 09:02 PM
    NO, BB10 will not be enough to "Save the Brand". IF All RIM does is launch a fantastic OS on relevant technology, they will not win back the US market share and keep their current markets.

RIM needs to couple BB10 with an entirely new way of thinking, they must couple BB10 with a ecosystem that include Media content, Corporate content, cloud solutions (not a single solution, but options) , Developer support, and excitement, and a sales / marketing presence that they have never encompassed, they need to STOP outsourcing their retail sales support staff and take control of the brand,

The PlayBook OS2.0 looks fantastic, but still much more needs to be done before BBX IMO to be truly a stellar UI
    12-30-11 09:11 PM
    Hope so, but don't think so.
    12-31-11 10:49 AM
    i hope bb10 is a "leapfrog" and that rim will get a new marketing plan in order.
    Rim Will have to offer an awesome phone at a good price, who is going to spend 300 on a blackberry when they can get a real nice android for 50 bucks. RIM has to come out fighting with a whole new company image.
    12-31-11 01:26 PM
    As we all know the great canadian brand BB has been battered and abused the part year with terrible press coverage and being in the news every week.
    After the market share drastically dropping this year and the CEO being accused of lying recent times and being caught lying on many occasions (which they did eg angry birds,native email by summer ...etc).
    My point of this post is if blackberry brand will make it past 2013. For the BB10 proposed for 2012 sales all devices will have at least 1.5 GHz dual core, 8mp and front 1.3/3mp 1080 camera and a promising LTE spec. Sadly is this gonna be enough for 2012-2013 transition? I heard of android devices (SIII) possibly having a quad core processor and 2gb of RAM. The ipad 3 having double the battery capacity, this has been done with the Acer Iconia tab A700 which has a tablet capacity of 9800mAh vs the playbook 5800mAh. I struggle to believe so, the advantage apple has over blackberry with the same specs is they have developers and a load of apps which doesn't appeal to me and money at their disposal. Android is the same except with a broken/crashing OS.
    For blackberry to make a come back they need to hire a new marketing team to push these products and to make the UI alot more easier. I bought a 9900 for my sister for christmas she was intimidated with the keypad and preferred an iphone. I exchanged it for the Torch touch screen which she doesnt want.
    RIM needs to drop the camera they have currently and get autofocus ,tap to focus and face detection and i doubt it will hurt RIM if they get a super high quality camera.
    They need the make the icons on the phone larger.
    The screen quality need to be super AMOLED and not this washed out color on the 9900.
    The need to invest in NFC and push for the mobile banking

If RIM fails this year,sadly its over for all of our Blackberry addicts, im really looking forward to CES and February to see the promising ideas for RIM. RIM products from 6-12months ago is sadly outdated as of November in my books, where/when will this futuristic device come from. Everything is out there such as the newly discovered lithium ion battery that charges faster and lasts longer.
    All i want is skype on playbook, not im+ or imo.im the real skype.

Please tell me your ideas that you want in a device from blackberry device and what will make you want to proudly display your new phone. These are just my opinions and it wasnt meant to insult any crack-berry addict out there.
    well does anyone know if the bb's nw will get an update for the bb10 like the 9900. or will they just bring new devices and the money is a waste that we spend a month ago on the new phones??
    12-31-11 03:27 PM
    well does anyone know if the bb's nw will get an update for the bb10 like the 9900. or will they just bring new devices and the money is a waste that we spend a month ago on the new phones??
    None of the current devices will run BB10.
    12-31-11 03:31 PM
    what bght the qnx ?
    12-31-11 04:21 PM
    what bght the qnx ?
    What is your question?
    12-31-11 04:26 PM
    NO, BB10 will not be enough to "Save the Brand". IF All RIM does is launch a fantastic OS on relevant technology, they will not win back the US market share and keep their current markets.

RIM needs to couple BB10 with an entirely new way of thinking, they must couple BB10 with a ecosystem that include Media content, Corporate content, cloud solutions (not a single solution, but options) , Developer support, and excitement, and a sales / marketing presence that they have never encompassed, they need to STOP outsourcing their retail sales support staff and take control of the brand,

The PlayBook OS2.0 looks fantastic, but still much more needs to be done before BBX IMO to be truly a stellar UI
    And honestly deRusett, given past history, can you see RIM doing all that? Currently Frick and Frack can't tie their own shoelaces without falling over.
    12-31-11 04:26 PM
    It'll all be moot. By this time next year RIM will be taken out by someone who will no doubt have an entirely different agenda....one without the mismanagement of the two doofusses who've brought this once fine company to its knees.
    12-31-11 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD