If BlackBerry were too cripple or remove the runtime as a widely advertised feature of bb10 (in my case, Passport) I would spend my efforts to develop a class action lawsuit. That would constitute theft of service, breach of promise, false advertising, & more... I would find US and other agencies to fully fund the effort with a view to tie BlackBerry up in court forever bleeding their resources in legal fees until they expire... i would advise BlackBerry not to mess with that.
    09-15-16 01:18 PM
    If BlackBerry were too cripple or remove the runtime as a widely advertised feature of bb10 (in my case, Passport) I would spend my efforts to develop a class action lawsuit. That would constitute theft of service, breach of promise, false advertising, & more... I would find US and other agencies to fully fund the effort with a view to tie BlackBerry up in court forever bleeding their resources in legal fees until they expire... i would advise BlackBerry not to mess with that.
    And then the court tells you that you agreed to terms when you used the device that the software can change at any time and the developers cannot be held legally responsible - especially for software BlackBerry does not own (Android run-time)

Posted via the 5X
    09-15-16 02:02 PM
    I know you're venting but there just isn't any need for BB to remove the runtime. It will die on its own without further development and by then BB10 may only exist as legacy devices just like BBOS.

And no lawyer is going to take on your cause on contingency, there just aren't that many people who care and there isn't alot of good case law for suing for removing features in further smartphone updates. Google would be sued 10x over for all the apps they've abandoned if that were the case.
    09-15-16 02:11 PM
    Consumer advocacy group(s) support together with some good connections does the deed...

I know you're venting but there just isn't any need for BB to remove the runtime. It will die on its own without further development and by then BB10 may only exist as legacy devices just like BBOS.

And no lawyer is going to take on your cause on contingency, there just aren't that many people who care and there isn't alot of good case law for suing for removing features in further smartphone updates. Google would be sued 10x over for all the apps they've abandoned if that were the case.
    09-15-16 02:23 PM
    Consumer advocacy group(s) support together with some good connections does the deed...
    Again I can find no instance of a successful similar suit for features that were abandoned. Advocacy groups have limited resources so they use them to pursue issues that are important for the largest amount of people. Don't care what connections you claim to have.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-15-16 02:26 PM
    If BlackBerry were to continue production of a devices along the line of the classic and passport and continue updates of the browser and some other native apps I would not mind if they removed the android run time in the interests of providing an ultra secure device. Fact is they haven't. BlackBerry ceased production of bb10. removing the runtime is just another step to dropping bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Not directed at you precisely but,
    One can just remove the run time themselves. That's why I never got it when the folks whom were begging for it to be gone, well, not just removing it themselves.

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-15-16 05:19 PM
    I don't care much about android runtime on BlackBerry 10 OS. It does not blend into the BlackBerry 10 OS to give the same experience as Cascades/Native apps offer. If the runtime upgraded to latest and Google Play Services are ported to the runtime then may be I can consider. If that is not heppening, then just take it out. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 06:34 PM
    I don't care much about android runtime on BlackBerry 10 OS. It does not blend into the BlackBerry 10 OS to give the same experience as Cascades/Native apps offer. If the runtime upgraded to latest and Google Play Services are ported to the runtime then may be I can consider. If that is not heppening, then just take it out. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Google Play Services are already ported by Cobalt, you can install them with just a few clicks.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-15-16 11:56 PM
    Google Play Services are already ported by Cobalt, you can install them with just a few clicks.
    I stand corrected. I installed cobalt's google play store. I appreciate cobalt for all the effort he is putting in and the community for patched apps.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-19-16 12:30 AM
    But my first comment stands. Unless ART is upgraded and improved to a better integration with BB10, android apps are still a second class citizen. The mere existence of these apps on the device deteriorates the finesse of BlackBerry 10 flow.

Posted via CB10
    Notna Nosyel and Vistaus like this.
    09-19-16 12:36 AM
    But my first comment stands. Unless ART is upgraded and improved to a better integration with BB10, android apps are still a second class citizen. The mere existence of these apps on the device deteriorates the finesse of BlackBerry 10 flow.

Posted via CB10
    I'd be screwed without a few of my apk's so blending nice for me but to each their own. I did however get a tad app crazy so I removed allot out of the hub I was not using like face10, etc. It never pulled the darn post anyway and the old FB does so...

The beat goes on, hoping to see some improved battery life!...

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-19-16 05:23 AM
61 123