No, but it will solve some problems. Here are the pros and cons:
    Pros:
    official source of android apps for bb10
    Some apps will not require google services
    It has a few big name apps and games
    Cons:
    Apps that require google services will still not work
    The app selection is worse than BlackBerry World
    Browsing for apps is a pain as the Amazon app store is an android app and the search tool is about as useless as the Crackberry search tool
    08-30-14 12:43 PM
    Then what's the point of getting Amazon on BlackBerry if you can't run the Google Play reliant apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 12:52 PM
    Then what's the point of getting Amazon on BlackBerry if you can't run the Google Play reliant apps.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry 10 can already run Amazon appstore so bundling it with 10.3 makes sense because not everybody reads CrackBerry so may not know about it.

It could force developers to show the Amazon appstore more attention.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 01:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Two different companies. 3 when you add BlackBerry to the mix. Amazon can't make Google allow their services and neither can BlackBerry.
    Like someone else said. There's pro's and con's to adding Amazon. I see it as a good thing. But it's not up to Amazon and BlackBerry who gets to use Google services. It's up to Google.
    But we still will have more access to Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 02:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think it's a bigger point that SnoozerBold made.

Because nothing from Amazon requires Google Play Services to begin with.

Amazon is not compliant with Google's terms any more than BlackBerry is, so none of Amazon's apps use Google Services either. That's the point of having the Amazon App store on BlackBerry.

At the same time, Google seems to be quietly forcing more developers to use Google Services, so fewer apps are getting updated in the Amazon store that are updated in the Google Play Store. For example, a few months ago, the WatchESPN app was updated, and suddenly needed Google Play Services to run. It doesn't really need it, but it now won't run on my Z10 because of the GS check. I had to delete it and reload the previous version.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 03:50 PM
    Can someone explain to me why Google would not want to allow BlackBerry to use Google services. If they did then they could have the revenue from a few more million customers. What's the harm (I dare ask)?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 06:08 PM
    Can someone explain to me why Google would not want to allow BlackBerry to use Google services. If they did then they could have the revenue from a few more million customers. What's the harm (I dare ask)?

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=953753
    08-30-14 06:58 PM
    Thanks! I remember the interview where Mr. Chen said he could not deny or confirm if they were making an Android phone. I wonder what he has up his sleeve. Could the Amazon app store be a stop gap for the time being until they release a full Android device?
    I can't imagine using something other than BlackBerry 10. I know there is a lot of development left but I really like it so far and think it has come a long way to only scrap it. Could it be overplayed (a sort of skin) on top of the Android OS? Could it be made to be as secure as BlackBerry 10 or would they just handle that with hosted BES and BES servers with secure workspace?
    I am really curious about the future of BlackBerry.
    Sorry OP if too much off topic.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 08:54 PM