I can assure you that nothing else changed on the evening that I upgraded from 10.2 to 10.3.

Within minutes of the update competition, I notice that the wifi signal no longer had the same strength as it had for the previous 8 months on 10.2.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.1.2558 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    I said, I don't discount real issues. You may want to revert back to a different radio file using Sachesi.

The one thing you may not know for sure is whether or not a neighbor has changed their equipment, which can affect your router's performance. Most routers are set up to change channels and other settings automatically in reaction to other interfering devices in the area. This can, and does often reduce your range and reliability.

Look at threads regarding different radio files, others have had issues like yours and they may help you find a solution.

Good luck.
    03-26-15 12:26 PM
    I can't believe people need to f with their router just because blackberry released an update that doesn't work with theirs. I guess next time I get a windows update I'll have to change everything in my router to make it connect or stay connected? And every other device I own.

Nope, it doesn't happen when other devices issue updates. I am not having those issues but some people are. There is something blackberry changed that some routers don't like or can't adapt to. I suppose everyone having issues needs to buy a new router every time blackberry updates their software? Maybe blackberry should buy them for them?
    I think you are misreading what I said. Many people are not having issues with their WIFI using the same OS. I do realize though that some may have real issuse related to the OS, changing the radio file may help some people. The point of this forum is to help people solve the problem, not just jump on the bandwagon and blame Blackberry for everything and think that it has to be their fault and there is nothing a user can do, or that the problem could not possibly be caused by something else.

Most routers do not have static settings by default. Most use automatic settings that change depending on other signals it encounters in its range. Sometimes new devices are introduced within the router's range that necessitate the router change its settings causing diminished range. Sometimes even old devices change their settings when restarted based on different factors, so even if no one around you introduced a new device, their settings may have changes which can cause issues.

Even static settings on your own router can cause issues, if another router near yours is introduced on the same channel as yours.

To discount even the possibility that there is some issue locally causing interference is detrimental to solving the problem. To explore all possibilities goes a long way to actually fixing an issue. If you do not rule out each possibility you are not adequately troubleshooting the problem. This isn't personal, this is simply someone trying to help a person with an issue.

Here is an example of a tech issue that seemed like it had a simple explanation but ended up being a simple coincidence. I bought a new car, a Nissan Cube. I replaced a PT Cruiser. I had a transponder for EZPass in the PT Cruiser and had it sitting on the dash, it worked perfectly and in fact, I used it right before picking up the new car. I then placed it on the dash of the Cube, it didn't work. I placed it on the windshield as they recommend. It didn't work. I suspected the Cube had one of the newer windshields that had metal oxide in the glass that blocks the signal, after all, the only thing that changed was the car, right? I used the EZPass, then picked up the new car, placed the EZPass in the car, drove on the Turnpike and it didn't work.

I then tried to use it by holding it outside the car out the window. It didn't work. I then gave it to a turnpike toll taker, and he said it wouldn't scan. He said the battery probably failed. I got a new one and low and behold, it worked, inside the car, sitting on the dash.

The old EzPass battery failed at the exact time I picked up the new car. Strange things happen at time and the answer to an issue isn't always the most obvious.

Here are some articles that may help. At the same time, search for articles on changing the radio file in the leaked OS forum, others have had your issue and a different radio file may help, as I stated before.

Good luck.

Coping with Wi-Fi's biggest problem: interference | Network World

Six Things That Block Your Wi-Fi, and How to Fix Them | PCWorld

20 Myths of Wi-Fi Interference - Cisco

5 Factors That Affect a Wireless Router?s Capabilities | eBay
    03-26-15 12:58 PM
    I think you are misreading what I said. Many people are not having issues with their WIFI using the same OS. I do realize though that some may have real issuse related to the OS, changing the radio file may help some people. The point of this forum is to help people solve the problem, not just jump on the bandwagon and blame Blackberry for everything and think that it has to be their fault and there is nothing a user can do, or that the problem could not possibly be caused by something else.

Most routers do not have static settings by default. Most use automatic settings that change depending on other signals it encounters in its range. Sometimes new devices are introduced within the router's range that necessitate the router change its settings causing diminished range. Sometimes even old devices change their settings when restarted based on different factors, so even if no one around you introduced a new device, their settings may have changes which can cause issues.

Even static settings on your own router can cause issues, if another router near yours is introduced on the same channel as yours.

To discount even the possibility that there is some issue locally causing interference is detrimental to solving the problem. To explore all possibilities goes a long way to actually fixing an issue. If you do not rule out each possibility you are not adequately troubleshooting the problem. This isn't personal, this is simply someone trying to help a person with an issue.

Here is an example of a tech issue that seemed like it had a simple explanation but ended up being a simple coincidence. I bought a new car, a Nissan Cube. I replaced a PT Cruiser. I had a transponder for EZPass in the PT Cruiser and had it sitting on the dash, it worked perfectly and in fact, I used it right before picking up the new car. I then placed it on the dash of the Cube, it didn't work. I placed it on the windshield as they recommend. It didn't work. I suspected the Cube had one of the newer windshields that had metal oxide in the glass that blocks the signal, after all, the only thing that changed was the car, right? I used the EZPass, then picked up the new car, placed the EZPass in the car, drove on the Turnpike and it didn't work.

I then tried to use it by holding it outside the car out the window. It didn't work. I then gave it to a turnpike toll taker, and he said it wouldn't scan. He said the battery probably failed. I got a new one and low and behold, it worked, inside the car, sitting on the dash.

The old EzPass battery failed at the exact time I picked up the new car. Strange things happen at time and the answer to an issue isn't always the most obvious.

Here are some articles that may help. At the same time, search for articles on changing the radio file in the leaked OS forum, others have had your issue and a different radio file may help, as I stated before.

Good luck.

Yep I realize all of that. But, when the only thing that changed was the OS on the one device and nothing else and everything else that didn't change still works and the device with issue works again when the older OS is reinstalled I have to say there is an issue with the new OS.

Now granted if blackberry drastically change what security, channels etc. It will accept then they need to warn users that they will need to make changes to their equipment.

From the thread it is not only people with older routers it's also people with brand new routers. Most user don't have knowledge or the time to change several things to see what may or may not work.

I had an issue with an older OS and my router. I did change the channel I was using even though nothing else on my network had connection issues. As odd as it sounds it helped. But a person shouldn't need to change everything just for one device.
    lift, PHughes and eddy_berry like this.
    03-26-15 01:18 PM

Good luck.

And again , if its router then it should have problem connecting with all devices , not only BB ! I tested my on 3 different routers , works perfect with Iphone 5C , nexus 5 , 2x laptop , samsung tab2 , nexus 7 .
    ONLY Q10 WITH 10.3.1 have this issue (10.2.1 DONT HAVE ISSUE)
    lift likes this.
    03-26-15 01:30 PM
    To make it short..
    I tried everything, not just only downgrading. Trust me on this.
    And yeah, maybe it's not 'the' OS but it's definitely something 'in' the os that causes this problem.

Ps. I'm not here to discuss whether or not it's the os.
    Just sharing my experience and thoughts about this.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    YES the same for me ! I am sure that its a bug wifi has lower range !

There is still nobody who reports that bug to BB , then we wonder why they did not fix it - BECAUSE THEY DONT KNOW ABOUT WIFI LOWER RANGE
    03-26-15 01:51 PM
    And again , if its router then it should have problem connecting with all devices , not only BB ! I tested my on 3 different routers , works perfect with Iphone 5C , nexus 5 , 2x laptop , samsung tab2 , nexus 7 .
    I agree, since my experience has been the same. I don't think there is any point arguing. Some people will never accept that the OS may be the cause of the problem!
    lift likes this.
    03-26-15 02:06 PM
    YES the same for me ! I am sure that its a bug wifi has lower range !

There is still nobody who reports that bug to BB , then we wonder why they did not fix it - BECAUSE THEY DONT KNOW ABOUT WIFI LOWER RANGE
    did you report your WIfi issue to BB ? i did , just they are little arrogant .
    03-26-15 02:31 PM
    did you report your WIfi issue to BB ? i did , just they are little arrogant .
    I wrote an email to Mr Clewley ! I wish I knew how to report that to BB knowledge base :-(
    03-26-15 02:56 PM
    Try @BlackBerryHelp Twitter
    03-26-15 04:18 PM
    Once again, take all of what I wrote, not just one part, try a different radio file.
    03-26-15 10:33 PM
    Point is BB should fix it , not me !
    btw only 5-10% BB users will update "non official" radio or apps (most dont know what radio is), its not solution .Thx for trying to help !
    KR2013 and kbz1960 like this.
    03-27-15 02:01 AM
    Wi-Fi SIGNAL IS THE WEAKEST-weakest-link.jpg

All I can think about when I see thread title

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-27-15 01:50 PM
    No problem on Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2576

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 02:12 PM
    Hi everyone.

I still suffer from the Wifi range issue on BB Z30 (STA100-5). My router is Actiontec V1000H, running latest firmware.

In my case, I lose the Wifi connection as soon as I'm a couple of rooms away, especially if I'm too close to any other devices. I have no other issues on any of the other devices, which are two Asus laptops, a Macbook Pro, two Androids, and an iPhone 4S. The range definitely seems weaker compared to 10.2.1 OS.

I have a done security wipe, which did not help. I have also "reloaded" the device on BB Link (fresh 10.2), followed by the 10.3.1 OTA update. This is the closest I could get it to a "clean state." The last 2582 update only slightly made my problems better. I did notice the large update size, which made sense, since they had pulled the previous update.

I have also changed the router settings, from AUTO to Channel 11, with no change. There is no congestion anyway, verified by Wifi Analyzer. I consider myself a very technical person, so I am certain this is a bug. The last incremental update only improved it by a small amount (mostly faster re-connection time).

I've been told on another forum on CB that I should try a "destructive" load (autoloader). Has anyone done it that can verify it fixes my problem? I have already gone through one security wipe, and one software reload + OTA. It's fair to say these processes are quite time consuming, so it's worth asking beforehand.

Also, in the past, I've had OK luck getting through to Blackberry via their Twitter, Blackberryhelp. Has anyone been able to reach them?

Another thought I had was the reason this is not happening to all devices is if you're generally close to your router, the signal is actually very stable. Maybe that's why only some of us are affected?

Thank you.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    03-28-15 12:48 AM
    I've been told on another forum on CB that I should try a "destructive" load (autoloader). Has anyone done it that can verify it fixes my problem?
    No i did that , same !

You can try it , maybe , who knows with BB today .
    03-28-15 03:44 AM
    I'm being told to adjust the settings on my router.

I'm in a hotel.

"I've a BlackBerry, can I have a room closer to your access point please?"

It's meant to be a business phone but 10.3.xxxxed pushed it over the unviable device cliff it was sitting upon.

Posted via CB10
    Warios, theGUNNER, lift and 1 others like this.
    03-28-15 09:23 AM
    I'm having this WiFi issue also on my Z30 with 10.3.1
    Weak connection, it drops and reconnect a lot when I'm in another room.

I downgraded to 10.2.1. used it for 2 days and had no issues at all.

Now back on 10.3.1 and the problem is here again.
    So yes, it's the OS.

I think it's only on z30 and q10 (not sure)
    But on my other devices, z10 and passport I don't have this issue.

Posted via CB10
    OK. It didn't happen on 10.2 and it happened on 10.3. I see an association, but not necessarily a cause.
    Installed Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.281 and I have no more WiFi issues. It was definitely os 10.3.1 that causes the problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 10:48 PM
92 ... 234