OMG! Start from the beginning! Read the thread again! That's is exactly what I've been saying all along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm saying that there are some that have been experiencing issues, but that doesn't means it is the OS itself! Everyone has different experiences. If it were many more would have the same experiences. But they aren't! And just like on BBOS, most of those issues were handled by users actually doing something like OS reloads, and the such. Are you actually willing to sit here and say that many many many issues were not resolved by a wipe, or re-adding WiFi profiles, or a reload?

What have you read here? People saying "yeah, me too!". Have you read a post that said I tried this, or I've tried that and it hasn't helped? NO! You see a bunch of skirting around the issue by saying we've tried everything. What exactly is everything!?!? Why not say what you've tried so others can benefit? How can one single member repeatedly say "we've tried everything"! How can he possibly know what was tried by other members if nothing has been posted about what was tried. It's an assumption.

The only thing I've seen tried so far have been creepy neighborhood outings, that is not any form of true data at all. If you think that is a measure of deduction, I'm worried about the state of affairs around here.

Hypocrisy. I say it may not be the OS. Others say it definitely is the OS. Ok. What proof has been shown that it is the OS? Except for opinions.....

Posted via CB10
    Are you in engineering or accountancy?

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.1.2558 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    03-20-15 09:10 PM
    Guys. Type 'myver'. Is that such a pain ?
    10.3.1 means nothing with so many leaks and official releases.
    How the hell do you expect help ?

(off now. 3AM+)
    Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 09:10 PM
    Guys. Type 'myver'. Is that such a pain ?
    10.3.1 means nothing with so many leaks an official.
    How the hell do you expect help ?

Posted via CB10
    I used every 10.3.1 version. With all of them I have this issue
    Currently using 10.3.1.2582

Posted via CB10
    lift and Magnetox like this.
    03-20-15 09:13 PM
    I'm having this WiFi issue also on my Z30 with 10.3.1
    Weak connection, it drops and reconnect a lot when I'm in another room.

I downgraded to 10.2.1. used it for 2 days and had no issues at all.

Now back on 10.3.1 and the problem is here again.
    So yes, it's the OS.

I think it's only on z30 and q10 (not sure)
    But on my other devices, z10 and passport I don't have this issue.

Posted via CB10
    OK. It didn't happen on 10.2 and it happened on 10.3. I see an association, but not necessarily a cause.

How do you know you didn't have a fractured file in your OS? Have you tried using files from alternative sources or have you been reloading the same OS from the same source every time? Haven't you seen some people around here upload bad OS files? Never? I've seen that several instances.

What about the many reports of apps working continuously in the background and had to be deleted and reinstalled to stop that behavior after upgrading.

Some experience high PIN sync numbers when others haven't seen that. Does that mean it's the OS definitely? Could it be redundant synchronization from various accounts that handle data differently? Why does it just have to be the OS?

What I'm getting at it there is more to it than just your personal experience. You have to take into account that everyone is not experiencing the same results. There must be a methodical reasoning behind Suttons. Not just "I upgraded, therefore the OS is bad"

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 09:15 PM
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2582
    'myver' adds device and subtype too... helps.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 09:16 PM
    Most welcome. Someone with a logical mindset. There does seem to be a few on here that do not understand the rules of logic.

This is what I've said all along... go back and read this same thread. Other perceptions and approaches are not welcomed here. If you don't come here saying what others want you to say, you're wrong. This is the hand holding and caressing that I speak of. It's only the right answer if you agree. No proof, but just agree.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 09:18 PM
    OK. It didn't happen on 10.2 and it happened on 10.3. I see an association, but not necessarily a cause.

Posted via CB10
    To make it short..
    I tried everything, not just only downgrading. Trust me on this.
    And yeah, maybe it's not 'the' OS but it's definitely something 'in' the os that causes this problem.

Ps. I'm not here to discuss whether or not it's the os.
    Just sharing my experience and thoughts about this.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    03-20-15 09:30 PM
    10.3.1.2558, I did an update on like three days ago and compared with my previous OS, this is extremely weak
    So if you compared them, what were the signal strengths for both OS's as reported by the AP and phone for the exact same test location?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 10:12 PM
    I used every 10.3.1 version. With all of them I have this issue
    Currently using 10.3.1.2582

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 10:20 PM
    OK, how about a little

03-20-15 10:35 PM

Especially mine.

Thread has been cleaned of all the bickering. Please stay on topic, and for Pete's sake,

PLAY NICE.
    Superfly_FR and pkcable like this.
    03-20-15 11:15 PM
    I'm saying that there are some that have been experiencing issues, but that doesn't means it is the OS itself! Everyone has different experiences. If it were many more would have the same experiences. But they aren't! And just like on BBOS, most of those issues were handled by users actually doing something like OS reloads, and the such. Are you actually willing to sit here and say that many many many issues were not resolved by a wipe, or re-adding WiFi profiles, or a reload?

What have you read here? People saying "yeah, me too!". Have you read a post that said I tried this, or I've tried that and it hasn't helped? NO! You see a bunch of skirting around the issue by saying we've tried everything. What exactly is everything!?!? Why not say what you've tried so others can benefit? How can one single member repeatedly say "we've tried everything"! How can he possibly know what was tried by other members if nothing has been posted about what was tried. It's an assumption.

Hypocrisy. I say it may not be the OS. Others say it definitely is the OS. Ok. What proof has been shown that it is the OS? Except for opinions.....
    It is actually irrelevant whether it's the OS or something else. The point is some people are having problems with the weak or breakimg wifi signals. I myself have definitely noticed it in my Z30 on the recent official OTA upgraded 10.3.1.1767 (2558). I have never sideloaded anything, and don't even know how to do it. I have tried my Z30 against my Nexus simultaneously in various wifi environments (home, airport, friend's house). My Z30 consistently shows weaker signal, and keeps dropping in and out, while the Nexus or my friends' phones don't.

Whether it's the OS or not doesn't matter. I am not that tech savvy to figure out the router settings and try to diagnose the problem. I expect BlackBerry to do that for me. If there is something in the OS, it needs to be fixed. If it is because of the router settings, I want BlackBerry to do something in its OS so that it can handle various router settings (of course, assuming it is not a bad/broken router!). If others can do it, BlackBerry should be able to figure it out too!
    kbz1960, etnt7, blackmoe and 1 others like this.
    03-21-15 07:01 AM
    Same experience here. Classic (last leak) vs Xperia z3. Classic really poor comparing with Sony.
    03-21-15 07:13 AM
    I'm on 10.3.1.1779 with my passport and have also weak signal like with previous builds...
    Cellular signal is also bad. My old LG smartphone which I bought for 99� has better Wifi and cell signal... blackberry please fix this issue

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 08:11 AM
    I agree, even with 10.3.0. My old Galaxy S4 would have three bars when my Passport's WiFi sign would be greyed out. It's frustrating that till now they haven't fixed it, but they did improve it from 10.3.0 to 10.3.1.

I talked to BBHelp on twitter a few months back about and they suggested I get my phone fixed. Yikes...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 08:15 AM
    Did my phone change - no

Did my router change - no

Did my router jump into a cupboard - no

Did wifi perform well with 10.2 - yes

Does wifi perform well with 10.3 - no

Then there can only be one answer, OS - yes

Are there any new sources of interference that you are not aware of? Sometimes neighbors can introduce new routers or other devices that can cause issues. Also, some automatic settings on routers can change from time to time due to devices in the area, channels, etc., this can cause problems. If you are on 5ghz, you may have less range than on 2.4ghz.

I am not discounting real issues, I am however saying it could be something people aren't thinking of. I have no issues with mine, but I am on 10.3.1.2072. You could try different radio file using Sachesi if you cannot find another source for the issue.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-21-15 11:29 AM
    Whether it's the OS or not doesn't matter. I am not that tech savvy to figure out the router settings and try to diagnose the problem. I expect BlackBerry to do that for me. If there is something in the OS, it needs to be fixed. If it is because of the router settings, I want BlackBerry to do something in its OS so that it can handle various router settings (of course, assuming it is not a bad/broken router!). If others can do it, BlackBerry should be able to figure it out too!
    Blackberry cannot fix your router settings, it doesn't work that way, nor can it apply settings on itself that help bad server settings that affect range.
    03-21-15 11:30 AM
    Blackberry cannot fix your router settings, it doesn't work that way, nor can it apply settings on itself that help bad server settings that affect range.
    I can't believe people need to f with their router just because blackberry released an update that doesn't work with theirs. I guess next time I get a windows update I'll have to change everything in my router to make it connect or stay connected? And every other device I own.

Nope, it doesn't happen when other devices issue updates. I am not having those issues but some people are. There is something blackberry changed that some routers don't like or can't adapt to. I suppose everyone having issues needs to buy a new router every time blackberry updates their software? Maybe blackberry should buy them for them?
    lift, eddy_berry, Magnetox and 1 others like this.
    03-21-15 11:43 AM
    I think you missed the point. Nobody argues that if there is something wrong with the router, the OS can fix it. The point was that if other devices can deal with the so called routers that are not set properly, how come BlackBerry can't. Basically, the question still is whether the problem is with the BlackBerry OS or the routers. And, since other devices don't seem to have an issue with the same routers, then it is not unreasonable to assume that the problem is with the OS!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-21-15 11:55 AM
    Are there any new sources of interference that you are not aware of? Sometimes neighbors can introduce new routers or other devices that can cause issues. Also, some automatic settings on routers can change from time to time due to devices in the area, channels, etc., this can cause problems. If you are on 5ghz, you may have less range than on 2.4ghz.

I am not discounting real issues, I am however saying it could be something people aren't thinking of. I have no issues with mine, but I am on 10.3.1.2072. You could try different radio file using Sachesi if you cannot find another source for the issue.
    I can assure you that nothing else changed on the evening that I upgraded from 10.2 to 10.3.

Within minutes of the update competition, I notice that the wifi signal no longer had the same strength as it had for the previous 8 months on 10.2.

lift likes this.
    03-21-15 12:27 PM
    Z30STA100-6/10.3.1.2558

Wi-fi much better and no bugs.

Why Blackberry? Because I can!
    03-21-15 12:37 PM
    Why do people immediately assume that it must be your router? I have a very high end modern router. I am very capable of knowing about channels and interference from neighboring routers. I have my router set-up and working perfectly and it has been that way for months. The ONLY thing that changed on one of my Q10's was the OS. Went from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1. Wifi signal is much lower. Also, I don't see many of my neighbors routers with 10.3.1 that I can see with 10.2.1. How many times must people point out facts like this for the nay Sayers to realize that it is something in the new OS that is causing this. Also, I have noticed that the cellular signal on 10.3.1 is a little lower too.
    Seems like BlackBerry is trying to lower the radio performance to make the battery life better but I really don't think this is such a great idea. Blackberry's were always known for getting great reception and that is getting ruined now. Come on BlackBerry, smarten up.
    03-21-15 12:41 PM
    Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2582

Data off: same result

Network radio off: same result

Router nor furniture has moved or changed in probably years.

For the record I have better LTE cell reception. It does the opposite of the wi-fi; it holds on to one bar and doesn't downgrade to H+.

Standard wi-fi signal strength scale from 0 to 100% is -95dBm to -35dBm. 50% is -65dBm. My phone disconnects at -85dBm. It also shows full bars at anything higher than -69dBm. Standing in the same spot at work I get -72dBm where on 10.2 I had -50dBm (full bars). I know this from troubleshooting Z10s last fall that could not connect and checking my Q10 signal for reference.

Edit: higher not lower. Negative numbers you know.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by eddy_berry; 03-21-15 at 07:58 PM.
    lift and Magnetox like this.
    03-21-15 01:30 PM
    It's definitely the OS. With 10.2.1 I had the same router and I never faced such an issue

Posted via CB10
    1+
    03-21-15 01:53 PM
    I read on another forum that turning the phone of for about 30 minutes and then restarting has resolved WiFi issues for some.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 02:51 PM
92 1234