True , better low signal then none ! And if it worked fine with 10.2 it should work with 10.3 .
    03-20-15 12:09 PM
    Did my phone change - no

Did my router change - no

Did my router jump into a cupboard - no

Did wifi perform well with 10.2 - yes

Does wifi perform well with 10.3 - no

Then there can only be one answer, OS - yes

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.1.2558 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    03-20-15 12:09 PM
    It definitely does matter which version of 10.3.1 you're on - several users have seen improvements with their wifi connectivity since upgrading to 10.3.1.2576/10.3.1.2582. BlackBerry is actually doing a pretty good job of cleaning the mess they created with 10.3.1.2243/10.3.1.2267.
    I did mention that the latest official 10.3 actually repaired wi-fi connectivity on Z10s at my work.

Yes, there are definitely a lot of users with wifi connectivity issues with the original 10.3.1 release - I don't think all of their routers decided to go on strike together. madbrad is notorious for being nothing but argumentative, I don't know why you're dignifying him with a response.
    He just doesn't believe it is an OS issue. That's his opinion and he's entitled to it. I don't see how it can't be since nothing has changed EXCEPT THE OS. Logical troubleshooting. What, if anything, in the equation has changed. The OS. Could it be an app or a setting that is interfering with some OS level API. Who knows? I don't. But then it's that apps compatibility with this OS.

All I'm saying for certain is it isn't my router. This has been an issue since early 10.3.1 leaks. I use leaks both destructively and non destructively, but many people who are also finding issues are only using official OTA releases. They are seeing the difference immediately from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1 and, like I said earlier, many may not even notice the change due to their specific usage of wi-fi. When the issue arose for me many many months ago I used non destructive autoloaders and fresh installs to fix low notification and vibration phone ringer issues we all know about now. I wasn't alone then and official releases now means there are more people noticing the issue. Not everybody is seeing an issue doesn't mean it doesn't exist and is consistant with the upgrade to 10.3.1. Sounds familiar doesn't it? Either way I have helped myself and tried many ways to correct this and other 10.3.1 issues, but it isn't going to change the OS. I just hope they can rectify it sooner than... not at all.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 12:24 PM
    I did mention that the latest official 10.3 actually repaired wi-fi connectivity on Z10s at my work...
    I saw your comment about your wifi problem being fixed with the latest update, that part of my previous comment was directed at the other two users

I'm all for people being entitled to their own opinions, but madbrad is obviously trolling - we know it's an OS issue (dangerousfen's comment above describes pretty accurately how we know), and so do all these people:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l-stop-996637/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-3-1-a-999516/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...arning-999934/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...heeelp-998882/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rsists-998374/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...565-a-1001147/

I agree with you on all fronts, except your decision to reply to madbrad
    03-20-15 12:34 PM
    I'll add my voice to this... just because.

Z10, -3 model on AT&T. Running 10.3.1.2582 at the moment.

I have NO wi-fi issues. I've had some forms of 10.3.1 on this phone since last October. Never noticed any change in wi-fi strength, connection capabilities, or performance.

Certainly, no change from how it was under 10.2.1, or 10.2.0, or 10.1 before that.

In fact, there's also never been a change in mobile signal performance either in all the OS builds I've loaded with the related radio. Never have I had to try another radio from a different build.

And, although not the point of this particular thread, I can also say that my battery performance has never changed in 20 months that I've had this phone. It's never gotten better - but it's also never gotten worse.

I don't know what all that means, but, there you go.

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 and jaydee5799 like this.
    03-20-15 12:35 PM
    Ι have to agree as well..The wifi signal is extremely poor.Compared to other devices as well which don't have any problem at all.
    03-20-15 12:35 PM
    Maybe its only on some specific devices ? Some kind of hardware bug in 1000+pcs. (ex. Build from 10.10.2013- ? )
    I have SQN100-3 , unlocked , 18mnth young.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 12:42 PM
    Add me to the list of people are have problems with wifi on my Z30 since 10.3.1. I'm on 2558 and my wifi disconnects frequently, which runs up my data since I don't always notice it right away. And yes it started with the OS update. Reading about hints from other users with the same problem I now changed from dual band to 2.4 ghz which limited the disconnects significantly. I'm convinced that there is a bug in the OS.
    lift likes this.
    03-20-15 12:54 PM
    Well, as I stated... There are obviously some who may have this issue, but it is not widespread. So the only option I can see is to take the initiative with self-help. Doing nothing but saying "me too!" can change nothing.

Hope to see your issues resolved soon.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Are you out of your mind? When people are saying that it's not the router but the OS then can't you understand? When people are saying that with 10.2.1 the reception was just fine and now with 10.3.1 frequent loss of connectivity is happening. If it's not happening with you then why don't you stop posting here? This is for those who are actually facing an issue and are looking for some solution. Thanks for whatever help you offered but I guess you are not understanding.

Posted via CB10
    lift, Magnetox and etnt7 like this.
    03-20-15 01:38 PM
    This is what on other OSes are called "false signal"
    What happens is that previous OS and other platforms miscalculate the actual signal strength, meaning, in many cases even if you still have 1-2 bars, you can't actually call or use the mobile network
    What BB did is accurately display the signal strength, so when it's not possible to call, it shows no signal at all
    O.K. after reading this post I had to chime in. You are flat out wrong with your theory. On OS 10.2.1.3442 not only was the wifi signal of my own router stronger, but I could also pick-up many more wifi signals in the neighborhood than I now get with OS 10.3.1.2582. So that smacks with your theory right there. What changed???? My neighbors shut off all their routers?? My router suddenly got wimpy?? No, there is a radio issue with the Wifi software in the newer 10.3.1. versions. MY theory is that BlackBerry made some tweaks to save some battery juice and messed up.
    "false signal" LOL. By the way, we are talking WIFI not "mobile network" like you also said (directed to masterscarhead1).
    Magnetox and Naziem13 like this.
    03-20-15 03:45 PM
    Running 10.3.1 when you turn on wifi look at how many other wifi signals you get in your neighborhood. Is it about the same as when you were running 10.2.1? NO! Not even close. I just did a comparison with 2 Q10's. One running 10.3.1.2582 and the other running 10.2.1.3442. Standing in the same exact spot in my house, I pick-up MANY more of my neighborhoods wifi signals on the 10.2.1 Q10 then on the 10.3.1 Q10. Why?? Because the 10.3.1 radio is weaker. End of discussion. How you people can say it's your router or you haven't noticed any difference is ridiculous. The OP and many others here in this thread are correct and I wish some of you people would stop insisting there is no issue when clearly there is.
    Magnetox and Naziem13 like this.
    03-20-15 03:59 PM
    Running 10.3.1 when you turn on wifi look at how many other wifi signals you get in your neighborhood. Is it about the same as when you were running 10.2.1? NO! Not even close. I just did a comparison with 2 Q10's. One running 10.3.1.2582 and the other running 10.2.1.3442. Standing in the same exact spot in my house, I pick-up MANY more of my neighborhoods wifi signals on the 10.2.1 Q10 then on the 10.3.1 Q10. Why?? Because the 10.3.1 radio is weaker. End of discussion. How you people can say it's your router or you haven't noticed any difference is ridiculous. The OP and many others here in this thread are correct and I wish some of you people would stop insisting there is no issue when clearly there is.
    Speak for yourself. What if we don't have any issues with wifi. Or don't notice any difference?

Via CB10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2582 
    03-20-15 04:22 PM
    You did exactly what I was going to do since I have a spare Q10. Saved me some time.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    03-20-15 04:37 PM
    Speak for yourself. What if we don't have any issues with wifi. Or don't notice any difference?

Good for you man. That's just the luck of the draw it seems. I don't know of too many Passports with this signal issue though. There are some that have noticed a big change. Myself included. I noticed it a long time ago with leaks whereas now it is becoming an issue with more people because of the official release of 10.3.1. My home wi-fi is much better though than the one at work. It could be due to the older system, but it still cuts out from a shorter distance than it did on 10.2.1 for me. The work one was noticeable because my work space moved closer to the router 6 months ago and 10.3.1 cut out in the new spot where 10.2.1 was fine. I will say it again though. The Z10s at work were never able to connect until 10.3.1. So those guys are happier now. Go figure.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    03-20-15 04:46 PM

Maybe you don't notice anything different. That doesn't mean there are not real differences for many people on different BlackBerry devices. It is very obvious on my Q10's. I have a few Z10's laying around that I may try when I get around to it.
    03-20-15 07:43 PM
    I think a lot of people have this issue but don't know about it. I also have this issue. I want you to test this for those who think they don't have it. Install wifi analyzer. Android app. And no it worked just fine on before OS. Scan the wifi signals. If you see the dbm strength of one wifi signal wobble a lot in strength. Then you have the problem to. It isn't stable. When you see signals frequently disappear. Then you have the problem also. Wifi isn't stable.

 Z30 STA100-5/10.3.1.2582
    lift likes this.
    03-20-15 07:59 PM
    Router usually has heavy traffic and is not dedicated do use 4G LTE for heavy download request.
    Just some thoughts.
    Michael in Atl

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 08:05 PM
    It's so hard to answer a question without diag.

0. For all, type 'myver' on your KB and have a look at suggestions. See your model an OS? Ok: swipe it. Start here. Thanks.

1. (for those who updated or restored a backup) . Airplane mode + settings / network / wifi / saved (bottom) : delete problematic connexion. (optional fresh restart : at least be sure no headless app is running) Enable wifi only set connection again, if you can WPS : do it.

2. You router may not have changed but your neighborhood may have. Use a wifi scanner to check the channel you use is not overused.

3. Troubleshoot : is that really wifi problem ? If cell voice/data is on or off, any difference ?

Then there might be additional questions of any kind... but it's 2AM here...

A simple 'it suxs' never helped anyone. It's just a rant. Rants are useless.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2582 here with near perfect wifi.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-20-15 at 08:11 PM. Reason: sorry multiples typos...
    03-20-15 08:06 PM
    Look Madbrad, I've checked out your profile, you've been around here as long as I have.

Let's go back to BBOS. Remember when OS6 was leaked for the 9700? Even when it was made official, the same release of that OS would run differently on identical devices. It's the way it's always been.

It was no different for the 9900. People would complain that the radio was rubbish, others would say it ran great.

We have the same issue here with this wifi problem. Some devices are affected, others are not.

It's so logical that its the OS that is to blame, even though others don't experience it. Cast your mind back to those magical, frustrating days mate.

Hey ho.

Alan.

Edit: you may also remember that eventually they released 862 for the 9900 after many other releases and everyone was happy with it.

Last edited by dangerousfen; 03-20-15 at 08:22 PM.
    03-20-15 08:06 PM
    Further to my previous post, I am firmly convinced that BlackBerry will get this and other outstanding issues sorted. We just have to have a little patients.

After all, 10.3 is a bloody good OS.

03-20-15 08:38 PM
    I think a lot of people have this issue but don't know about it. I also have this issue. I want you to test this for those who think they don't have it. Install wifi analyzer. Android app. And no it worked just fine on before OS. Scan the wifi signals. If you see the dbm strength of one wifi signal wobble a lot in strength. Then you have the problem to. It isn't stable. When you see signals frequently disappear. Then you have the problem also. Wifi isn't stable.

 Z30 STA100-5/10.3.1.2582
    I can agree with this more than anything else because I see someone actually did SOMETHING. Other than keep expressing an opinion. Opinions are not facts.

Nothing but personal deductions riding around town. Because that's just dumb. Who goes around looking for other people's signals? Users I know link to known locations. I don't judge my signal strength on how many routers I can pick up. I judge my signal strength on my known and saved locations. That's just plain old creepy.

Posted via CB10
    Naziem13 likes this.
    03-20-15 08:49 PM
    It's so hard to answer a question without diag.

0. For all, type 'myver' on your KB and have a look at suggestions. See your model an OS? Ok: swipe it. Start here. Thanks.

1. (for those who updated or restored a backup) . Airplane mode + settings / network / wifi / saved (bottom) : delete problematic connexion. (optional fresh restart : at least be sure no headless app is running) Enable wifi only set connection again, if you can WPS : do it.

2. You router may not have changed but your neighborhood may have. Use a wifi scanner to check the channel you use is not overused.

3. Troubleshoot : is that really wifi problem ? If cell voice/data is on or off, any difference ?

Then there might be additional questions of any kind... but it's 2AM here...

A simple 'it suxs' never helped anyone. It's just a rant. Rants are useless.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2582 here with near perfect wifi.
    This is a sensible post. It shows actions that can be taken to deduce what is happening. It may not be a router issue at all, but there is no opportunity to try to suggest anything else because people are morbidly fixated on it NEVER being that without knowing if it is or isn't. No one is willing to move on to other ideas because they are stuck on stupid thinking some mythical person stated it definitely is the router! It can be a myriad of things, but you won't know if your relegated to just saying it's gotta be the OS with no testing of alternative solutions.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 08:54 PM
    I'm having this WiFi issue also on my Z30 with 10.3.1
    Weak connection, it drops and reconnect a lot when I'm in another room.

I downgraded to 10.2.1. used it for 2 days and had no issues at all.

Now back on 10.3.1 and the problem is here again.
    So yes, it's the OS.

I think it's only on z30 and q10 (not sure)
    But on my other devices, z10 and passport I don't have this issue.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    03-20-15 08:59 PM
    I'm having this WiFi issue also on my Z30 with 10.3.1
    Weak connection, it drops and reconnect a lot when I'm in another room.

I downgraded to 10.2.1. used it for 2 days and had no issues at all.

Now back on 10.3.1 and the problem is here again.
    So yes, it's the OS.

I think it's only on z30 and q10 (not sure)
    But on my other devices, z10 and passport I don't have this issue.

Posted via CB10
    Most welcome. Someone with a logical mindset. There does seem to be a few on here that do not understand the rules of logic.

lift, blackmoe and Magnetox like this.
    03-20-15 09:05 PM
    Look Madbrad, I've checked out your profile, you've been around here as long as I have.

Let's go back to BBOS. Remember when OS6 was leaked for the 9700? Even when it was made official, the same release of that OS would run differently on identical devices. It's the way it's always been.

It was no different for the 9900. People would complain that the radio was rubbish, others would say it ran great.

We have the same issue here with this wifi problem. Some devices are affected, others are not.

It's so logical that its the OS that is to blame, even though others don't experience it. Cast your mind back to those magical, frustrating days mate.

Hey ho.

Alan.

Edit: you may also remember that eventually they released 862 for the 9900 after many other releases and everyone was happy with it.

OMG! Start from the beginning! Read the thread again! That's is exactly what I've been saying all along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm saying that there are some that have been experiencing issues, but that doesn't means it is the OS itself! Everyone has different experiences. If it were many more would have the same experiences. But they aren't! And just like on BBOS, most of those issues were handled by users actually doing something like OS reloads, and the such. Are you actually willing to sit here and say that many many many issues were not resolved by a wipe, or re-adding WiFi profiles, or a reload?

What have you read here? People saying "yeah, me too!". Have you read a post that said I tried this, or I've tried that and it hasn't helped? NO! You see a bunch of skirting around the issue by saying we've tried everything. What exactly is everything!?!? Why not say what you've tried so others can benefit? How can one single member repeatedly say "we've tried everything"! How can he possibly know what was tried by other members if nothing has been posted about what was tried. It's an assumption.

The only thing I've seen tried so far have been creepy neighborhood outings, that is not any form of true data at all. If you think that is a measure of deduction, I'm worried about the state of affairs around here.

Hypocrisy. I say it may not be the OS. Others say it definitely is the OS. Ok. What proof has been shown that it is the OS? Except for opinions.....

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 09:07 PM
92 1234