10.3.1 has a serious Wi-Fi issue and I just wanna know whether this issue has been approved by BlackBerry and whether it'll be solved in the next update?

Posted via CB10
    theGUNNER likes this.
    03-20-15 12:31 AM
    I thought its my gadget that had the issues with WIFI, its very weak. Extremely
    alberto espel likes this.
    03-20-15 12:36 AM
    Which version of OS 10.3.1 is installed on your phone?

Posted via CB10
    Karichu likes this.
    03-20-15 12:39 AM
    10.3.1.2558, I did an update on like three days ago and compared with my previous OS, this is extremely weak
    03-20-15 02:19 AM
    BB knows that from first 10.3.1, just dont care ! I like BB just i think they are gone from making devices for masses in next 1-2 years . (if they dont corporate with google or ms )
    Magnetox likes this.
    03-20-15 04:44 AM
    BB knows that from first 10.3.1, just dont care ! I like BB just i think they are gone from making devices for masses in next 1-2 years . (if they dont corporate with google or ms )
    Nonsense

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    03-20-15 05:10 AM
    Ok .
    Can you explain why not ?!
    I see BB going down last 4-5 years, is it possible to BB stop producing devices ? (like many BIG phone companies before ,Nokia , Ericsson sold in 100 millions worldwide )
    I will hate to see this .
    03-20-15 05:17 AM
    10.3.1.2558, I did an update on like three days ago and compared with my previous OS, this is extremely weak
    Another new update has been released, 10.3.1.2582. Try on it .

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 05:22 AM
    Yes,
    The WiFi is very poor no matter which 10.1.3 version is used.
    With so many leaks and update this issue is not a valid issue for BB it seems.
    theGUNNER likes this.
    03-20-15 05:37 AM
    10.3.1 has a serious Wi-Fi issue and I just wanna know whether this issue has been approved by BlackBerry and whether it'll be solved in the next update?

Posted via CB10
    Many have no issues at all with WiFi or even WiFi Calling. Have you ever thought it may not be your device but your router? There are quite a few threads with great solutions regarding tweaking your router to give your device signal preference. Many have reported great results. You can do a forum search for that material and apply the solutions yourself to see if you get better results.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Karichu and CerveloJohn like this.
    03-20-15 06:21 AM
    I haven't noticed any difference in my WiFi but I have a newer router, don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.
    03-20-15 06:31 AM
    Many have no issues at all with WiFi or even WiFi Calling. Have you ever thought it may not be your device but your router? There are quite a few threads with great solutions regarding tweaking your router to give your device signal preference. Many have reported great results. You can do a forum search for that material and apply the solutions yourself to see if you get better results.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    It's actually not. It is the OS. At work: Struggle to get signal. Connects at 1-2 bars and then constantly disconnects and reconnects. Finds the signal and then can't. There are dead zones where there shouldn't be. At home: connects with 3 bars (good signal). In areas of the house where I used to get full bars on 10.2.1 I now remain at 3 bars. At work or at home, doesn't matter, everyone around me has connectivity on Androids and iPhones. I noticed this problem moving from some 10.3 leak to 10.3.1 leaks if I remember correctly. The same problem persists on official. The only thing I haven't tried is a fresh install and wipe, but I have read people doing that and having the same issue after anyway.

Edit: I think the type of router and wireless system has an effect, but the overall signal is weaker. I have not noticed a drop in signal strength on 5GHz signals for example, but they are not ideal for large homes or offices as it is.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by eddy_berry; 03-20-15 at 06:58 AM.
    03-20-15 06:42 AM
    It's actually not. It is the OS. At work: Struggle to get signal. Connects at 1-2 bars and then constantly disconnects and reconnects. Finds the signal and then can't. There are dead zones where there shouldn't be. At home: connects with 3 bars (good signal). In areas of the house where I used to get full bars on 10.2.1 I now remain at 3 bars. At work or at home, doesn't matter, everyone around me has connectivity on Androids and iPhones. I noticed this problem moving from some 10.3 leak to 10.3.1 leaks if I remember correctly. The same problem persists on official. The only thing I haven't tried is a fresh install and wipe, but I have read people doing that and having the same issue after anyway.

Posted via CB10
    OK. But just think about what is being said here. If many many users do not have issues, wouldn't you tend to think that it may not be the device but the routers accessed? There are definitely issues that you are seeing, but if it was the OS itself wouldn't it be affecting most users? That would be logical correct? Just like the recent is update that was pulled because it was affecting MOST users. That makes much more sense to me.

Especially if you are receiving different results on various routers.

Just writing it off as the OS without even attempting to try better solutions will guarantee you will continue to have issues.

There are solutions that greater minds than I have went through the trouble to share here. Unless this is one of those threads where people just want to have 30 posts of similar experiences and bashing the OS, and don't "really" want to help themselves with solutions.

I hope things work out for you.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-20-15 06:56 AM
    Something weird has and is happening to my passport ,got 1 bar on wifi,restarted and now have all the bars,before the restart I could not get my Browser to work,waiting for the update,oh well
    03-20-15 07:03 AM
    OK. But just think about what is being said here. If many many users do not have issues, wouldn't you tend to think that it may not be the device but the routers accessed? There are definitely issues that you are seeing, but if it was the OS itself wouldn't it be affecting most users? That would be logical correct? Just like the recent is update that was pulled because it was affecting MOST users. That makes much more sense to me.

Especially if you are receiving different results on various routers.

Just writing it off as the OS without even attempting to try better solutions will guarantee you will continue to have issues.

There are solutions that greater minds than I have went through the trouble to share here. Unless this is one of those threads where people just want to have 30 posts of similar experiences and bashing the OS, and don't "really" want to help themselves with solutions.

I hope things work out for you.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Okay, but when the only thing that has changed is the OS then logically that would be the source of the problem. I'm not bashing the OS, but I'm not the only one who has noticed the change. Fiddling with router settings at work is a no go. Can't do it. Also pointless if every other device on the same network is perfectly fine. I'm just saying that the OP is not alone in a legitimate complaint. On 10.2.1, mind you I was on a Q10 at the time, I had perfect reception at work. The router at work is never changed or even touched. Interestingly though 10.3.1 fixed wi-fi issues on the few Z10 devices at work. I have no issues at home except the signal cuts out closer to the router than it did before. Maybe it will all go away when we all switch to 802.11ac routers, but when will that happen? Especially in a work environment that has no wi-fi issues.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 08:13 AM
    Okay, but when the only thing that has changed is the OS then logically that would be the source of the problem. I'm not bashing the OS, but I'm not the only one who has noticed the change. Fiddling with router settings at work is a no go. Can't do it. Also pointless if every other device on the same network is perfectly fine. I'm just saying that the OP is not alone in a legitimate complaint. On 10.2.1, mind you I was on a Q10 at the time, I had perfect reception at work. The router at work is never changed or even touched. Interestingly though 10.3.1 fixed wi-fi issues on the few Z10 devices at work. I have no issues at home except the signal cuts out closer to the router than it did before. Maybe it will all go away when we all switch to 802.11ac routers, but when will that happen? Especially in a work environment that has no wi-fi issues.

Posted via CB10
    Well, as I stated... There are obviously some who may have this issue, but it is not widespread. So the only option I can see is to take the initiative with self-help. Doing nothing but saying "me too!" can change nothing.

Hope to see your issues resolved soon.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 08:21 AM
    It's definitely the OS. With 10.2.1 I had the same router and I never faced such an issue

Posted via CB10
    theGUNNER likes this.
    03-20-15 09:43 AM
    This is what on other OSes are called "false signal"
    What happens is that previous OS and other platforms miscalculate the actual signal strength, meaning, in many cases even if you still have 1-2 bars, you can't actually call or use the mobile network
    What BB did is accurately display the signal strength, so when it's not possible to call, it shows no signal at all
    Blacklatino, BionicKris and Elite1 like this.
    03-20-15 09:58 AM
    I just wanted to add myself to the list of people with wifi problems since 10.3.1. I did do a clean install of the OS, so that does not help. My phone connects to my home wifi just fine, but at work it's a real pain. In my office I used to get 3 or 4 bars of signal, but now I get 1 or 2. And if it disconnects, it refuses to reconnect unless I leave my office and go closer to the router. It used to connect just fine.
    03-20-15 10:10 AM
    I have found that for my phone, the 2558 and 2582 leaks have improved the wifi signal greatly. This wasn't the case earlier.
    03-20-15 10:13 AM
    This is what on other OSes are called "false signal"
    What happens is that previous OS and other platforms miscalculate the actual signal strength, meaning, in many cases even if you still have 1-2 bars, you can't actually call or use the mobile network
    What BB did is accurately display the signal strength, so when it's not possible to call, it shows no signal at all
    Good response. I was thinking the same thing too, but it doesn't really explain why my signal strength jumps from 2 bars to one and then disconnects and then reconnects with 2 bars while I'm at work. The phone doesn't move. If it grabs a 2-3 bar signal it won't disconnect. I would rather have false signals so that the wi-fi is just slow or stops but doesn't switch to mobile data. This is good for me who has a limited data plan and likes to stream music at work. I'd rather have the music stop. Some music streaming apps close when no data is present (I turn off data). If this true and it is the realistic signal we are seeing then there isn't much anyone can do then. If it were up to me I would just move my work space closer. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 10:32 AM
    Its OS . I have 2x Q10 , i tried on both 10.3.1 and wifi signal is �bad� ! On 10.2 signal is perfect . Tested on 3 routers !
    Yes i did wipe , restart , new clean install ! Nothing helps !
    And this true/false signal is nosense ! ( i dont use wifi to talk)
    Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    03-20-15 10:59 AM
    Its OS . I have 2x Q10 , i tried on both 10.3.1 and wifi signal is �bad� ! On 10.2 signal is perfect . Tested on 3 routers !
    Yes i did wipe , restart , new clean install ! Nothing helps !
    And this true/false signal is nosense ! ( i dont use wifi to talk)
    Posted via CB10
    Exactly because even if true signal then why it cuts out completely when it drops to one bar? I used to be able to have some wi-fi connection with one bar.

Posted via CB10
    lift and Warios like this.
    03-20-15 11:09 AM
    I'm having no problems with WIFI. I'm on 10.3.1.2072. My router is on the main floor of my house in the front, and I can get into my car in the driveway behind the house, downstairs and still get a very good signal, over 40 feet away, downstairs, in a car with the doors shut. I can drive away and keep the signal for a while. Check your router.
    03-20-15 11:18 AM
    Can someone explain to me how it can be the OS when millions of users around the world have not reported this same issue?
    Can you explain to me why I recently took my car in for a recall and the dealer found I wasn't having an issue with the problem being addressed? Why he also said they haven't actually even seen a car yet that was showing signs of the issue yet clearly enough cars in North America did have the problem to justify the recall?

The 'not happening to me' or to the imaginary millions in your mind (just because they haven't reported in on CrackBerry) is not a valid explanation of where the problem is.

I won't even get into the myriad differences in router chipset design that any software vendor offering wifi connectivity has to test against because Brad you are likely to sound off like an expert on that too.
    Kanishk Amin and lift like this.
    03-20-15 12:03 PM
92 123 ...