PS. Here's something I've been wondering. Notice the small circle in this screen capture. Whenever I check that setting screen it is doing that! Circling, circling, always circling. Est-ce que c'est normale?
    Perfectly normal. The phone just checks for available Wi-Fi access point near your position.
    By the way, can you check that the AP you want to connect is on top of your saved network ? Tap the first icon at the bottom ("Saved") and move "Rogers1EC3" to the top of the list by long pressing it and choose "Step up Priority" if needed.
    12-19-14 05:55 PM
    Hi Josh. I did what you suggested. Did not even know about that, thanks. My current connection is now on top. Here's a capture.
    Wi-Fi problems are back for me-img_20141219_204821.png

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 07:50 PM
    PS -- it had been at the bottom

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 07:54 PM
    PS -- it had been at the bottom
    Ha ! Might be your issue. We'll see.
    12-19-14 07:58 PM
    Mon Dieu ! ---- That small thing could have been my problem all these months?! C'est si simple?
    Crazy.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 08:10 PM
    Mon Dieu ! ---- That small thing could have been my problem all these months?! C'est si simple?
    Crazy.
    "Might", not "is". When you are not connected to the top saved network, the phone scans to find the ones marked as priority. If not found, there is no reason to disconnect from the current network. But... if these networks are near you, it can, depending on the signal strength. Or if there is a bug in the current network stack...

But my bet stays on the WPA... We'll see
    12-19-14 08:21 PM
    Je comprends. . Alors, if WPA is the problem, what's the solution? Stay on WEP?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 08:48 PM
    Je comprends. . Alors, if WPA is the problem, what's the solution? Stay on WEP?
    No way ! We will try other combinations from WPA to WPA 2, with Personal or Enterprise setting, TKIP/CCMP, etc... in the mean time, or say until the 10.3.x official release solves your issue.

By reading the logs, I see that you use WPA personal with TKIP (Temporal Key Integrity Protocol). I hope the WPA 2 enterprise setting will work far better for you. It's what I use at home without issues.
    12-19-14 09:39 PM
    Ah. OK. So the idea is, try WEP for a day or two, then if that's successful, try WPA 2 Enterprise?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 10:03 PM
    Bonne nuit. A demain : )

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 10:19 PM
    Ah. OK. So the idea is, try WEP for a day or two, then if that's successful, try WPA 2 Enterprise?
    First, locate the root of the evil, then correct it By using WEP, we validate (or not) that the WPA protocol is your issue. Wait & see
    12-20-14 05:48 AM
    Thanks. I'll check in again soon. Not too worried about being on WEP for a few days since I live in "les ch'tis"...

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 10:35 AM
    I was getting the limited WiFi notice for awhile. I changed the channel my router was on and haven't seem the notice since. None of my other devices had an issue before or after changing channels. I think these phones don't like certain channels. Of course that doesn't help when the router isn't yours.
    12-21-14 07:25 AM
    I was getting the limited WiFi notice for awhile. I changed the channel my router was on and haven't seem the notice since. None of my other devices had an issue before or after changing channels. I think these phones don't like certain channels.
    Changing channel is a solution when you have many hot-spots available at your location, or electromagnetic perturbations in the way (like a damned fridge).
    And a limited wi-fi means that you are connected but the AP did not give you further access. Can be an authentication issue, a DHCP issue, etc... the list goes on.
    12-21-14 07:45 AM
    Changing channel is a solution when you have many hot-spots available at your location, or electromagnetic perturbations in the way (like a damned fridge).
    And a limited wi-fi means that you are connected but the AP did not give you further access. Can be an authentication issue, a DHCP issue, etc... the list goes on.
    For sure. But that one little change and the message hasn't appeared again when it was every day and often. Perhaps a background change by bb at the same time was made, I don't know.
    12-21-14 07:47 AM
    Salut Joshua & everyone. Just checking in. No problems so far. Smooooth sailing. Will check in again towards the end of the week. Joyeux No�l

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 06:45 PM
    Salut Joshua & everyone. Just checking in. No problems so far. Smooooth sailing. Will check in again towards the end of the week. Joyeux No�l
    Nice !
    Joyeux No�l au Nord du pays !
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    12-22-14 07:54 PM
    Josh. Salut mon vieux. Et hello tout le monde. Eh bien... 6 days (the longest since I got the phone) without experiencing even one dropped WiFi connection...

But. Well I took the plunge, & upgraded to a leaked OS (10.3.1.1154) which I found on another forum. It's a perfect version with the best radio etc.
    So, wow.. 10.3.1 is just, so much smoother, more utile, & well, more refined & beautiful. Anyway, I could go on but ....
    About WiFi....
    It dropped a few times, quite a few times, in the first few hours after the update. But it has settled down & apart from once or twice asking me to "log in" to a "hotspot" it has been flawless. Still on WEP..

Anyway. Hope all is well.
    Go Raptors! Don't really like the new look but still a great team

Posted via CB10
    Joshu42 likes this.
    12-30-14 08:06 AM
    Haven't had any issues with wifi in a long time, except the usual 5G networks disappearing problem.
    12-30-14 09:03 AM
    Haven't had any issues with wifi in a long time, except the usual 5G networks disappearing problem.
    Mind if I ask what OS? Seems like it was a pre 10.3 problem

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ursus Rufus; 12-30-14 at 02:54 PM.
    12-30-14 10:05 AM
    I'm still on 10.2.2.1609

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 11:01 AM
    I'm still on 10.2.2.1609

Posted via CB10
    That's is certainly great to hear.
    It certainly was a vexing problem for a lot of other people. 15 pages of "Wifi Problems back" is enough of a testament. As Joshua42 made clear though (cf supra) it seems to be that OS 10 "prefers" certain protocols over others. I was on WPA Personal and had no end of troubles. Switched to WEP and didn't have a single glitch, ever.

So what's the disappearing 5G problem? Didn't think there was any 5G yet to disappear? Doesn't even seem to be agreement on what 5G is going to be about..
    Cheers!
    12-30-14 03:06 PM
    I was talking about the 5GHZ Wifi at home. I got a Netgear 6100 and after a reboot, my Z10 connects to the 5GHZ just fine.
    There is another AP in the hood on 5GHZ Ch64. It is weak but whenever it appears and I disconnect my phone from my 5GHZ network, I cannot reconnect to it anymore because it simply vanishes. The 2.4GHZ network is still there. In order to find my own 5GHZ Network again, I have to reboot the phone again.
    BTW, the same problem is with my two PlayBooks. My son's Samsung Galaxy S3 mini dies not have that problem.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 04:15 PM
    As Joshua42 made clear though (cf supra) it seems to be that OS 10 "prefers" certain protocols over others. I was on WPA Personal and had no end of troubles. Switched to WEP and didn't have a single glitch, ever.
    Well, if I may, I don't think it's an issue with BB10.

I'm currently in WPA-PSK (personal) since you started this thread, and I had 0 issue since. All works as expected. Note that I set an AES encryption type, not TKIP. That can be your issue. But I think, as a next step, that you can search the web for a firmware update for your router...

And even if it's working great, don't stay in WEP Seriously though
    12-30-14 05:05 PM
    I changed mine from TKIP+AES to AES only, and it has gotten better.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 05:47 PM
463 ... 1314151617 ...