It seems the moderators are working overtime to shield this issue without crackberry actually looking into it?
    why in the hell CRACKBERRY should look into this issue when it is BLACKBERRY issue?

Crackberry is independent BB fan site.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    06-19-14 05:15 AM
    Well its what AT&T told me. They said to turn data off to force wifi. But then I don't receive texts & such.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.296 & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.296
    Data connection on the Mobile network has NO INFLUENCE to receiving texts (SMS)
    when you turn of data connection on the mobile (but keeping the mobile radio on) - you still can call/receive calls, send/receive texts (SMS). but you just cannot use the internet (see, DATA)
    but in this case, wifi will be forced and data will be received through wifi.
    anon(4086706) likes this.
    06-19-14 05:34 AM
    oh, by the way, there's no point to block blackberry.com in your wifi router settings, thus proving it works or not, because...

ping is done via mobile data, not wifi. how can you block blackberry.com on bb device?

that's one of possible explanations why wifi still works when you block blackberry.com

but in generally, that dude wayne industries - is just rude and stubborn, not liking to be wrong. smh lol
    Last edited by yessuz; 06-19-14 at 05:54 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-19-14 05:38 AM
    WiFi problems are back today. PITA

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    kbz1960 and SnoozerBold like this.
    06-19-14 06:59 AM
    I've had a couple of good days concerning this Problem. At least on my router at home my Q10 stayed connected and in the Office I got the much dredded Messages only 4 or 5 times a day. A wi-fi disconnect/reconnect on the Q10 did the trick.

But about two days ago it got real bad again. Now the Q10 refuses to connect to the wifi in the Office completely, even if I switch off mobile data. This is getting REALLY annoying!
    SnoozerBold and kbz1960 like this.
    06-19-14 09:03 AM
    Can we put to bed the criticism that this issue is not in any way related to BlackBerry. Com?

Michael Clewley tweeted the night of my post that "the site is back up so we should see quick resolution to the issue"

The clear inference is that the issue was related as stated in my original post when I started this thread.

He then posted to his BBM Channel that BlackBerry is working on it. Again, if this WAS NOT BlackBerry related why would they need to get on this.

I think it is safe to deduce from all this that there is in fact a clear relationship to this issue with BlackBerry servers.

Wi-Fi problems are back for me-img_20140619_103615_edit.png

Wi-Fi problems are back for me-img_20140619_102606_edit.png

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Wi-Fi problems are back for me-img_20140619_103615.png  
    06-19-14 09:47 AM
    Hi Everyone

It's good to be here. I just wanted to mention that I too, have had a running game with "Wifi Limited" going on for the month that I have had my Zed 30. Here's a solution that I discovered a few days ago & so far *knock on wood* actually seems to work!
    I will make this brief so that anyone who wants to can just try it: Go into System Settings. Scroll down to "Security and Privacy" open that. Now go down to "Diagnostics". Open that. The last line on that page says, "Send diagnostics and usage data".. Slide that toggle to "Off" .. Restart your phone. Try it out
    I'll write that in brief:
    System Settings > Security and Privacy > Diagnostics > Send diagnostics and usage date (Off)

That's it. Have a good one
    06-19-14 10:46 AM
    Hi Everyone

It's good to be here. I just wanted to mention that I too, have had a running game with "Wifi Limited" going on for the month that I have had my Zed 30. Here's a solution that I discovered a few days ago & so far *knock on wood* actually seems to work!
    I will make this brief so that anyone who wants to can just try it: Go into System Settings. Scroll down to "Security and Privacy" open that. Now go down to "Diagnostics". Open that. The last line on that page says, "Send diagnostics and usage data".. Slide that toggle to "Off" .. Restart your phone. Try it out
    I'll write that in brief:
    System Settings > Security and Privacy > Diagnostics > Send diagnostics and usage date (Off)

That's it. Have a good one
    My diagnostics is always off, but I still get the occasional "limited wi-fi" issue.

So, that's not it.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-19-14 10:56 AM
    My diagnostics is always off, but I still get the occasional "limited wi-fi" issue.

So, that's not it.

Posted via CB10
    Mine has always been off, just looked and still is. Nope, not it.
    06-19-14 11:16 AM

So, that's not it.

Posted via CB10
    Hi Joel

Hm. Well the above solution is working for me. I did have two recurrences. In both cases, when I checked, "Diagnostics and usage data" had somehow become turned ON, even though I had not done so. Very odd. Once it was switched off again, Wifi problems went away. 24 hours now & not one recurrence. If it happens again, I know exactly what I will check
    06-19-14 11:21 AM
    Hopefully this will get settled with the OS update, whenever that is
    06-19-14 11:23 AM
    That solution doesn't work for me, cause i have the send data off by default.
    06-19-14 11:30 AM
    That solution doesn't work for me, cause i have the send data off by default.
    Hi .. So I am trying to figure out why this solution works for me & is obviously not working for others. The only other thing that may or may not be a factor in this, that I can think of pro tem is that I also have Location Services switched off
    06-19-14 11:35 AM
    Hi .. So I am trying to figure out why this solution works for me & is obviously not working for others. The only other thing that may or may not be a factor in this, that I can think of pro tem is that I also have Location Services switched off
    Well guess what, i always have location services off (unless i need it, which is 2% of the time. )... just consider yourself lucky...at the moment. ...
    a lot of us in here have just about every configuration you can think of. Some won't have problems for days, weeks and even months. Others have problems every day or every other day, some even 2-3 times a day....you just don't know because it's random, so it's hard to pinpoint what works and what doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    SnoozerBold and kbz1960 like this.
    06-19-14 07:07 PM
    I still can't figure out why on earth CB would close down a thread about this issue. I mean, within the realm of conscience, I can't think of a single reason. Can/does BlackBerry ask CB to close threads? Honest question, I don't know how interactive the two companies are.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.2102 (2141)
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    06-19-14 11:13 PM
    I still can't figure out why on earth CB would close down a thread about this issue. I mean, within the realm of conscience, I can't think of a single reason. Can/does BlackBerry ask CB to close threads? Honest question, I don't know how interactive the two companies are.

I bet they did ask CB to close it, so that this doesn't get too popular. This seems to be a major flaw and that's why.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 07:52 AM
    I bet they did ask CB to close it, so that this doesn't get too popular. This seems to be a major flaw and that's why.

Posted via CB10
    As much as I agree there IS a problem. I highly doubt that there is a conspiracy to keep it under wraps. The threads just deteriorate into name calling and flame wars, that and multiple threads on the same subject. That would be my guess as to why they're closed.

OR AM I JUST PART OF THE CONSPIRACY AND IM TRYING TO THROW YOU OF?!? MUAHAHAHA!!!!

Posted via CB10. Most likely over my carrier's data connection and not wifi.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-20-14 08:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    More like some posts got out of hand.
    drfever likes this.
    06-20-14 08:08 AM
    Well, I have to add my problems with wifi too. It is similar with what the others have been saying. In fact, it goes back even further to my BB07 OS!! Many times either upon first powered up my devices (Blackberry problem only) or just after finishing a call and needing to make another call (over wifi) I cannot. I see those same messages such as "limited wifi or no wifi available). A hard reset will bring wifi back. This actually started (and continues today) with my BB9900, BB9930, BB9790 and also happens with my Z10, Z30,Q10 !! I have done the usual to try to fix such as factory reset and another os but all to no avail so I just wrote it up in my mind as probably something or some app I have that was doing it. Thanks for the OP for opening up this discussion. I also have a couple of Android devices (Nexus 4, Droid Razr M) that have NEVER had any wifi problems! It is not my router as I can get wifi no problem with my Androids while at the same time I cannot and must reboot my Blackberry phones. I guess I have been somewhat dense to the wifi problem for the last couple of years as I was blinded by my love for Blackberry devices. Changes to the OS 10.3.x are only a work around for the BB10 devices. What about the legacy devices? I still have consistent wifi issues with them-kind of a pain that I have to do resets on them all the time to get wifi to work correctly. Blackberry should get their act together on whatever their server is doing to mess up wifi and not just a workaround for BB10 specific devices! In fact, unless they fix this problem, I will NOT purchase any additional Blackberries (Q20 I had in mind) and will just switch over to Android fully. SO... Blackberry..Get yer head out of yer a....ses and fix the problem!!
    06-20-14 10:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just to clarify, my original post about this wasn't an accusation, more a question. I don't know how the two companies interact. I've heard that CB at times has BlackBerry's ear. What I don't know is of that is mutual.

06-20-14 10:45 AM
    I haven't had any wifi drops for days now, since the start of this thread more or less B-)

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    06-21-14 12:27 PM
    I haven't had any drops since the acknowledgement from BlackBerry and a promise to address the issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 01:54 PM
    As much as I agree there IS a problem. I highly doubt that there is a conspiracy to keep it under wraps. The threads just deteriorate into name calling and flame wars, that and multiple threads on the same subject. That would be my guess as to why they're closed.

OR AM I JUST PART OF THE CONSPIRACY AND IM TRYING TO THROW YOU OF?!? MUAHAHAHA!!!!

Posted via CB10. Most likely over my carrier's data connection and not wifi.
    If I'm not mistaken that last thread on the issue got a little out of control with in fighting and disrespectful behavior. That may be why they took it down. It went off topic far too often with a lot of in fighting.

kbz1960 likes this.
    06-21-14 02:06 PM
    I haven't had any wifi drops for days now, since the start of this thread more or less B-)

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    You are welcome hahaha just kidding. I wish I had that kind of pull.

06-21-14 02:07 PM
    If I'm not mistaken that last thread on the issue got a little out of control with in fighting and disrespectful behavior. That may be why they took it down. It went off topic far too often with a lot of in fighting.

I didn't find that to be the case. Some people were frustrated, but there were a lot of good points made, and it makes sense to me to keep a thread like this open for others to share their issues allowing surveyors of the thread to qualify the user impact. Assuming that BlackBerry reads such posts.

Last edited by bubbbab; 06-22-14 at 06:50 PM.
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    06-21-14 07:32 PM
463 ... 7891011 ...